GameClub Sword of Fargoal (by Fargoal, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CommanderData, Dec 1, 2009.

1. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    my gosh, everything is so amazing. and that board game.. :-O~~

2. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    how are the controls in this?

3. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    They are similar to the Fargoal 1 controls, but I am revamping them to be even better, and will add other options that people like as well (as long as they fit with the overall UI).

4. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    woops sorry I haven't played Fargol 1 either. Is it a virtual d-pad? only reason I'm asking is because it looks like a game I'd want to really get into so I wouldn't want the controls to get in the way.

5. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    99c_gamer, the controls are basically floating 8-way d-pad, with time control based on swipe distance, and contextual button in the top right corner.

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Pfft you should buy the first game, its a fantastic dungeon crawler for iOS

7. overzero3

overzero3 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    I know i've beeing quite annoying about the controls, but here is another suggestion: I have the first Fargoal installed on both my iPod Touch and my iPad and i always felt that the contextual button would be better placed in the bottom right corner.
    In the iPod, it doesnt bother at all, but the way i hold the ipad having to reach for the button isnt quite confortable! Besides, most games on the iOS have butons on the bottom of the screen, so it would feel more natural!
    Dont know how it would mess with the UI so far, but...is just a suggestion! =]

8. defcubusal

defcubusal Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Hey this game looks pretty cool, was just wondering if there was any difference between SoF and SoF Legends (other than the latter being universal). Could anyone shed some light on this for me? I'd greatly appreciate this

9. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Legends has crystal achievements, is universal, and published by chillingo. Universal is really the only thing that makes it slightly worth while.

Sword of Fargoal scales really well and the ability to zoom in and out on the dungeon means you can pull the view out to see more while keeping things sharp. So universal doesn't mean a whole lot. Also, the developers get all the money on this one rather than a portion in the chillingo version, if you're looking to support the devs.

I'd personally go with the Sword of Fargoal and play that until the sequel is released next year.

10. fargoal

fargoal Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Thanks VeganTnT,

You are right. If its on an iPhone or iPod Touch certainly Sword of Fargoal is not a bad choice and is a dollar cheaper. If you also own an iPad then certainly also nothing wrong with Sword of Fargoal Legends as a choice too. Sword of Fargoal 2 will be a new game, because we want the (1) versions to also live on because of the cool animations (cut scenes) and other nostalgic simplicity it can bring.

Not that Sword of Fargoal 2 will be overly complex, but it is packed full of lots more items, armor, weapons, and another goodies. Plus, the cut scenes will be replaced by the cool "Action Cards" feature we are working on!

Cheers!

Jeff

11. defcubusal

defcubusal Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Thanks guys, I'll play the non-legends version then. Should be fun!:)

12. genesis_pig

genesis_pig Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Can anyone tell me what the blinking stuff on the map is.. I see some strange geometries blinking on my map. I try looking for secret tunnels or doorways in that area, but had no luck so far.

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    The only blinking pixel should be your position on the map. Everything else should be color coded

14. genesis_pig

Oct 25, 2012
    Nope it's not the position. It's just some random area on the map. Usually there is a ellipse or other shapes that are blinking and are grayish in color.

Also somehow my progress is never saved & always ends up getting deleted.

15. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    That's bizarre, can you post a screenshot? Might want to try a delete and re-install. :/ This game hasn't been updated in a long while.

16. genesis_pig

Oct 25, 2012
    I feel foolish now.. Just realized that they were the numbers "1" & "0" blinking on the map.
    Just that I noticed them blinking on the map, made it appear strange, even the "1" appeared strange like a nightstick.

Besides that, what do those numbers mean?

17. overzero3

overzero3 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    I believe you are talking about the gold indicator, no?
    On iPhones and iPods the number that shows how much gold you have overlap with the map if I'm not mistaken.

18. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    What's the price on this and what's the game play. Sorry about the price thing it's not showing for me

19. christopherrocs

Aug 15, 2013
    And there's a two comin out i read? Interesting.

20. christopherrocs

Aug 15, 2013
    What's the gameplay???