Universal Super Gridland (by doublespeak games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Jan 19, 2017.

1. bigmonkeynads

bigmonkeynads Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Are you guys serious this game looks terrible.

I'll have to try the web version first before I commit $$

2. I may have played the easy mode since I was clueless at first and couldn't survive the first night. I started a new game from scratch to see if I could finish it around the same day. I beat it the first time around day 43 and my new game is at 37 now, so I'll try to beat it soon. On this game, I don't think I've even died yet, so I'd say have a pretty good handle on things now.

There's also the NG+, but unless the game has some sort of leaderboard (I can't find it), I don't see why I would keep playing. I had his issue with YMBAB, too. I usually like some high score chasing with my match-3s.

3. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #43 BillyOceansBlues, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Oh man!!! I played the browser version of this game a ton on my phone! I'm so happy to see it as its own app. Merry Christmas to me.
    P.S. Don't forget about your bombs and health potions at night! (Bottom of the screen)

4. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    what's the pointbof collecting resources? Are these used to fight the enemies during the night phase?

5. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    But one of the most addictive match 3s i played ;-)

6. CraigG

CraigG Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    The web version actually works really nicely on iPad, and to my ears even has superior music. As for the game in general, the original is one of my all-time favourite match games – right up there with DS Zookeeper.

I'm interested to hear how rapidly people are blazing through this one, though –#the first one got insanely difficult late on. But then when I used to play it, the game didn't have the difficulty switch that's also found its way to the new mobile version.

7. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    It geting too repetitive due lack of meta game, but still good. To much monster blocks comparing to swords and shields I'd say.

8. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Yeah I'm getting just a tad bored with it now - I will finish it but I'm on about day 25 or so and it's getting too repetative for me - and I'm also finding it a bit too easy now I've worked out what I'm doing.

9. Beat the game again, this time on the default difficulty level and I got zero deaths. Started NG+ again but not really feeling the pull to continue.

10. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Yeah, you can keep upgrading the houses, but to what end?

11. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    I'm now on Day 72 of my second run through, beat the (spoiler)again, fully upgraded all the houses, and there seems to be nothing else to do.
    Anyone found anything interesting at all?

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Or... drown yourself in enemies and drop a bomb on 'em! ;)

13. Bootsy

Bootsy Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Why do the blocks sometimes disappear and leave you with a blank screen to make matches? That's just dumb.

Otherwise, this game is way too easy even on hard mode. It's not even fun.

14. That's a bug the developer's trying to fix.

15. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Thank you for your positive feedback. .

16. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I'm there too on my first run on "hard". Winnable? Endless?

17. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Great concept. Great fun.

I love the way the game just keeps layering new upgrades on you!

Btw, is there anything beyond defeating "the creature that eye summon"? Or is that the endgame done and dusted?

18. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    #58 akindc, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Doesn't seem to be. Tried fully upgrading all the buildings, but nothing new seemed to happened when I finished that.

19. Bootsy

Bootsy Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Thank you. I thought it was on purpose and thought it was dumb, but I'm happy it's not intentional.

20. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Even more broken after update for me. Missing blocks still happen though only a few but also once I was fighting and suddenly wasnt doing any damage but didnt die either, new mobs just kept spawning. Other time I didnt get any damage or shields at least bars didnt change. My damage was full and shields empty and stayed that way.