Universal Supermagical (by Gala Pocket)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheFrost, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    These folks do amazing worK, and after having gotten Pro Zombie Soccer free, I'm happy to donate a dollar to the cause for Supermagical.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The answer to my query was yes, in case anyone else is interested.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Pro Zombie Soccer was great. About time this was out worldwide. First purchase of the day!

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Too early to comment on the game play, but the graphics are lovely and the game appears to be quite polished.

5. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Thanks for the heads up on the file size. I'm going to imagine it is mostly due to the iPad 3 assets. I have a few apps still on my download list because I don't necessarily need these assets taking up space on my phone. One example being Rune Raiders - which jumped to 45.4 MB from 20.5 MB.

This won't affect me too since I have a little more than a GB available on my device - so expect my purchase!

Devteam, out of curiosity may I ask how large the game is once it is unpacked on the device as I see on iTunes the file size is 411MB.

6. Caminagetcha

Caminagetcha Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Ia it just for me or the text in the game is all screwed up and i cant find the options too see if changing the language works.... :(

7. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    wow this game is awesome, nice work guys...its match 3 rpg , very fun, very polished....expected nothing less, looks great on the ipad 3 retina. and 99 cents BUY IT!

8. Kikekun

Kikekun Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Sorry, I'm just the Artist and I do not know how much the game weights decompressed. I'll try to get the numbers anyway.

Is anyone experiencing the text issues mentioned? Can I ask what language do you use on your device?
    Damn...we have tested the game to death...

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Just snagged it... Waiting for the faith large file to DL...

Can't wait to play this!

10. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    its so sweet bro! that toy box game has me intrigued TOO LOL

11. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Yeah...those iPad Retina assets. Let me tell you, they weight A LOT! :D
    The game's huge anyways...Expect to be pretty entertained for a while with SM.

12. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    We are very sorry, but we had to remove Supermagical from the App Stores on Italy, Russia, Brazil and Portugal until we solve a laguage bug.
    The update solving this problem will be submitted tomorrow. We apologize about this and we hope you can play Supermagical very soon.

If you have the game already and you are from any of those countries, you can set your device into any of the other supported languages (English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean) and the text will be fine.

We are VERY sorry about this and we'll submit an update in a few hours to solve this problem. On the meanwhile, we removed the game from those stores only until this bug is solved.

13. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    The update fixing the problem with Supermagical on devices with Russian, Portuguese and Italian languages has been submitted to Apple already.

If you have your device on those languages and want to play the game, you need to set it up in English (or any of the other languages included) and the game will play normally.

We are sorry we cannot offer yet the game translated into Russian, Italian or Portuguese, but we are on it and they will be available on future updates.

Thank you very much and we apologize again about this matter.

Now enjoy the game!:)

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOOHOO!!! I'm totally diggin this one. The graphics, sounds, controls, gameplay... even the map screen... it's all so polished, and incredibly fun. I wound up staying up half the night playing...

Just had one little question. Has anyone with a 4th gen touch put this on their device? I want to, but I'm not sure how it'll run, and I don't really have the space to check it out ATM... but I'll definitely make the space if it runs smoothly on the device.

Thanks for any help, and thanks for the great game! Can't wait until MP is added! =oD

15. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Yah, that's exactly why I prefer a game NOT be universal. I understand why you do and commend you on not making others pay twice for the same game, but for me it's a bummer. I really want to to get this game, and probably will eventually, but the size is really the only thing holding me back at this point...

Congratulations on a successful release and all the praise!

16. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    The iPod Touch 4th Gen horsepower is similar to the iPhone 4, so it should run smoothly on your device, no problem at all.

Glad you are enjoying the game!:)

17. podzilla

podzilla Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I have it running on a 4th gen touch and it runs smooth as butter. Lots of apps these days are really crashy on my device, but I've barely had a stutter with SM. Thanks to the devs for actually taking the time to properly QA test this.

Also, I you haven't yet, give them a good review on the store. This app definitely deserves it.

18. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Awesome, thanks for the info. =oD

19. ChronoCat

ChronoCat Active Member

Mar 22, 2010
    #99 ChronoCat, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    Great game so far, loving the polish!

Some very minor spoilers ahead regarding "boss fights", so don't read if you don't want to get spoiled:

I'll add more impressions once I've played through more of the game, but my main issue with the game right now are the "boss fights", if you'd even call them that. I was super excited when I first met Laziness (the first boss/sister you meet in the game), and was expecting some sort of unique challenge but instead I was greeted with a simple set of multiple choice questions that "punish" you with an extremely easy puzzle if you fail to answer them correctly.

The mechanics of the sister-encounters feel really out of place to me. Supermagical has such solid gameplay mechanics, but none of that is used and all you have to do is answer questions. When you meet a sister (which should be considered a significant event in the game, since that's your whole goal and you unlock new friends by "defeating" your sisters), I was expecting a battle against the minix, but with an added twist from the sisters' powers. For example, Greed could make you lose coins every time you hit a special "greed minix" in a battle against her, and the other sisters would have their own special minix that serve as an added challenge depending on their respective abilities. This is just my 2 cents and you guys might have your own reasons for making the sister encounters the way the are.

Supermagical is still an extremely polished and well-executed game and I would recommend it to anyone out there who enjoys good games. With the upcoming co-op and VS modes, this game can only get better. Right now, it really feels like this game isn't getting the attention it deserves... So hopefully more people try it!

20. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange Active Member

Sep 22, 2010
    question for the developer

Are there plans for any game center leader boards with survival mode or something similar?