Super Meebo's Epic 2D Platform Adventure Will Re-Write App Store History

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by PixelPower, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelPower

PixelPower Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Wow thats great info!! I could get used to making $4-5k a month. Grandma garden has a money tree growing in it. How did you promote your game?

2. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    ……………………………………..________
    ………………………………,.-’”……………….“~.,
    ………………………..,.-”……………………………..”-.,
    …………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
    …………………,?………………………………………………\,
    ………………./…………………………………………………..,}
    ……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
    ……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
    …………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
    …………./__.(…..”~-,_…………………………,:`………./
    ………../(_….”~,_……..”~,_………………..,:`…….._/
    ……….{.._$;_……”=,_…….”-,_…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}
    ………..((…..*~_…….”=-._……”;,,./`…./”…………../
    …,,,___.\`~,……”~.,………………..`…..}…………../
    …………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”
    …………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
    ………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
    ,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
    …..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
    ……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
    …………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
    ……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
    …………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
    ……………………………..,<`.._|_,-&“…………….`

3. RebelBinary

RebelBinary Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Software Developer/Designer
    Ottawa, Canada
    I have to say that those games piss me off as well, it just dilutes the market with garbage and minimizes the chances an unknown indie game with actually descent gameplay gets noticed.

4. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    This game is amazing what engine did you use, I noticed this works on all devices.

5. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Ok if you want to play copter here http://www.coptergame.net/

My game doesnt feel or play like copter there are many so differences and to say there isnt is just a lie.

1. The bird doesnt move like a copter its much more smoother you dont have to keep pressing the button to fly and the bird does drop it glides down slowly.

2. The spikes are random and small dont take up 1/4 screen like in copter.

3. You collect coins to help boost your highscore , there are no coins in copter.

4. There are theme's to unlock in beautiful birds flying adventure, there no theme's to unlock in copter.

5. You can touch the top and bottom of the screen and that wont kill you bird but make you bounce up or down. In copter you die so thats totally different from copter.

I mean when you want to call something a clone make sure you know what a clone is. This game is so different from copter its not even funny.

6. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Wow this thread is almost at 200 pages. Once it reaches I post all the positive website reviews on the game again. I swear the amount of polish that went into this is amazing.

7. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Can somebody close this thread please ?

8. AlienSpace

AlienSpace Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    #368 AlienSpace, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    Please NOooooooo....

This thread is too much ridiculous fun to let go. =)

The ups and downs, loves and hates, the drive to reach for the stars, or to chose to wallow in the gutters... this thread is a metaphor for the human condition. Kill it, and you kill us. :)

9. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    lol.. oh roy, krehol, rodrigo, whatever.. again.. you must be a pretty poor little guy to repeat the same stuff over and over again..

why should anyone waste their time with a "challenge" to you where its none..

you can dig up your old threads with your old accounts where i responsed to the same reactions from you several times over.. :) not going todo it again

its funny and sad at the same time, because your still stuck in your old childish habits .. way to go..

anway..good luck on your next 50k of super meeboo income :) , krehol games ftw!

have fun kids..but don't be too loud ;)

10. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Ok so since you dont want to do a developer challenge I guess thats the last time you post in this thread. Thankyou it was nice meeting you, but since you cant prove anything you say its best you say nothing at all. Bye bye Mr. Ugly

11. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    lol.. this is funny.. what a deja vu

12. BirdBoy

BirdBoy Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Your idea is good, I think I will make game like it. I'm gonna call mine pretty birdy fly fly fly. The big difference tho will be that the coins will be bigger, and that also means better. Also my bird will have more wings because more wings is also better.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Why? We're all adults. There's far worse threads on this site

Can't believe he worked on those scam apps like the halo one and the call of duty one. Shameful.

14. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    at least he's not playing the race-to-the-bottom game like so many developers. props for charging $10 for some of those apps.

Ann36 on the app store seems to love them too. i know someone named ann, and i trust her. probably the same chick.

15. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Yeah big props for charging 10$ for crappy rip offs, clearly designed to fool users to pay for something they didn't intend to buy.. what a silly point to make.

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm pretty sure that was meant to be tongue in cheek

17. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Ok well if you going to focus on someone who I worked for , then Iam out of this thread because thats not relevent to Super Meebo.

Attached Files:

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Don't you have any morals though when you took those jobs? Obvious it was a scam to p!ss off people and take their money

19. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    List of total resources to help you promote your iphone game or app

I noticed there isnt a central location where people can go to find exact marketing information, so I decided to make this thread to help the new people out. This thread is all about marketing and links to help you reach the 1,000,000,000's of iphone gamers spread across the internet.
    Rules
    1. Only talk about marketing and promotions
    2.You can share links to anything related to marketing such as postmortum's or websites that you can post your game,give reviews,email reviewers.
    3. No opinions on other peoples games or other people life,aka no flaming.

Anyone who doesnt follow these rules will be reported and removed.

60+ places to promote your iphone game, plus emails so you can ask for a review on your game or app.

http://www.squidoo.com/massive-list-of-iphone-app-review-sites

You want to know exact figures on how some iphones made money or didnt. Want to know the process and end result. Read this epic page with info you wont get anywhere else.

http://thegamebakers.com/money-and-the-app-store-a-few-figures-that-might-help-an-indie-developer.html

See how a simple game like chopper2 went on to sell $350,000 copies at the price of $2.99

http://majicjungle.com/blog/283/

Canabalt see why Adam Atomic choose $2.99 as his price point
    http://www.destructoid.com/gdc-10-falling-to-your-death-the-canabalt-postmortem-166512.phtml

HyperIOS how did a simple space game become a success
    http://thirdpartyninjas.com/blog/2011/09/28/hypership-ios-postmortem/

20. I second that!

Don't know if I could exist anymore without this thread. My days would be dreary, my life would have no purpose, and I would have constant nightmares over Super Meebo's sad cruel fate.

Alas, and now Pixelpower is brave enough to start another thread, but this time with some ground rules for the developers!

Ahhh, the irony of life!