Sword of Fargoal 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fargoal, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Mrs.Madgarden

Mrs.Madgarden Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    SAHM and admin. work for Madgarden
    Kitchener, Ontario
    yeah, there'll be an android port eventually I suspect. ;)

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I can't believe that just happened. Are a lot of the art assets for SoF2 already done? Thinking about iPad retina here...

3. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Awesome news on the kick starter Madgarden. Will Fargoal 2 be released before Thanksgiving? (October is out of the question, I know). Just curious as to when I can throw more $ @ you.

4. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    The delivery estimates for many of the Kickstarter items are in May of next year... so I would guess Spring of 2013 at the earliest.

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    According to the successful funding Kickstarter email I got, delivery is estimated for May 2013, so go perfect your Fargoal 1 gameplay.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Very excited for SoF2... but wish we'd gotten the plushies. Well, at least now I get a t-shirt and beta access to the Mac/PC version. :) Speaking of which, any word on when the beta will start?

7. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    UI options... CHECK! Will be looking into this more for Fargoal 2... I've got a workable UI layout, but I have no aversion to refining the hell out of things until it's really good.

A lot of art is "done," but I may be going over stuff again and hand-tuning things for a higher res. I doubt we'll be able to go super retina high-res, so it's still going to have a retro-ish vibe. But nothing's set in stone. Almost would be better off doing games in vectors at this point with the crazy resolutions. At least Saucelifter scales nicely. ;)

Hey, throw money at me any time! ;) Well yeah next Spring, but we've also got some plans to try to raise more funds to actually keep aiming for those stretch goals we missed in the Kickstarter... so keep an eye on Fargoal.com for that. Next stretch goal was PLUSHIES, would be so cool if we can some of those, heh.

I'm still pretty busy with wrapping up PUNCH QUEST, so will likely be back into more Fargoal 2 work in November. Jeff will have to set up all of the forum stuff for beta access and that as well. But, once that's ready, and I feel that most of the features are BETA-quality then we'll be good to go.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Thanks for looking into it :) Even if you could just get the menus and UI high res I'll be grateful for the effort :D

9. fargoal

fargoal Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    We may have a way (that we are working on) for a small, side campaign for a Plushie vote/fundraising battle extraordinaire on our website! Stay tuned...

— Jeff

10. overzero3

overzero3 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Ok, so Punch Quest is out, now give us something new! Screenshot, detailed features, video, playable demo, a potato (!?)... o.o

11. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
  12. overzero3

May 18, 2011
    And here i was thinking it would take a couple of days before we got an answer...glad to be wrong and thanks for the screenshots!
    Alright, judging by these shots we got a new burden system? I figure the Load in the hud means how much weight you can carry! And i can see that there is a lot more loot to grab this time!
    Nice too see so many characters skins too! There is even a hulk kind of guy! o.o
    Is this the effect of some kind of spell?
    There are also a lot more combat options by the look of it! Shot arrow, throw dark, throw knife...very very nice!

13. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Yes, carrying too much stuff can burden you. Still balancing that, don't want it to be too annoying, while being reasonable.

TONS more loot.

Yes, different character classes, and I may even be able to squeeze in further cosmetic customization, aside from what already exists with wearing/wielding different armour, helmets, amulets, weapons etc.

Yeah the hulkish guy... you'll find out. Maybe. ;)

14. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Aheemmmmm..... beards.

15. overzero3

May 18, 2011
    So...long time since last update!
    Any news?

16. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Happy New Year! Playing catch-up in this post-holiday week. More to come on the Fargoal 2 Kickstarter front, including a fun update announcement tomorrow and likely another on the weekend. I forget, are you also following our progress there? http://far.gl/sof-ks

— Jeff

17. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Sorry to bump, but:

How's tricks?

18. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Workin' on art, Kickstarter reward posters, T-shirts, etc. Also working on the first early Beta to release to backers who supported at that level.

Here is a way to buy the T-shirts if you didn't see our Kickstarter campaign!

CHOOSE BETWEEN TWO DESIGNS HERE

You can also make a PayPal donation to us there if you are so inclined. Every little bit helps!!

Cheers,

Jeff McCord

19. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Cool, there's going to be a Fargoal 2? Looking forward to it! In the meantime I think I'll reanimate ol Fargoal 1...

20. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    How's kickstarter work, are you supposed to get much MORE money then your intended goal to begin production?