Sword & Sworcery help thread, OH DEAR GOD THE SPOILERS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Videotape, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #61 Rasterico, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
    Highlight below:
    I think you're confusing the boor with the wolf type thing that you have to kill just before reaching the summit of Mingi Taw, the boor is the thing that you see on every screen when you first reach side B, he runs away as you get close to him on every screen but eventually runs inside the giant hollow tree where you can fight him, I've completed the game twice now and showed him mercy first time round (allowing him to escape) and on my second run through I slayed him, both of these gave me 100% completion though. After the fight he drops the key for the moon grotto if you kill him or not, you can't fight him first time you enter side B as you pick up logfellas key to the old road, next time you enter side B though walk straight across the water where it says "believe" on screen and follow the dancing, singing boor to the great hollow tree.

2. Capy_Nathan

Capy_Nathan Well-Known Member

Yup, this is a known-issue and we've already fixed it for our first update. Sorry this happened, but thanks for the explanation & testing!

Also, rasterico is a helpful super-champ. Thanks so much!

3. zombiesforlunch

zombiesforlunch New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    ok so i have raised my sword at the end on the hill and i enter the other realm... and then i have no clue lol. everything seems to be locked and i'm just running around in a circle while being chased. please help and thanks in advance :)

4. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    @ capy Nathan, any thoughts on my post on the previous page?

5. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #65 Rasterico, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
    Can you be more specific? Like what percentage of the game you've completed? Do you mean you've raised your sword in the trigon grove and ended up back at Mingi Taw?

6. bbpp83

bbpp83 New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    run around a bit
    use sworcery on the closed gate with the trigon

7. Greenwasthecolor

Greenwasthecolor New Member

Mar 30, 2011
    @Rasterico Thanks for the tip, I was confusing the two. I'll be sure to deal with the boor on my next playthrough.

8. surf1der

surf1der New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Is there a bug that causes you to lose the key that you pick up after defeating the boar? I remember getting the key and I have read in this thread that it is the key to the moon grotto. I am now trying to get into that room to continue on but it seems to have disappeared from my inventory.

9. Larf

Larf Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Wow. any idea when this game comes out on iPhone iPod? This sounds like GOTY material and im really excited for it!i know it's in april but any further info would be totally appreciated!

10. HolyBatToast

HolyBatToast New Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Huh? I'm stuck in the same place

11. JonathanJK

JonathanJK New Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anybody can help with me with the Sprites in the dream on Side B. I got one of the sprites by taping bushes in pairs but the waterfall one and the one above it I can't figure out. It's very frustrating, for me it seems like I need to tap everywhere on the screen to see what reacts.

Also do I need to be eating the mushrooms each time I try to wake the sprites up? I only have one left after I failed to awaken the waterfall sprite.

I hope the entire game doesn't consist of this, the first stage was really good, I have no patience for waking sprites here on in constantly.

Thanks for the help and reading a mini rant.

12. Thumpermat

Thumpermat Active Member

May 4, 2009
    Session 3: Can't find the boar and Guthrie Rock show

Here's what happened: I started to play the game yesterday (new moon by the way): got the dark moon sprites and trigon, got stuck, asked the ghost near the big face hill, who told me about the cheat, used the cheat, decided it wasn't fair and restarted the game leaving the wrong date (full moon) on the ipad. Got the bright moon sprites and trigon, but no boar. Saw Guthrie and jammed with him, but can't get the boar for the key to the moon grotto.

Should I restart the game again or is there another way?

13. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Not sure about this, have you tried opening the door? I would give it a go and see what happens.

14. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #74 Rasterico, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
    Highlight below:
    I'm afraid if you've gone that far through the game then you can't fight the boor, as soon as you split the great tree in half (during the dark moon miracle I think?) you destroy the place where you fight him. Best to fight him the second time you enter side B (first time you enter you pick up Logfellas key and can't progress to the great hollow tree) just walk straight across the water where it says "believe" on screen and follow him through each screen till he enters the great hollow tree, then fight him..

15. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #75 Rasterico, Apr 3, 2011
    Highlight below:
    I think on this one you again pair the waterfalls up, rather than tapping though I swipe across them to give the effect of playing a stringed instrument, look carefully at the waterfalls, they each have different amounts of water coming from them, start with the lowest amount working your way up to the biggest, you'll know when your doing it right as the highlighted spots stay on each waterfall instead of disappearing, and no, you don't need to eat mushrooms in order to solve puzzles, although doing so gives you a subtle hint as to where you should be tapping/swiping on screen (usually faint patches of light will appear to signify the correct thing to tap/swipe) .

Hope this helps.

16. Thumpermat

Thumpermat Active Member

May 4, 2009
    #76 Thumpermat, Apr 3, 2011
    Thank you for your reply

SPOILER: Call me obsessive, but I de-installed the game, re-installed it and replayed it until the dark moon sprites.

And on a dark moon day like today, the boar doesn't appear at all, so I'll wait a few days to see if it appears at all.

If you have other ideas, they will be extremely appreciated.

Addendum:I though it was because I hadn't read the plaque and tried to open the door, so I went back, talked to all the ghosts, etc., but no change, when I go back to side be, there is no boar. Maybe it is a bug.

17. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #77 Rasterico, Apr 3, 2011
    Really? I wasn't aware of this as I've finished it a couple of times but obviously before the dark moon cycle started. I had my game saved just after the first session so have just played through the first time on side B again and you are indeed correct, the boor doesn't make an appearance at all, the only way to get to fight him will be to either wait till the dark moon phase passes or cheat by changing the date on your iPad I guess? as long as you don't finish the dark moon portion thus destroying the great hollow tree then I believe you can fight the boor any time before that (not the first time you enter side B though and collect logfellas key)

I don't think it's a bug, later on in the game someone comments in the Megatome that different moon cycles will make familiar places change, I guess this means that certain characters may not show up either

18. surf1der

surf1der New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Spoiler?:
    I have confirmed that if you are in the dark moon phase you will not encounter the boar in the hollowed out tree. Not sure if this is a bug or not. However, if you are unlucky like I was and it was already in the dark moon phase after you get the gold trigon, you will never get to face the boar and pick up the moon grotto key if you indeed collect the dark moon trigon.

19. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    #79 Seishu, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
    Can someone tell me what the code in the end is for? Thanks.

Never mind, I figured it out :p

20. Transmatrix

Transmatrix New Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Okay, so I got the blue trigon and then found the door to the moon grotto. I couldn't find any way to get a key, so in a bit of frustration I did a google search that led me here. I find out now that apparently I unluckily played the game on a "dark moon" night and now I cannot fight a boor to get the key... This really annoys me, but I'm willing to replay part of the game in order to set things right. How do I go back? Or do I have to replay the entire game?