iPad Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by banger1103, Sep 19, 2012.

1. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    What I don't like is that capcom has pretty much disbanded their team that worked on Volt.

I thought they would be really impressed with the amount of traffic the game is creating...

2. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    The hope is that Capcom release the port of ssf4 3ds with full roster! The price could be like final fantasy port(15 bucks).
    The fact is that Capcom doesn't seems interested in ios platform and yes, this game is a complete failure in terms of quality, just read the AppStore review!

3. kyorishin

kyorishin Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    黑客
    中国
    So how does one go about uploading a replay? :confused:

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You can't upload them from the game. You must record them using apps like Display Recorder (only jailbroken devices), with a camera, etc, and then upload them to YouTube. Yeah, it sucks.

5. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I dont get why this game gets such a hard time.. personally I like it.

I do agree it lacks characters and the lag is often unbearable, but I enjoy playing it more than Volt, tbh I haven't fired up Volt in months since SFxT released.

The coin system was a major flaw, but they somewhat rectified it by drastically reducing the wait time.

So again, my only wish list for this game is more characters, but not by
    bringing out a new version and tagging the word 'Volt' on the end; for which some of you believe may happen:confused: and more improvements to the online performance.

6. kyorishin

Apr 3, 2012
    黑客
    中国
    No solution for non jail broken devices? What a bummer... Had some interesting encounters with e1berto that I wanted to share with you guys...

7. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Volt has more strategy involved than this game. So I went back to it ;P

8. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Actually there's a display recorder app in the AppStore that I managed to get. You can check if it's still there but I doubt it. Prolly already got pulled.

9. kyorishin

Apr 3, 2012
    黑客
    中国
    Yeah we will definitely have SFxTK Volt sometime this year, and surprise surprise you will have to part with $6.99... And you will be forced to dump the current SFxTK that you have on your iOS device right now. It sucks but then again we do suck up to Capcom! #

10. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    i doubt it, capcom input IAP and DLC into this game, they will keep doing it, they wont do such a thing like sfxt volt LOL or whatever, sfxt ios will die just the way it is, maybe a few more characters before it does.

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Same here, although I'm playing Volt too. I just started some weeks ago and while I don't like the balance of the game, I'm still having fun, but I still like SFxTK a lot more.
    About SFxTK Volt, I think that they will release that version because, well, at the moment the whole game sucks, I mean, they changed the graphics with last update (now they suck), the sound engine is just awful, too much lag, stupid coin system (I just played mirror with a good player, but no more credits, DAMN), leveling up to unlock more modes, etc etc etc. Those things can't be fixed with an update, that's why I want SFxTK Volt.

You could record it with another camera, or use one of the Air Play apps for the PC. If you can't, you could upload the file of the replay (you can get it using programs like iExplorer or ifunbox, it's in the folder of the game, in "Documents") to Mediafire, send me the link via PM and I will paste the file on my iPod to record it with Display Recorder.

Nah, I don't think so. Both games have the same level of strategy. Volt with Focus/Ultra and SFxTK with Partner/Pandora. In fact, I think that SFxTK has more strategy than its console version, due to how the partner gauge works in the mobile version.

12. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    They really should eliminate the coin system. If, as I assume, they're making almost no money on IAPs of coins, then I don't see any reason against it. They also really need to fix friendlies, create a BN like Volt's (to allow for a bit of community and replays), fix the ranking system and allow matches with no pandora boxes (very doubtful). But yeah, I do still like the game.

13. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I'm with you (although not so much on the game dying). The biggest reason for a new app for SF was the addition of MP. There's just not enough to add to this game to justify a whole new app. And a whole new app would piss people of much more than IAPs/DLC.

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Does anyone want to play some matches? I use level 1 defense gem.

15. NorrisForever79

NorrisForever79 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Graphics has changed in the last update?? I don't see differences between version 1.0 and 1.1! Is it better or worse??

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    A bit worse. Characters lost the shadows of their models. After pandora you can see that there's a missing frame in the animation. It's probably just a bug though.

17. NorrisForever79

NorrisForever79 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    I didn't notice that! However the mistery of this game is that is always on sale!

18. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    They probably did it to make the online less laggy.

19. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Yes but the online is still laggy and they could leave shadows in single player! There is no justification, the game seems a bad conversion from another software house not capcom!

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I was thinking the same, until I saw the Pandora animation. The characters still have the shadow effect on their models, but somehow it's invisible with the last update, which means that the missing effect is still there but we can't see it. By making it invisible it can't improve the online experience in any way, so it must be a bug. If you want to see how the characters look with the effect, see Ryu in the 4th screenshot in the AppStore.