Universal Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Capy_Nathan, Mar 23, 2011.

1. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    ^ great news!!!

2. Furyia

Furyia New Member

Playing this game has given me such a craving for more innovative and beautiful iPad games. It's made me realise how few there actually are for the iPad.

If I had the time to design a game as gorgeous as this one then I definitely would.

3. flameboyNE

flameboyNE Member

Feb 23, 2011
    when the hell is this coming to iphone/ipod touch? so many podcasts talking about it and I want it NOW! Why the delay?

4. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    This month.
    Early or late? I don't know.

5. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I saw Capy Nathan recently mention (elsewhere) about three weeks from now for the iPhone debut.

6. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    I just experienced the 2nd Session last night.

It was great! Though, I spent most of the time just touching at stuff hoping to hit the correct ones! All in all, a great 2nd session!

7. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Commented earlier, but just wanted to say that this game is great. Truly an experience.

...with that said, only wish that they release an LP soon.

8. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Just curious...is there a way to start particular sessions over, rather than start the game from the beginning? Thanks!

9. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Just to make a note, this is THE most viewed iPad thead in all of TA :)

10k views more than the next as of today.

showing the love!!

10. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    hey guys I guess the iphone version comes out april 6th. this was on there website

* * * * * GET THIS THING ON TUESDAY, APRIL 5TH 2011 at 12:01am EST.

11. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    That's the Sword & Sworcery LP. They're estimating another 2 or 3 weeks for the iPhone version.

12. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    #292 ikemike, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    Sweet! I can't wait for the soundtrack. It'll be so epic... xDDDD

UPDATE: Aaaaaaaaaaaand it's out.

13. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Unknowable Geometry sounds like something from the first Mass Effect game. Can't wait till this comes out for iPhone.

14. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Quote from Craig (Superbrothers) on Twitter yesterday, regarding the iPhone version...

"We're submitting this week, then it's reviewed & (hopefully) approved. So in two weeks or so."

15. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    The Soundtrack is GREAT! Get it if you like the in-game music...

16. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I'd love for it to be universal, but I totally understand (in THIS case, because I am blinded by awesome love for the devsstudiogsmeawesomensses) needing both.

As for the soundtrack, hell, I think it ranks just as high as the game on the importance scale.

Like most people who play through the game and have serious love for it, there's something incredibly moving about the music. Yes, a lot of games have music, but here it's as though you're playing within the music, with the music and that each and every step you take, every action you take - it's musical. It is a song. And that song is the game.

So that said, you purchasing the music is like purchasing an extension of the game.

Because I'll be damned if you don't listen to the music and feel like you're playing those sections in the game.

And as much of a nerd as I am, NO other games, Mass Effect included, have made me go "Ooh, I need the soundtrack". I APPRECIATE the music, but none have caused that demand in my head of "I need to hear it again, and again!"

17. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I've just started my 4th playthrough of this, only this time I'm doing it properly, no moon grotto, no cheating the calendar, waiting the entire month till the bright moon appears again, im just curious if anythings slightly different doing it this way? Only time will tell, but I'll be sure to let you all know in the spoilers thread.

18. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I couldn't resist, I lurked a little in the app folder... I saw that some graphics were not used, an alpine level who seem incomplete, some kind of introduction about the main story, explaining the crowning of the scythian, the disapperance of a queen, a somehow empty castle etc, and also many other fiends with animation and all... so I ask this, is there going to be some update with all that unused stuff or are these relics of the developement wich will remain untouched in the game folder ? other episodes ?

19. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Sounds like S:S&S EP may become a universal app after all. Latest info from Superbrothers site...

Note: Initially we had announced that the iPad edition would be separate from the iPhone & iPod Touch edition, so owners of the smaller touchtronic machines would be required to re-purchase S:S&S EP for a nominal fee. While we are not in a position to announce anything at this moment, we would like you to know that we have shifted this scheme to something a heckuva lot more convenient for everyone.