Universal Super Monsters Ate My Condo! - (by adult swim)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordFerocious

LordFerocious Active Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Great review covering everything clearly =) A few things though, winning double coins or a free boost on the wheel should still work when you close the app, so long as you don't start a new game. I tried myself just now and the double coins still worked after closing the app fully and restarting.

The only other slight correction is the Mega Boost boost which activates the x10 points only applies to the first 15 seconds of Mega Zone for a whole play, not every Mega Zone as you say.

IAP opinions aside, great to hear people are enjoying the new game =)

2. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    So I ended up biting because I loved MAMC, and good games deserve to be supported in the end. I won't get any IAP because since the AppStore is trendy, I probly wont play this too much next week.

That said. With no boosts whatsoever I managed to get to spot 327, with 300+ million points, and while the 1st time I broke 100 mil I had no idea what I was doing (cats appeared for me before bieng introduced), seeing all those numbers sum and those blocks explode was extremely satisfying, and I've already played more than 1 hr of this, making (in my personal measure of at least 1 hr per dollar in gaming) worth it.

Now I'm stuck in lv 10, is there a trick to extending the time in mega mode or something? I match 3 diamonds and then just manage to get 4 matches before time runs out. It is rather frustrating :(

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Is there any chance that the graphics from the original that appear whenever you feed condos to the monsters will make their way over to this Super version? I love how much is going on graphically in the original, and I think it'd be great to see those cookies, peace signs, cups of coffe, ect along with the points that float upwards, all over the screen while playing. =oP

4. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    Please update the original MAMC....game keeps on crashing under all modes with IOS6....!

5. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    #125 Capricornman, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
    For me MAMC is fine...SMAMC not so much

Not only does it crash unexpectedly (although on my device it doesn't as much as yours), the real problem is the often staggeringly slow FPS!
    At times the game is so slow that it's totally unplayable
    And yes I've done resets and hardwire resets
    I have IOS6 and funnily the original MAMC runs smooth as silk on IOS6
    Occasionally SMAMC runs good and I'm able to flick the condo I want to flick easily
    When the game ran good I was able finally to score 151 million points but most of the time it's quite impossible!
    I fully understand the strategy of this game but I'm still crawling most of the time like a snail
    And why do I stick it out?
    Maybe because I spent 3 plus dollars on it and I'm trying to have some fun with it
    I sure hope if I get a new device soon that I'll be able to transfer my progress from the game over?
    If not there will be one unhappy camper

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I've actually been having a lot of problems with SMAMC now on my 4th gen as well... still running 5.1.1 - but it doesn't sound quite as bad as what you're experiencing.

Good news? There are iCloud saves here, and they transfer over to other devices FLAWLESSLY. =oD

7. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    #127 Capricornman, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
    Hey SV
    Sometimes it's so slow that I'm literally prying rather than flicking the condo out in super slow mo which usually leads to toppling and game over:)
    Then sometimes it's working great !
    Thanks for the info on iCloud......I feel better now:)
    Congrats on currently being 18th in the GC leader boards !.....How does someone get 288 billion points in first place?:)

8. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I played the original MAMC today to see if there was much difference, and I can't even play MAMC now, super MAMC is so much better.
    For one, I played for like 20 minutes one round, and was getting annoyed at how long it was taking, and secondly, MAMC doesn't register when there is a match if there is a shiny condo in between, and that's extemely annoying.
    I like how SMAMC always registers.
    And the new blocks make the game so much better too, and the boosts.
    it's definitely in a whole different league to MAMC.. MAMC was the bomb dot com when it first came out, nothing compared to it, insanely whacky and unique. It was unbeatable. But now, its sequel is just hugely amazing. I will probably go ahead and delete regular MAMC now, something I thought I could NEVER do. Though, I might keep it just in case it ever receives an update.
    I still hold hope someday pikpok might fix the bug how you can't have a match with shiney condos in between. I'd still love to play long rounds of MAMC when I have the time, but I just can't do it with that bug. It drives me bonkers.

