Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Silverdraken, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    I can has release?

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
  3. touchchamp

touchchamp Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    That was an assumption on it's release, not an actual release date realized by the developers.

Has anyone seen any new news around the net on this?

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hahaha, great, great post. Have a cheezzzzeburger.

5. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Everytime I see the title of this thread (or the iPad one) it gets my hopes up.... :(

6. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

#46 Crazy_Possum, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  7. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    Mama!!!

8. zlibd

zlibd Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New York
    Watched the video and I understand the battle system and movement controls and the art looks great but I'm still not sure the actual genre of the game lol :p What sort of objectives and gameplay will this have

9. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
  10. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    gees guys chill out it's not for at least another month until it's release

11. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    But we've been waiting for ever... and ever.... :( *sigh* :p

12. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    The game doesn't actually look that good...i think most people are excited because it made the front page like 3 times. but to be honest i didn't really see what was so amazing about. It looked like a guy walking in pixel art and you just traveled to where the directions told you. And the combat thing looked pretty retareded...but i mean i'm probably wrong, just saying

13. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    I think the game looks more like a peice of artistic programming to be honest. Honestly, I have no idea how the gameplay will be but I seriously want this because I feel it will be one for the collection. Although the hype from the front page you mention... I'm sure that makes me want it more. :rolleyes:

14. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Inspired by Another World, and always reminds me of Another World when I look at it or hear about it. I'd guess if you've played that game then you'll have a reasonable idea of what to expect with this one. I could do with another Another World, myself.

15. addiego

addiego Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Addiego's anticipation.

This game looks smashing. Amazing to say the least. Simply cant wait for release.

16. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    #56 JoshCM, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
    hmm really? it doesn't look anything like another world to me.
    its much more pixelated. and its not side scrolling. Maybe the mood/feeling of the game is what you mean. Another world was truly great at the time - I hope it is somewhat like that.

for anyone on a pc I just found a playable high res demo of Another world, for those who've never tried it:
    http://www.anotherworld.fr/anotherworld_uk/

In USA it was called out of this world (thought something was strange reading the title)

17. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    I think the reason people are exited is the atmosphere of the game, that's something that seems to be missing from most modern games, and it's why some of the old school gamers get all nostalgic when we fire up the emulators and play the classics.

Of course it's not enough to just build atmosphere it needs to play well too.

Toucharcade do tend to overhype games but I think in this case I agree with the hype.

Another world was a great game josh , so was Flashback.

18. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    Well I have not been gaming long enough to get nostalgic about the appearance of this game, but the reason why I am anticipating it is that it is one of the only things I have seen that puts the 'Art' in pixel-art.

19. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    +1 +1 +1 :D

BTW: if anyone else wants to experience Another World again,
    the faithfully re-touched 15th anniversary edition from the creator is officially available as download for a mere $10 from www.goodoldgames.com without ANY DRM.
    enjoy! :)

20. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i don't get why everyone says that this game is going to be artistic? What? First, how is the game artistic from a graphics point of view? Second, if your talking about gameplay, you haven't even played it yet so how would u know other than ta hyping how good it is. Third, i believe this is going to be a dissapointment if it is a level based game.