Super Quick Hook Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Hdsn21, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Metalbear

Metalbear Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    The Zigzag Horror secret is easy to find, but HARD to get to.

2. Nightmare13

Nightmare13 Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    IT Programming
    Chicago, IL
    I finally beat Zigzag Horror, level is a damned mess. (That is the 3rd one, right?)

Where is the secret at so I don't mess around too much at the wrong spot?

3. Metalbear

Mar 21, 2009
    Around 17%. If someone could post the technique to get to it, that would be nice.

4. Nightmare13

Jul 13, 2010
    IT Programming
    Chicago, IL
    I got the secret in Zigzag horror. Took me a bit to figure out the trick to it but it's actually not that hard.

Once you get to around 17% you'll see a small, vertical passage above you. That's the exit, don't try to rocket jump into it. I wasted way too much time doing that.

Go past it and you'll hit a boost panel which will propel you up and forward and you'll be forced to latch onto a hanging ruin. Once you latch on, hold onto it until you swing back to the left, then release and rocket jump up to the left. You'll see the entry passage for the secret above you.

In order to get in, you need to grapple as close to the corner as you can, then use a rocket jump while still maintaining your grapple in order to repel around the corner in a circle and land inside the entrance tunnel.

Now I just need to work on Unknown Fate. :\

5. Hosweh

Hosweh Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Alright metalcub I just got the secret it took Many tries but the only way to get to it is to drop directly under the hole and hook up directly above you so you retract up into it. While attactched you use your rocketboots to pass through it and get to the room with the pig.

Be careful

-hosweh

6. Hosweh

Hosweh Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Or you could do it the other way haha

7. Metalbear

Mar 21, 2009
    The retracting up the chaft then rocketing up worked for me! Thanks guys, all acheivements down! The final secret of the game will be in update 3 as far as I know.

See you around.

8. Hosweh

Hosweh Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Glad it worked metaldoode, now can you help me and tell me where the secret is on the unknown level?

9. Metalbear

Mar 21, 2009
    Who you talking to? My name's Metalbear.

Secret in Unknown Fate is at 28%

10. Hosweh

Hosweh Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Alright thanks metalBEAR

11. Hosweh

Hosweh Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    #111 Hosweh, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
    Been looking at 28% don't see anything

Nevermind just got it, too easy

12. Nightmare13

Jul 13, 2010
    IT Programming
    Chicago, IL
    Can anyone tell me what the secret/locked achievement is?

Also, is there some trick to getting the 'Taking the Plunge' achievement? I've tried falling into every hole in tutorial mode and it still hasn't popped up. :\

I have pretty much everything else, just working on a few developer times and avalanche survival now.

13. Hosweh

Hosweh Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I don't know if This Is the secret achievement but have you gotten the hidden achievement in the avalanche level?

14. Nightmare13

Jul 13, 2010
    IT Programming
    Chicago, IL
    #114 Nightmare13, Jul 14, 2010
    I have both the avalanche and the credits secret. :\ The secret achievement is a 20 pointer, if someone wants to tell me what those ones are.

Also, Unkown Fate @ 28%? Right before the checkpoint? Where the hell at? lol

EDIT: Nvm, have to go past the checkpoint and backtrack to it. Just wondering about the 'Secret' and 'Taking the Plunge' achievements now.

EDIT 2: Secret was End of Nightmares Gold. Just got it for finishing Unknown Fate. Woohoo!

15. Timmiex

Timmiex Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    where are the last 5 coins in lethal halls I have got 30 before the first checkpoint then after that you get 5 at 58% or something and then you get 20 coins at the last where are the other 5? can someone help me!
    and it sucks I don't see if I found a secret ...

16. Cybertox

Cybertox Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Basketball Player
    Switzerland
    I was there but the game did not gave me any secrets wtf?

17. Nightmare13

Jul 13, 2010
    IT Programming
    Chicago, IL
    The new levels don't seem to show OpenFeint messages when you find the secrets for some reason. If you check after you finish the level it should still be there.

18. Machida

Machida Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Gaming
    Mars
    #118 Machida, Jul 14, 2010
    OK where is the unknown fate secret? how bout you be a little more descriptive than 28%?

EDIT: NVm found it, you have to go past the checkpoint, hook onto the 2nd ring and face left, then rocket 2-3 times and there you go

19. bernaferrari

bernaferrari Member

Jul 1, 2010
  20. bernaferrari

bernaferrari Member

Jul 1, 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdK7-drOk6Y