Super Meebo's Epic 2D Platform Adventure Will Re-Write App Store History

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by PixelPower, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelPower

PixelPower Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Just went free again if you missed the free promotion download last time.

2. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    This game is excellent and should be on top of the charts!!

3. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Yeah that project is long off but will get done. I am working on some much more deeper games than this one, and you will get to see bigger and better games from me.

4. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Free again this weekend, so if you didnt get it last time here is your chance.

5. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
  6. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    No there is no need for a lite version , unless sales arent good. This is a solid game anyone looking for a lite probably cant buy it and just wants to play. Excellent job and I wish you alot of success!!

7. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    I smell a foul odor of shill , does anyone else smell it?

8. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Ok you need the 10.6 Snow-leopard OS to run application loader, that would be the most sound and easy solution. What model mac-mini are you running, I could go look up if its capable of running that OS.

9. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Ok you dont need to use the latest xcode to upload to the appstore. Obviously the man is on a budget , 10.6 OS snow leopard will do just fine for now. You just have to download an older version of xcode which is easy to find.

10. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    It would be very tough to find a developer for revenue share to program your game as profit is not guarenteed. Also you give a developer your story line an idea, why would they need you when they could take the idea and program it themselves. The best route to go is to slowly learn how you can make the game yourself using an easy to use tool to learn the concepts of programming.
    IOS developers are a really busy group, so good luck. But a game like what your talking about would take a long time to make KRPG is not exactly simple.

11. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    New Castlevania type game is in development . Here is an early screenshot and link to the blog so you can follow up on news of the game.

BLOG LINK:
    http://epicquestiphone.blogspot.com/

Attached Files:

12. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    I didnt do anything wrong here but it seems Hodapp wants to punish me for past associations, namely a company that he doesnt like that I worked for in the past. So go ahead and ban me , I promise never to come back to this unfair place.

13. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    I may be speaking out of turn, but I think it is pretty clear to everyone that Hodapp is "punishing" you for your behavior under this account, not any association as you claim.

He made it clear you were only supposed to post in this thread, you acknowledged that, and then have proceeded to break that rule on a regular basis. His "punishment" of moving all your posts back into this thread is better than banning you or wiping out all your posts completely which he has the option of doing.

Hodapp may have eased up on you if you demonstrated you could contribute to the community in a constructive and positive way on an ongoing basis, but he is never going to ease up on you while you continue to ignore his requests. I imagine every time you break the "only post in this thread" rule, he mentally resets his tolerance and you are back to square one.

If you want to participate in any forum, just stick to the rules laid out for you. If you don't like the rules or the moderation, go somewhere else, or start your own forum.

Staying here while breaking the rules and then complaining about it just wastes everybody's time, including yours.

14. Well, look at it another way, you got one of the longest and most viewed threads here in the developer's section. At least reading the thread has been interesting. Just follow the rules for awhile, I'm sure they will ease up on you at some point.

15. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    #475 PixelPower, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
    For the past month I keep my posts positive. This is plain torture, I post relevant info and keep positive. No matter what I do he just loves messing with me. He rather I post here and people come to fight me. I rather post good post and not fight. Anyone blind to that fact is just plain dumb. I have no need to fight anyone and thats the position hodapp puts me in. Now Iam starting to think he enjoys the fights and trolling on toucharcade. I think the other moderators love it too, cause they back him up.
    All thats going to happen is someone is going to read this thread from the start and begin the arguement all over again. Or Mr.Ugly who I successful avoided for a month will pop in to disagree on anything I say. I hate this fighting crap with a passion and now want to avoid conflict at all costs. Forget that I can see a huge fight comming in the future and then Hodapp will jump on twitter and say oh look at pixelpower he is a nut. Then he post the link to this thread. Thats pathetic!!

16. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    You broke the rules he asked you to follow, many, many times recently. Why can't you understand this?

It is not up to you to decide when you can starting posting outside of this thread. It is up to the forum moderators and Hodapp. They will tell you when you can post in other threads. Until then, stick to posting in this thread.

Or at the very least, stop complaining about it when you break the rules knowingly and then get "punished" for it.

I think you need to take a step back from your persecution complex and realize just how prolific My Ugly is and how many people he disagrees with. He isn't targeting you I'm sure.

Then stop being the one that perpetuates the fighting.

17. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #477 Eoghann, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    Wow! Where was I when all this happened?! xD

My mouth literally dropped open as I kept clicking and clicking through the pages on this thread to find users and developers taking the time and putting insane amounts of effort (and words) to help PixelPower on his journey to app development bliss; only for the point to be completely missed in the following reply.

I had the opportunity to "beta test" the Tiny Wings, er..flying bird game. I provided pretty extensive feedback as a potential buyer, suggestions on how to improve gameplay, graphics, user interface, etc, only to be answered with a non sequitur.

It was at that precise moment where I realized that no amount of words would leave an impression on him and his goal to make whatever uninspired game he envisioned. Meebo seemed like a genuine effort, unlike a his Tiny Wings, Canabalt, Jetpack Joyride "inspired" games.

"I'm a programmer, not an artist!" That is NO EXCUSE. There are tons of games out there that are great fun and have incredibly minimalistic graphics. If you are not ready to receive feedback like a big boy, well quite frankly you're just not ready to make games. Coz the world is ruthless and cruel, and will not hesitate to shred your efforts to pieces.

Bitless: One-eyed squares! That an example for yah that comes to mind, proof enough that you don't need top of the line, 3D graphics to make a really fun game.

Bah. I just deleted the other half of this post coz it was turning more into a rant than feedback.

Welp, seems I too jumped into the "maybe what I say will get through to him" wagon.

Dang.

P.S: If it's the "language barrier" that's making this entire thread not sink in (your English is pretty damn well I might add); I will gladly translate this entire thread into Spanish in hopes that it gets through to you brah. xD

18. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    I have seen this game climb the charts and I love it. I am a platform game lover so these types of games are right up my alley. I wish you much success Mikey Shorts!!

19. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    #479 PixelPower, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    As I quote myself its happens , now egonam and pikpok wants a piece of pixel!! You didnt even read the 1st post of the thread but decide to start up the fight again, just as I said. What a waste of human body , the frack!! Now this is turning out to just be damn silly and stupid, I guess its exactly want Hodapp wanted until further notice.
    In the past I apologize in PM to him, asked him what he wants, no answer. Its seems like he just wants negative crap on this forum , so be it.

20. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    I said my piece. Take it however you want. I wish you success on your game developer journey and your mission to severely misconstrue any written form of language that comes your way.