GameClub Sway (by Illusion Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Feb 25, 2009.

1. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Yes I did finally beat the game last night. So far I've noticed these differences between characters:

Lizzie- the mario of the bunch. Very average.
    Monkey- REALLY long arms but slow and "weak"
    Ninja- REALLY fast with short arms
    Box Boy- "STRENGTH" as in he is easier to spin and can lift himself the highest without any "sway".
    Wiz- one super long arm and one very little arm.

Not sure about the Robot and Stitchs' they seem to have negligible differences.

2. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Yeah I noticed this too. I used to like Monkey because of his long arms, but now I really prefer using the Ninja.

3. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Ninja seems to be the best, but I also like to use box boy and wiz. Acutally wiz helped me get one of my last characters:) Will it Blend????:D

4. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    That is the question.

Anyways, I like Ninja. Only Ninja. NINJA FTW!!! :)

5. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    i have this weird glitch.............sometimes when i press on the right side that makes the left side hold on but the right side doesnt make the red arm swing.....i have to use the left side to make the red arm swing swing

did that make sense?

what does box man and stiches do different?

6. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Actually I used the first character all the way for all levels and to get all the other characters... But im replaying Sway now, so I'm trying out the other characters now to see if any of them can help me get those shiny gold medals >.<

7. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    So sometimes you hit [green screen side] and [red hand] hangs on? That's weird...sometimes it happens to me too.

8. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    yea, and then when i want to swing the red arm i have to press the red side and the green side, if i let go of green he falls and if i let go of red he wont swing

9. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Box boy is STRONG he can lift himself higher without any inertia. He is easier to spin....I have no idea what the robot and stitchs do yet.

10. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Ninja and Wiz can throw themselves far, so they're my favorites!

11. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    #251 le'deuche123, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
    I just got a silver medal on the last "wooden" level using the ninja and ONLY ONE HAND (er flipper thing).

I thought it would be impossible but it's not...at least not on that level.

EDIT: I have now beaten six levels using the one handed method, I only use the green hand NEVER the red. This given me another challenge. And in the process I seem to be getting silver medals on everything. They should add a one handed mode for badasses like me:D

12. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    so what's nice about this game is that there is a definite ramp up in skill as you play.

I went back and took the time to get at least bronze metals in every level. And I feel like for many of the early levels I didn't even really know how to play the game. :) So, I'm much better now than I was when I started or even filmed the earlier video.

I've uploaded the same level as the other one, but me going for gold. I finish the level well below the gold time limit.

arn

13. rojaz

rojaz Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Network\Server Technician
    Leeds, UK
    #253 rojaz, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
    wow arn you got good!

you were flinging that guy around like he was spiderman!

@anders
    in the update, will you be fixing that the level shows your first attempt score and not anything you beat it with. even if you get a medal.
    e..g heavy metal level 3, i got 24* and 01:15 time which would put me in at a bronze the first time i played. I now have a silver so at somepoint i shaved at least 5 seconds off that time?!?

14. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    Thanks for letting us know, we'll look into it.

15. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

That's quite funny, might give that a go.

@Arn, I think that you've got the technique nailed. The trick is to master the art of throwing your character and using their momentum to your advantage in order to get the quickest times!

16. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    I think Arn has a soft spot for this game. And why not I really love sway. I love just swaying around and playing with all the character's. This and Zen bound are the first Games that feel truely at home on the touch. I can't recommend sway enough, it is the most fun I've had with my Touch.

17. jupiter21

jupiter21 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    damn. the ninja is so much fun. just spinning him really fast, then seeing how far you can get him.

18. rojaz

rojaz Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Leeds, UK
    #258 rojaz, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
    thanks anders, it seems to be ok on most levels, but:
    heavy metal 1 2 and 3
    grassy green level 3 and 4

seem to be the ones with the problem.... might be just mine??
    can take screen shots if need be

19. KingOfCarrotFlowers

KingOfCarrotFlowers New Member

Mar 1, 2009
    where is the key in "grass level 3"

I cant find the all the keys in the level 3 of the "grassland"... Can anybody told me where are them?

20. rojaz

rojaz Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Leeds, UK
    I think they were all pretty obvious on this level, not hidden behind obstacles that move but were on routes that split from each other.

I think there is one towards the end where the main route goes right and the key is up a route going upwards on some broken blocks.

Not sure if this makes sense.

Best thing to do is go slow through the level, and just investigate every possible route as you go