Strike Wing - Space Combat Sim [Universal] (by Dream Builder Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vaipa, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013

oh my god!!!

2. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Its out on the 24th - Worldwide!
    :)

3. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    The perfect addition for a new iPad 5. :)

4. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Great!!! Can't wait!!!

5. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    This game is really, really cool. It runs fast and smooth, controls well, and transfers data between iPad and iPhone (at least manually). I'd pay more if you asked, I don't like micro transactions much either and would take a "big unlock" if it were needed.

For now, I'm grinding away. Wow the first "destroy corvette" mission is hard!!

6. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I wondered the same thing. I bought the $8.99 bundle IAP to make up for it. Probably best to make it optional, right?

I kinda like the faceless enemies. I can fill in the details with my imagination!

I like SHORT missions so it doesn't matter if I win or lose if I can get back into them again. Quick resume would be nice in the event of a phone call though. I'd also like the iCloud saving to be automatically handled so I don't have to think about it.

That would probably require the developers to make some more detailed models, which could affect performance or supported devices. I've enjoyed going after the capital ships in this game. It would be cool to have some bombing runs on space stations like the iOS oldie "Venger" or the super old Intellivision/Atari 5200 game "Dreadnaught Factor."