Sword of Fargoal 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fargoal, Aug 31, 2012.

1. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Also i would be a lot less pissed if i got real answers like, when is it coming out, instead of this "i dont want to dissapoint people by missing another deadline"

BZZZ wrong answer, you have long since passed reason, i want a reasonable date.. 2 months? 5? i see no evidence this game is being worked on at all.

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Sigh, this is what I hate about kickstarter.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #223 psj3809, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    Why don't you put these moans in the comments section of this kickstarter project then ? Whinging here wont do much. Email the dev etc. some kickstarters can sadly be very late. Looking at the comments section most people seem 'okay' at the moment

But developing a game can be a nightmare. Look how long forgotten memories took and people comiing out with the 'it's vapourware' posts etc. i backed a kickstarter which took a long time, recently asked for my money back and got it. Do the same

With some kickstarter projects it opens your eyes to how an actual project is created from start to finish, i think some people are surprised how long it takes. And just with many other projects in the world there can be delays. This isnt the first project or first kickstarter project to be overdue. Either be patient or get your money back. Again contact the dev, posting a massive long post here wont do anything, contact the dev

4. starcat

Feb 7, 2010

because im not a backer..so i cant post.. if you read what i typed you would know that.

5. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    and "the dev" posts here...thanks.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #226 psj3809, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    If you didnt post war and peace i probably would read it all.

Exactly you're not a backer, so i dont think you can moan too much if the kickstarter is late. Again looking at the comments it 'seems' the backers are okay (for now). I've seen other kickstarter projects where the backers revolt and moan about how long its been.

Yeah the dev posts here, he seems to post more regularly on the kickstarter thread and like i say just contact them direct.

I'm sure theres other kickstarter projects which are late but i'm not worried about those (just like i'm not this one) as i'm not a backer. Either way move on and stop bumping this thread every month or so with 'vapourware/fraud' etc

sebgo likes this.
  7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #227 psj3809, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  8. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Ouch.

9. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Judo chop!

10. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am a backer. I am not OK with the non-results, but I still have hopes it will get released. I took this as a lesson learned and am much more careful about crowd funding now.

sebgo likes this.
  11. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    uh i didn't raise 50K on kickstarter, and promise to have it out in a reasonable time that's what happened to it.

there is nothing to download because it is a Physical card game. i changed it because it became impossible for my then 2 man team to do what we wanted to do.

I now have www.starcatgames.com to make whatever i want.. and we are. I focus on helping other people make their games and making the connections i need to do what i want to do.

Legacy has been done for years but i didnt have the resources to make it successful on kickstarter, so i am building Smaller games to build up my backing audience, that's what happened to it.

here is one of the games that will be on kickstarter Shortly.

and i can still make that other game with my current team.

those people donated money to get the game made, its made. my goal now is getting it into distribution, there are even expansions. and none of this is the point because i did not raise 50k on Kickstarter then disappear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I'm guessing there is still nothing on this?

13. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Last Kickstarter update was May 25th.

14. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    The hardware tech has gone well beyond 3rd gen... I hope they are updating this to take advantage of the the newer hardware.

15. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Three years since kickstarter project was funded. Five years since it was meant to be out as an update to SoF 1. Projects like 80 Days, Aliens vs Humans, and Papers Please were all put together and launched in a quarter of the time. Think about that.

16. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    *crickets*

...And this is why we should all think three times before backing a Kickstarter...

Sad.

17. JindoFox

Dec 21, 2008
    Well sure, it's easy to say that now! When the Fargoal 2 campaign launched three years ago, we didn't know any better. Now it's just yet another late Kickstarter. It's only 2 years late. It could be worse, you could have been like me and given a similar amount to the Wal-Dok project. Sigh. Oh well, it's only money. I would have spent it on beer, candy, or magic beans anyway.

I am at the "adventurer" backer level and received a copy of the beta software. It looks and plays pretty sweet, if a bit ... familiar to fans of the original. I suspect it's very close to launch for computers, which means the mobile version shouldn't be too far behind.

A new update was posted.:D

18. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    ahaha, still believe in it?

19. JindoFox

Dec 21, 2008
    I totally believe in the PC/Mac/Linux version, because I've seen it and it works for me. I didn't have the bug that some other people were complaining about.

I'll believe in the mobile version when I get it.

Yeah, it's late, but it does sound like life got in the way for these folks. I'm not too pressed about it, it's just a game, and I wouldn't have given them money if I wasn't able to.

20. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Thanks for the update.

Completely true. It's just a game.