GameClub Sway (by Illusion Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Justinm59

Justinm59 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I agree new levels should be a priority but I just wanted to throw a fun idea out

Races - race against other characters, or maybe even wifi multiplayer races.

2. TimothyR

TimothyR Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I like it.
    However I got so frustrated trying to get those hard-to-reach keys. :p
    SOO frustrated, I kept coming back to it though, you hooked me in...

Only other suggestions:

-Customizable Character(after you collect all the other ones?)
    -More Music(the looping music is kind of annoying)

3. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    I think differents records for every character would add replay, similar to some sonic games. At the first time playing I thought it was like that, but new levels are very appreciated too, thanks, and maybe a final boss or 2 with original ways to fight like mario games. Maybe I wish too much, but the game is awesome the way it is now

PD. Please add option to ipod music/fx sound if possible

4. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    There is already support for that, just start the music before you start Sway.

Cheers!

5. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Or a ghost character for the best time in that level

6. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I've finally finished all the levels (some lollipops and silvers) and I agree that the number of levels just seem too little. It starts off easy and builds towards levels that have moving platforms and spikes, but thats it.

I can always replay all the levels and strive to get golds for them, but I see more potential for this game, beyond just moving platforms and spikes. What about platforms that you can't reach unless you jump to them? Or a level that is completely vertical (climb all the way up)?

How about make a community level-editor and people can justs make crazy levels for everyone?

7. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    yeah, great idea! Wouldnt be that hard to have a level editor like BoD 2

8. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    I think we have underestimated how good you players were, we didn't think you would complete the game that easily. But like I said, we will release new levels in an upcoming update.

And thanks for all your suggestions and comments. I read all of them and take them into account.

9. jupiter21

jupiter21 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    i spent 30 minutes trying to beat 1 level and i couldn't do it!

im trying to take another path in the hope that ill unlock a better character to help.

some suggestions, mostly by people already:

-better music
    -minigames (how far you can throw your character, races)
    -customize your character, or maybe just unlock different outfits and things
    -trophies would add alot of replay
    -make levels on the game
    -more characters

10. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    #230 don_k, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
    Look at my ninja sleeping on Sway Industries sign :D

[​IMG]

11. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Thanks Anders :-D

And its not that the levels are too easy. I think it has more to do with emergent (gameplay) behavior.

The basics movements for sway is pretty simple but I think most people develop their own way of "swaying" midway through the levels: (1) spin around to high speed, let go and hold on to the first thing you touch, (2) sway but release for a split second before you grab hold with the other hand; this makes you (smoothly) travel further, (3) do a semi/full circle spin, let go and grab; this makes you travel even further. I'm sure there are more.

The point is, with just basics moves, the levels are definitely challenging, but since the game is so emmersive, you get good pretty quickly and at the end of the game, you expect a really hard level to beat. Personally, I enjoy a hard level more than trying to beat the time for that level.

Sway really reminds me of the ninja rope in Worms. Once you're comfortable with the basics, you can swing like tarzan/ninja from one end of the map to the other in seconds.

12. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Hi Anders,

1. What about Time Trial mode? I thought I would never come back to this game after collecting so many golds, but I was wrong. Part of me wants to justify the $6 price tag so it must last longer than 4 hours.

Then I realised that throwing the characters around is so much more enjoyable than swinging and swaying. What I do for a quick pickup-and-play now is to finish a level as quick as possible without caring about the stars at all. Bad thing is, I must memorise my fastest time manually.

I imagine a sort of time trial mode wouldn't take too long? You can simply use existing levels, remove all the stars and that's it?

In the distant future, it can also be some sort of race mode as someone mentions above.

2. I love the customizable character idea. It's cool if we can have one 'blank canvas' character, and along the way, we can collect buttons, pins, hairs, etc to design our own character.. and name him.

I don't know how hard it would be from technical point of view, but I believe such feature would be AWESOME. Imagine multiplayer race with your own character!!

Anders, please make it happen! >_<

13. jupiter21

jupiter21 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I have an idea for customisable characters.

How about the stars you collect are used for adding stars to your character - adding speed, longer arms, etc.

Clothes and skin colours/features could be unlocked for achievements and completing levels.

14. Xgamer1224

Xgamer1224 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    is there any news n the release of the update?

15. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Nope, sorry, I better not promise a date. I'll let you know when we are to submit it to Apple though.

Cheers!

16. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    just dun take as long as fieldrunners...they took a few months to add a few towers, few fieldrunners and a new map

17. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Promise!

18. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Time trial with online leaderboards would be so great !!!
    ...and maybe with an included downloadable ghost/replay functionality to show off some stylish runthroughs...

19. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Maybe customizable arm color?

20. kiwi91

kiwi91 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    U.S.
    I have two more levels to go and I'm done.
    Not all gold though...a few gold, silver, bronze, and lollies.

i do love the character variety! Right now i like the ninja.

I can't wait for the level updates...but can you not make them all really hard? Like, some easy and fun ones, and some hard ones?
    i kind of like the easier ones where you can just swing through and enjoy them haha.