Universal Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Capy_Nathan, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Awesome find! I wasn't even gonna check till after midnight what with the late New Zealand release!

Maybe I'll get an hour in on this now before bedtime! :)

2. iGotIt

iGotIt Well-Known Member

So awesome seeing all of this excitement!!

Good luck fellas, and congrats on nailing it. :)

3. gatizo

gatizo Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    After a year of waiting I had to stay up for the launch and sneak in a few minutes before bed. Boy, what a twenty minutes or so. Wonderful, just wonderful.

I'm going to really enjoy getting to grips with this.

4. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    #64 MarkHerm, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
    Some spoiler free first impressions

Ok, I just completed the first session and all I can say that I truly love the visuals and especially the soundtrack. Use headphones and don't let anything distracts you... This is not meant to be played on the go, IMO ;) then, you totally immerse in the universe of S&S and I love it!!

I think this might not be for everyone (it's probably not for those who want maximum hours of gameplay per dollar or those who are looking for a fast pace, 3D action game) but for me this is a great experience. I had some hesitations that the game may not live up to the hype but for me it is. I won't tell anything about game mechanics or alike because I believe this is part of the game :)

So far, highly recommended!! ... And I will get the soundtrack for sure when it is available on iTunes ;)

5. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I'm really confused. I just heard about this game the other day and I dont know why there is so much hype surrounding it. Why should I buy this game?

6. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Maybe you shouldn't.

7. Spocket

Dec 26, 2009
    Well that's what I'm thinking right now. I would like to know why everyone else is so excited to buy however.

8. aurorajorealis

aurorajorealis Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Artist Liaison @Superbrothers
    Toronto
    If you are playing on the go - make sure you have really great headphones!

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    If you like adventure games, it's supposed to be a good cinematic adventure with a lot of emphasis on sound/soundtrack. So if that doesn't interest you, you probably won't enjoy it.

10. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    Maybe you can try to read the glowing front page review of the game here at TA? :rolleyes: and if you are still not interested at all than this might not be for you... Can't make everybody happy, right!? ;)

11. Spocket

Dec 26, 2009
    I read some of it, didn't want to read the spoilers though incase I buy. However, what I did read didn't make me want to buy this game. Maybe it isn't for me, I'm just trying to understand the appeal.

12. riChchestMat

riChchestMat Well-Known Member

Anyone work out what the save system is? Do you have to restart from zero if you die? I've been prodding this for 15 minutes and am not sure but I don't like the walking through empty screens that have nothing significant to interact with. If I'm already nonplussed by those parts then I can't imagine having to cope with redoing those bits again and again.

13. aurorajorealis

Sep 23, 2010
    Toronto
    It saves as you enter each room.

14. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I've just finished the first session and can honestly say it's amazing! If it weren't for work tomorrow I would still be playing it now :(

15. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Out in Aus. Awesome

Finished the intro level. Had a bit of a glitch or two. Died on me once. Had to reboot my system. Also had ghost trails on my character for awhile. Now that's ok. Got to the pond where there is a glowing light near the iron gate can't seem to summon a sprite on that screen. I would have thought the glowing bubbly circle was the clue. Shame there are so many spoilers around. Have managed to avoid them so far. It's amazing how the 80s pixely graphics work so well. Can't imagine it working any other way. I have completed 20% already. Hope that isn't an indication of the length of the game as I'm only just on level II.

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Don't buy it.

17. aurorajorealis

Sep 23, 2010
    Toronto
    The ghost trails happen when your health is low.

18. kenkin34

kenkin34 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    When will it be available in Hong Kong Store?
    Tapper World Tour is still not on sale in HK Store so far...the only way that let me play this App is to JB my device, really ironic...

19. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Hahaha!

20. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Well, the title of the game is EP. Relating to music...that's a 5-7 track album.