I wish SMAMC had more blocks.. I love the new blocks they brought out, but I feel the diamond isn't of high enough status anymore.. I make like 30+ diamonds in most games I play, and they don't phase me now.. I want black diamonds, like 3 white diamonds makes a black diamond.. Or a pearl or something. And maybe then 3 black diamonds could make a shiny egyptian opal which is the epiphany of rare. The highest of all high achievements. Back int he olden days, I would play the game just to achieve a diamond, to feel like a pro.. But now diamonds are a dime a dozen.. I really hope a higher accomplishment comes soon.

I feel that the MAMC franchise has everything it needs to make it big.. It should be more mainstream than AB. it's perfect. It's what an iOS game should be about. I really hope pikpok continue to make more of the series over time, and have it take over the world. A cool edition to the series could be a word game.. Imagine letter shaped condos falling, and having to swipe the bad letters away to make words.. I reckon it'd be the coolest game ever.
    I hope pikpok would considering doing something like that someday..alot of people love word games..probably more word game fans than puzzle fans on the AppStore..(you haave to remember a huge percentage of apple users are sheep like yuppies who don't want to use their minds, they want games that don't require thinking or strategy.. Word games require some thinking, but generally jot much logic) Most people see a game as a match 3 and slightly get turned off. (I'm guilty of it myself, I didn't get MAMC until a few days after release because it was a match 3, but I'm sure as hell glad I did give it a chance cause it's probably the best game I've ever played in my life)

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    It's not a bug. You're able to make matches with B S G inbetween but only when they're transparent, which is right after they're created.

10. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    To clarify further, that was a mechanic (again, not a bug) in MAMC that was changed in SMAMC. I'm glad they did, really, especially since there's so much to think about at once in SMAMC as it is.

11. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I need some help with the game..

So am i trying to get rid of the colors of the monsters that are on the screen more so than I am trying to match them? (feeding them their own color) My scores are unbearably low. I need some advice from you good players!

12. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    i had a long-winded rant typed up about how i'm not sure how i feel about this game and how it really plays up a lot of racial stereotypes. but then i deleted it because it got too preachy. the original MAMC was kind of fun for the little i played (maybe i should give it more time), but from the gameplay trailer in the original post here, i can see they've upped the ante. it just rubs me the wrong way, which is hard because i like being rubbed in many ways.

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Maybe you could PM those 'racial stereotypes' - because I'm not seeing ANYTHING even remotely close to racist anything in MAMC....

14. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    It's possible some Asian folks find it offensive.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #135 Exact-Psience, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    Ugh... I had to buy off the Chain 10 objective. Been stuck on that for about an hour. Managed to hit over 700M, and can consistently get 200M+ scores every game (exept for some very unlucky ones).

On the downside, the coins gain just isnt enough to cover for powerups every game, which suggests IAP or stick to lower scores until you can afford powerups again.

Not to mention Orient Express is at 10k each time you enter it.

EDIT: Just hit 1.175 Billion in Orient Express :)

16. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    We have to pay 10K each time we use Orient Express....oh man so much for me thinking it was a one time purchase!

17. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    can someone help me with some basic strategy..

Am i trying to feed the monsters while they are on the screen and match the other colors that aren't there?

im just so bad hahah

18. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    I've spun the spinning wheel enough now to say this.........
    That wheel is fixed!!!!!!!

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I actually bought the permanent 2x coins IAP, but it still isnt enough to maintain powerups. And then there's the expensive Cat+Dog+Megax10 combo i love so much, but of course cant do every game.

20. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I dunno about the rest but I go something like this:

Make every match I can that switches the monsters early on, until green arrives.
    Once green arrives I immediately feed him the best gem I can and continue matching, trying now to avoid switching green and always keeping that power-up.
    The strategy here is now trying to match 3 hazards while the green power is on, to get 2 cats, and once you get to cats make sure they're touching everything you're matching (don't forget green power on).

Depending on luck/reflexes/strategy, this should boost your score by a lot (especially if you want basic strategy). I myself managed a little over a billion today, the 1st time I pulled it off by accident I jumped from a record of like 50 million to 100million+

Hope it helps.

(And yes, this is a no boost/no event strategy, I'm thinking dog with green+yellow would be pretty crazy)