Universal Super Stickman Golf 2 - (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Ugh. That sucks. I have over 500 too and don't want to lose them but really want the update.

2. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Turn-based online doesn't seem to work anymore with the old version. Guess I'll just have to wait until I get confirmation that the bux will transfer over.

3. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    This game getting more lvls soon?

4. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    #484 Jibba, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
    Has the update worked properly for anyone? All of the reviews say it crashes, but there are plenty of replays up so it must be working for some.

Edit: I just updated with no problems so far. Bux and ongoing matches are there. Haven't had a chance to play yet.

5. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Updated, didn't lose anything, working just fine.

Thanks Noodlecake for the update!!

6. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    Has anyone installed the new update on the iPad 2/iOS 6.1.3 and if so any scores,level or bux lost?
    Don't want to lose my level and my 1780 bux...

7. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    Do you have your ~500 bux now?

8. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    "All of the reviews say it crashes"
    Where have you read the game crashes with the update?

"Haven't had a chance to play yet"
    So have you played now? Any issues?

9. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    At the time, there were5 reviews of the new version on iTunes and all 5 said it crashes. I updated anyway and have had no problems at all. Everything is working fine and I didn't lose anything. There's one tiny bug but it only has to do with replays from matches that were continued from the old version to the new one.

So far, it seems to be a great update.

10. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    Are you playing on the iPad 2 / iOS 6.1.3 ?

11. Armchair Allstar

Armchair Allstar Active Member

May 18, 2011
    Damn, a few days ago I just blew 240 bucks for a hat. Now I am getting a 100% chance with only 15 bucks. I wish they credited some back for the people who have already thrown ridiculous amounts of golf bucks / time to get the last few hats. I have down pretty much all the achievements so the only methods I have now for more money are the new tours and slow trickle of multi-player.

12. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Nope. Playing on iPhone 5. Don't know which version but it's the newest official version of iOS.

13. calvinscott

calvinscott Active Member

Aug 13, 2011
    #493 calvinscott, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
    I have some issues with the new updates :

I updated my SSG 2, lost all my progress, already restart, but still the same, then I re-installing the game, now it can't even save the progress, I play the first course, gained gold star and unlocked next course, then I quit and close the game, reopen, the star I got earlier gone and the next course is locked again, but the exp remains, please fix this noodlecake studios

iPad Mini 16GB Wifi iOS 6.1.3

14. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Ok, so I'm liking the update but I was really hoping that the red x problem would be fixed by now. I still find it extremely annoying when I hit a good shot and then it doesn't count. I usually go on tilt afterward and blow it the second time around. It's not a common occurrence, but still quite annoying when it does happen.

Anyway, are there new powerups in this version? I thought there were but am thinking I was wrong and it's just new hats. I did grab all of those and am now still only missing the same two I was missing pre-update (Space Helmet and Blue Wizard, which is now kind of irrelevant since I have the Feather Cap).

Also, are the new courses playable in the online modes? I haven't seen them come up as options yet but have gold starred 5 of them (including one full tour).

Thanks guys.

15. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    For what it's worth, I am now seeing all the new courses in online mode. Impossible Land is also now playable online.

16. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    So I took a huge risk (ALWAYS wait at least one week before installing updates of iOS apps) yesterday and installed the update as the Turn Based mode doesn't work on the previous version of the game anymore.
    I haven't lost any scores, levels or bux.Haven't played the new courses yet but I replayed the old ones and I reached a new level (46>47) by doing so.

17. jschidlowsky

jschidlowsky Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    Right now the only issues are on jailbroken devices (App-Sync errors conflicting with iCloud synchronization), and beta (ios7) devices...

So if you are not running either of those the update should work fine.

We're working on a patch/bug-fix update for both of the above issues and should be submitting the update this weekend.

18. Lunartic

Lunartic Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Japan
    Turn Based Multiplayer Tournaments

The cogs have started to move for us to restart Turn Based Multiplayer Tournaments in mid September.

Here are the potential tournament themes that have been suggested so far:

[​IMG]
    "Lam Party" With the Convict Golfer and Party Hat. 7 x Air Brakes which have to be used on your shot to the green for 7 holes and only those 7 holes count towards your final score.

[​IMG]
    "Bearded Ladies" With the Ladyface Golfer and Blue Beard Hat. 7 x Nitro Ball which have to be used on your first shot for 7 holes and only those 7 holes count towards your final score.

[​IMG]
    "Bouncy Warriors" With the Ninja Golfer and Rubber Mask. 7 x Super Balls which have to be used on your first shot for 7 holes and only those 7 holes count towards your final score.

[​IMG]
    "Lab Rats" With the Super Stickman Golfer and The Goggles Hat. 7 x Laser Balls which have to be used on your first shot for 7 holes and only those 7 holes count towards your final score.

[​IMG]
    "Techtronic Tussle" With the Robot Golfer and Headphones Hat. 7 x Magnet Balls which have to be used on your first shot for 7 holes and only those 7 holes count towards your final score

[​IMG]
    "Demonic Turkeys" With the Demon Golfer and the Fez Hat. 7 x Super Balls which have to be used on your shot to the green for 7 holes and only those 7 holes count towards your final score.

[​IMG]
    "Freedom Flyers" With the Streaker Golfer and the Feather Cap Hat. 7 x Nitro Balls which have to be used on your first shot for 7 holes and only those 7 holes count towards your final score.

We'll be putting it to the vote at the end of next week and plan on kicking off the tournament around the 15th of September. If you want in but don't know where to go to put your name into the list of entrants, send me a PM.

19. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    Were the Classic B holes available in Super Stickman Golf 1? I guess so but I was bad on SSG 1 and completed two or three courses only.

20. Armchair Allstar

Armchair Allstar Active Member

May 18, 2011
    Super Buggy

I play a ton of the turn based mode and it just got buggy as hell after the update. Here are some that opponents and I have been experiencing:

1. Replays freeze. Not the game just the replay so you have to use the skip button.

2. Shows the wrong replay. Sometimes it will show someone taking like 6 shots but when you see the final score it is a 2.

3. Adds in extra shots. So far I have only seen this in icy land but it has happened to an opponent and just happened to me for the first time. I hit water for the first two shots but the counter jumped to shot 6. The other two are annoyances but this is a game breaker.

Single player mode:

4. When you minimize the app to take a call or something and come back to it sometimes the level will be frozen requiring a force quit.