Surreal System Unreal Engine Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Surrealness, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:omg, omg, omg!! shut up and take my money!!!

2. Lerisbo1192

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:omg, omg, omg!! shut up and take my money!!!

3. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Literally 12 seconds in the video and I'm yelling "HOLY CRAP!" This looks damn good!

Looking forward to this for sure!

4. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    This may have already been asked - but are you planning on using stealth/hacking systems in your game?

5. Surrealness

Surrealness Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Not hacking but rather a possession of machines. And to some extent there will be a simple stealth system but nothing in complexity as to say Dishonored etc.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments! It makes me really happy to hear you are excited and I hope to deliver a game worthy of your expectations!

6. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Thank you so much! The team and I are ecstatic that you feel this way about the game and we hope we can live up to those expectations. As for puzzles and mystery, the game will contain a little of both, but it is not at the forefront of the gameplay.

Surreal System is more about exploration and discovering secrets about the world through the environment!

7. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    I only ask of one favor from this development team, please, price this game accordingly. This looks like it could hold a value at around $20 on the AppStore, depending on the length of the campaign. Also please exclude iAP, it just takes a games value and drops it into the sh*ter. Thanks.

8. Lerisbo1192

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    Seriouly guys you really need to stop saying to devs wether they should put iap or not! Seriously don't forget the gaming industry is a business and most of the ios games now have their incomes powered by iaps! And for being such an amzing game surreal sustem deverves the best success in terms of money!! Also in terms of iap the only thing a hate is the freemium system wait or pay!! Its just frustrating! But i don't how its could be added to a story based game like this so i m pretty confidend about this one! My advices would be adding iap for in game money. I dont mind replaying several levels just to earn money it just make the campaign longer!!

9. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Well said!

The game will be a single purchase model, no IAP. We want to bring forward a full story and not have the immersion broken by in game notices and purchases! Hopefully this clears things up, however the price has not been set yet. We will be releasing the PC version first then optimize appropriately for ios devices! So far it is running pretty well on ipad but there are some graphical hitchs on iphone that need be resolved.

We might have a seperate version for iphone with slightly reduced graphics and an ipad one with almost full graphics implemented. The game will be the same as the pc version, just reduced in terms of poly counts, etc. to speed up gameplay and avoid the crash and framerate problems that could occur.

10. Wikilix

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Thanks you!!! Sorry just when I pay for a full game I don't expect there to be let's say"power ups" only hours of grinding will unlock like how there is in games such as Infinity Blade

11. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    It ruins immersion so we'll stay away from iap:)

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Let me be clear: IAP for new content like story expansions and such is fine. IAP for, say, "gems" as an alternate currency that all the good stuff costs is a no-no for a lot of people, myself included.

I'd love to see more gameplay soon :)

13. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Exactly!:) if we have dlc or expansions etc. then we will make it easily accesible but the gems and things like that just dont fit into our game structure as a story based shooter.

We will be releasing some new gameplay tonight(;

14. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Eyy how much will this AMAZING GAME COST?

15. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Don't know quite yet, we will decide on a price closer to release:)

16. Wikilix

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    So, any idea on enemies? All I've seen is an auto-turrent. I ask because I believe one thing that set bioshock was the enemies and how they act. The symbiotic Big Daddy little sister relationship. The parasitic Splicers, and those terribly creepy spider splicers. Hahah.

Anyway, will this game have enemy variation like this? If so, can we hear some details on them? Thanks.

17. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Yes the game will have enemy variations. We are not quite ready to show it off yet as we have just acquired a full gameplay programmer and are fleshing out the AI.

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'd just like to stress that having smart and dynamic AI is really important to a shooter. Oh and level design.

Look forward to that video.

19. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
  20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA