Universal Super Monsters Ate My Condo! - (by adult swim)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    THIS. In Orient Express.

2. LordFerocious

LordFerocious Active Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Did you try the slow chain boost to help with this one? Gives you longer between each match to extend your chain.

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nah. Just bought it off.

... And i just got 3.905 Billion with dog+yellow+green. Used up almost all my coins, but this was a good, good run for me. :)

4. LordFerocious

Sep 26, 2012
    Pro Tip: Swiping an upgraded condo to any monster (even blue or red) will extend the timer on a Yellow & Green boost start! You can keep it going forever doing this so long as you don't go into MegaZone which will end any power up.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's exactly what i did in that run, feeding either of them the diamonds to avoid megas, and replaced Mega x10 boost with Extra Time. :)

It'll be a while before i could do another high score run as im low on gold (4k left) and i always like having 10k up so id have a shot at the Orient Express runs.

6. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009

Thank you for the tips. honestly, It all sounds pretty foreign to me but I am gonna give it another go

7. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Just keep the green monster out, and the blue monster for learning, then when your ready switch the blue monster for the yellow monster.
    Also use the peaceful mode boost to learn. It's pretty cheap so it's not very wasteful.
    The 2x condo boost is also pretty good. Unusually use it when going for a high score because the first 20 seconds is when the most matches show up, so also consider that when your comfortable.

So anyway, green monster on one side, blue monster on the other, don't ever make a match of 3 greens or 3 blues, or the monster will piss off.

Then try to get chains.. Chains are basically a match but then a match straight after, like red,yellow, blue, yellow, yellow, red, red.
    If you swipe the blue block out, the yellows will make a match, then straight after the yellows match and dissapear, the reds will then match straight after.
    When you make chains your "multiplyer" increases. And that just earns you points quicker .. Each match you makes earns you a certain amount of points, if you have a 50x multiplyer you get 50x the points..
    Matches with 5 condos give you 2 bronze instead of one. And if you match 5 brozes you get 2 silvers instead of 1 if you just matched 3 or 4.
    If you make a double match, try to swipe over a shiny condo to the green monster.. I don't use much precision with using the green monsters.. Some ppl plan it out perfectly and swipe the condos just before every match.. I just swipe one over during bigger matches. ALWAYS swipe one over just before you make a diamond, no exceptions. that's where the big points are. So if its gold gold silver silver bronze bronze. You must feed the green monster a shiny, then make a match and it'll make 2 diamonds, then repeat those steps and you'll make 4 diamonds and go into mega mode.
    If your tower is about to fall quickly swipe a shiney block over to the blue monster so your tower doesn't fall.
    Also always swipe a shiny condo over to the green guy when your about to make a cat, again, no exceptions. It's probably the most desirable blok in the game. I often match 4 cats by making 2 cat matches and doubling, (not at once, separately) and then I go into bonanza mode.. Every condo in the board gets updated and turns into diamonds and your score ejaculates. It's usually at this point where you swipe a block over to the yellow monster to get 10x the points. But don't even think about that yet, work on mastering the green/blue monster combo first, then when your a pro, add in the yellow monster and you'll be getting scores in your billions.
    When your a mega pro, you can start with a dog block, they let you activate two monsters at once.. If you activate the green monster and yellow monster and keep feeding them shiny condos to keep there powers going.. You get mega high score.. It takes a lot of patience and skill though.. And dog blocks cost a lot. I don't use them much.
    When you master all those skills, go to the oriental express.. And use these skills there, always use the 30 second time boost there, it costs so much so you may as well pay that little bit extra to get more time, I always use 3 boosts there, usually peaceful mode, dog block, and time.
    Remember nukes end the level, and at 10k per round you sure don't want to end the level early at the oriental express.

8. LordFerocious

Sep 26, 2012
    To start with just ignore the colours and try and match any colour as fast as you can without knocking down the tower. The tower straightens up a bit with every match so you shouldn't need to worry too much about them shaking the tower if you keep making matches quickly. Swiping faster is less likely to destabilize the tower too.

Once you get that down, try to keep the green power on as much as possible to get more condos faster and go from there =)

9. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    appreciate all the advice guys. I had the original. sucked at it so never really gave it a shot. I bought this because I love the style of the game and the idea of it! I'll keep trying.

10. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Yes I have the 2x coin IAP also and still it's quite tough to get coins
    I'm at Hero level and still I wish more coins came more easily!
    Your combo would be nice to use....guess I better save up!

11. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    listened to everyones advice and instantly got quite a bit better. went from scoring around 200K around to putting up 19.52mil within 3 games of reading your advice!

thanks a lot

12. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I tried this game but decided that I prefer the original version more. I really love the endless mode and think it would be awesome if this game could have both modes included in it. :)

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    One thing that still turns me off despite this being my most played game for the last couple days: WE NEED MORE COINS. I have the 2x coins IAP, but still struggling to keep competitive.

I just hope somebody who spends so much on IAP coins doesnt get a lucky run with cat+dog+megax10 because it was his 200th time playing with those boosts on every game.

14. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=156974][​IMG][/thread] [thread=157303][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156503][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156964][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156728][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=157463][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156986][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156979][​IMG][/thread] [thread=157549][​IMG][/thread] [thread=156965][​IMG][/thread]

Click on above icons
    to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]SUPER MONSTERS ATE MY CONDO![/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    26/09/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to match with Adult Swim's giant, hungry monsters whose back for a second helping?

[size=+3][thread=157332]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

Poll close
    10-04-2012 at 07:37 AM

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    right now im just playing to gain coins and it's f****** boring. But i have to, because i want to play 3 straight games with expensive boosts on, to see if i could get a better score.

If the three runs i'll do with boosts dont even give me a decent score, i may have to delete the game after these runs. I dont want to keep playing the boring task of gaining enough coins and getting sh***y scores. Also, the missions are getting more and more difficult to achieve so getting the bonus coins from there is near impossible.

Im sure IAP will never be required, as long as you're ok with crappy scores.

16. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    That's what I thought too. Glad I read this before paying for it. Been spending most of my money on hats.

17. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    My thoughts exactly :)

18. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I just have the basic hats for each monster and only because I was incredibly lucky ONCE to get a double your coins next game and I have the coin doubler too....so I hit the five thousand in the spin and had a lot of money
    Boy did I spend that fast!
    Now it's back to the grinding for coins plus the fact that many times for me it lags on this 4g iTouch and I'm getting weary!!
    Starting to think I'll go play some other games other than this! Zombie Tsunami needs more attention:)

19. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Wow, I am so glad I didn't cave and pay for this...

Thank you to all who have posted your impressions!:D

DBC

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Guessing the Devs missed this the first time I asked...