Universal Sword Of Xolan (by ALPER SARIKAYA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, May 20, 2015.

1. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    I'm intrigued, this game is right up my alley, but would thirty levels be over quick?

2. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    A side-scroller Witcher 3 spin-off by these devs, in conjunction with CD Projekt....

One can only dream.

3. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Okay, this is my last post in this thread for the night.

I beat the first 10 levels in about 30 minutes, saving everybody.

That being said, the next couple levels seem to be a tinge more difficult.

But i'm pretty adept at platformers, so your vileage may mary.

Also, .99 cents.

4. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    @Dev - when typing in the title as a search on the App Store, your title pops up 4th (on the U.S. store at least). Make the "of" lowercase, and I bet that fixes the issue ;)

5. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    This game is awesome why is it only 1 dollar??

6. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Just tried Manuganu. It's fantastic! The gameplay reminds me of Bit Trip Run.
    I'll grab Manuganu 2 after work, as that is over 100MB.

The dev's other game, Gravity Project, is really good too!
    A 3D auto-runner with some unusual twists.

(I sound like an advertisement for the dev)!
    I don't know why I haven't heard of his/her work before.

This is the problem with the app store.
    Outstanding devs like Alper Sarikaya create *brilliant* games, then they get trampled into the dust by the great big piles of steaming crap that get released each week.

Let's hope that Sword of Xolan gets Alper some well-deserved recognition.

7. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Here I am an hour later, still unable to purchase it. I tried on my pc as well, same result. Does anyone else have problems with the App Store? Does it happen only with the new releases? I ask because right as I was posting about the purchase issues my Ipad was updating a couple of apps.

8. bcredonk

bcredonk Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Got this game too, as I've kept goblin sword on my phone since it came out. I love it so far, I've beaten a few levels and unlocked one card. I disagree with an earlier post knocking the one liners, I think they're great. They give the game a little humor, kind of like those old Blasto games. Super tight and well put together platformer overall. I've been waiting for something this good to come along for awhile now, and only $1!

9. kittenwizard

kittenwizard Member

Dec 4, 2014
    game designer, ost composer
    nyc
    #49 kittenwizard, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Yeah same here "item not available" other games dl no probs... east coast us
    (edit: actually it says " this item is no longer available")

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I wasn't knocking them. I was merely saying it doesn't take long for repetition to kick in and as a personal preference would have found it nifty if the one-liners were in the developer's language.

11. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    try to log out and log in again

12. awwe

awwe Member

May 21, 2015
    pure GOLD

This game is pure GOLD :)

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    This is "what I needed"!!!

Everything about this game is amazing. Controls, graphics, gameplay are all spot on. Yes you can compare to Goblin Swords, but Xolan is top notch in its own right.

14. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    #54 RenTin850, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Wow so much super hyped amazing comments on this game "like oh man I was in coma, until this game came along some how I came out of coma. Saved my life!" Lol. Not super amazing out of this world jaw dropping. But for what it is and the price, it's a good game.

15. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    I spammed for 3h the buy button to get it working,can't say I regret it. :)

16. xBTAx

xBTAx Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I'm enjoying the game, but apparently not as much as anyone else. Rather, it's good in a lot of areas so I'm probably more frustrated by the parts that aren't good more than I would be otherwise. These are my problems:

1. Random health/magic drops are really annoying. I've had 3 boxes in a stack all drop potions sometimes, and then other times I'd go long stretches without any. Similarly, random health drops makes it feel like surviving the level is sometimes up to chance.

2. The game is much easier than Goblin Sword, which I appreciate, since I think GS is unnecessarily difficult. But having to restart an entire level when I die is still annoying, because so far half of the few deaths I've had were due to me misjudging the jump button's location over time and slightly missing it, walking into spikes near the end of the level. When it's due to enemies, it doesn't feel like I messed up like in GS. It feels like a health pickup didn't drop because I had bad luck.

3. It takes a while to get the money to buy a card. So it's completely unsatisfying that they're hidden from us, because you can easily end up buying something worthless and have to wait another 4 or 5 levels before you can buy another. For example, I beat the first boss and bought another card only to get a bonus heart drop in each boss level, which is completely worthless till the next boss. Beyond this, why do all the cards cost the same? It makes the process of buying them feel really arbitrary, because it's not like saving the money is worth doing. It might as well be us leveling up and automatically getting a random new ability every time we hit 1500 points.

17. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wow! Thanks for mentioning these two games. I got a code for XOLAN, so I was going to gift it to make sure he got something from my enjoyment. But I'll at least pick up these two throw a couple bucks his way! Such good work for such a small price.

18. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    That was what i needed!!!!
    ;)

19. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I don't typically like these types of games, but this one in particular is quite fun.

20. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    How come there aren't more games that are this good? Seriously this games controls are perfect.