iPhone Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP for iPad [Releasing 24/march]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    The second message in this thread was on 8 Feb 2010:

"er.. is there an update or something? like did they say when or has there been any news?"

2. aurorajorealis

aurorajorealis Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Artist Liaison @Superbrothers
    Toronto
    Actually, that's the user join date. Post date was 08-02-2010.

3. aurorajorealis

Sep 23, 2010
    Toronto
    But maybe am I am just looking at the date backwards ?... looks like August to me...

4. aurorajorealis

Sep 23, 2010
    Toronto
    Considering that the first post contains footage from E3 2010 (June) it's more likely that that post was made in August.

5. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Hi Jori!

Any good news? Or are you still under the whole "vow of silence"? ;)

6. aurorajorealis

Sep 23, 2010
    Toronto
    My lips are sealed.

7. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Yes...you're right. My mistake.

We use dd/mm format for dates and I forgot it's actually mm/dd on here...

8. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    This game is just vaporware.

A tech demo to parade around, or a fun project that will never land on our idevices.

I'd love to be proven wrong, yet, I doubt we will see this title.

9. Fabyo

Fabyo Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011
    This is my type of game also! Can't wait!

10. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    i hope they are adding a ton of content because after waiting this long people are gonna be pissed if its a short game.

11. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    so ya....

12. casualty

casualty Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    now what does this mean?? the other S&S crew are retweeting it too.... damn waiting!

13. Capy_Nathan

Capy_Nathan Well-Known Member

It means the music for S&S is being mastered at a place in London, Ontario aptly named "The House of Miracles".

:)

14. aurorajorealis

Sep 23, 2010
    Toronto
    Way to spoil the mystery Nathan.

15. ErikTheRed

Nov 4, 2010
    Things are sounding really busy for the S:S&S EP crew. For some reason, I am suspecting some kind of announcement at GDC. Maybe it's just me. *crossing fingers* Good luck with the crunch time guys! :)

16. xxvi

xxvi Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    the announcement will go something like this " we are sorry for the delay, but due to the unforseen we are unable to continue with this project, look out for our new project comming soon, hahaha suckers":)

17. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    It probably be like, "Hello . . . *taps mic* um . . . HI, I know what you're all here for and I just wanted to say thanks for the support and keeping the dream alive. Oh also, FFFFFUUUUU!"

18. Solid Snake Man

Solid Snake Man Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    EMT/Instrumentalist
    Sacramento, CA
    I need to find some kind of carbon freezing chamber to put me out of my misery until this and CoH HD are released.

I'm starting to feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii in that South Park episode from a while back. If these were retail releases I would've started pacing back and forth in front of some random Gamestop going, "c'mon.... c'mon...! come out already....!", while checking my watch every five minutes.

19. casualty

casualty Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    which means final stages? that she really likes me? that the stage is set for world dominantion?????

20. ErikTheRed

Nov 4, 2010
    #80 ErikTheRed, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
    Essentially, it means the music is done, final, and ready to add to the game. A digital "master" copy of the music has been made. So... yes... S:S&S EP is set for world domination! ;)

It really sounds like things are picking up speed. When I hear the audio is being mastered, the battle system being tuned (today in fact - working on Saturday - also see: crunch time), and various "light at the end of the tunnel" comments from the crew... it HAS to be close now.

At the very least, we know S:S&S EP is being SHOWN at GDC. The big question is, will we get a solid release date? It could be that they are just cramming to demo a very complete (but not quite final) version of the game. But I'm really hoping for a solid announcement. Even if we DON'T get a release date, the way things are moving I simply cannot fathom this game NOT being released by the end of March. The only kink I can see is how long it might take Apple to approve the App.

Best case scenario I can figure: announce rough release date at GDC (say... March 1st) or at least state that it has been submitted to Apple, wait 1-2 weeks for Apple to approve it and you get mid March. Add Thursday (typical release for apps) and you get March 10th, 17th. Maybe as late as 24th or 31st.

Pure speculation... but... better to be optimistic, right? ;)

An additional thought...

We know that Eli is at least SOMEWHAT "in the know" on the status of the game, but has been asked to not disclose that info. We know that TouchArcade will be present at GDC. You can probably bet that S:S&S EP will be covered by the TouchArcade folks which would then, I'm guessing, be featured on the front page. What better way to announce something solid?