Universal Swordigo (by Touch Foo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 21, 2012.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Great rundown but the lack of love for Undead Ocean is sad for me. But then there truly are too many good ones to list. This one though, Swordigo, has claimed my number one spot. Metroid in a Zelda skin, I'm loving it. Just got off of a ten hour shift and this was all I could think about. Came home, got dinner and read up on the thread, now, its game time! =)

2. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Thanks for the recommendations. Wish I had an iPad mostly for Aquaria and Incoboto, perhaps for graduation I can weasel one out of my parents. Refurb iPad 2 perhaps. I have most of the games you mentioned except Dark Insurrection which I'm not finding on the AppStore or AppShopper.

On another note, if your reading this wondering whether or not to buy this game. Just freaking buy it already its awesome. GOTY so far for me.

3. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Ok, played some and it's good. Gameplay is tight.

Graphics are really bad though, which is shame. Don't like the art either.

Still, overall it's a good game. :)

4. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Personally, I think that the graphics are alright. I wouldn't call them bad. I mean, would you call an 8-bit styled game bad because of its graphics?

I liked the art, but that's just my opinion.

5. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    No, I wouldn't call a 8-bit styled game bad because of it's graphics, unless the gameplay was bad too. I didn't say Swordigo was bad because of it's graphics, in fact, I said the exact opposite.

But I don't think Swordigo's graphics are a design choice. They're just clearly amateurish. I'm not trying to knock the game mind you. Like I said, I like it despite the graphics.

6. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    I think the game just grows on you. Shame, the trailer doesn't do the game justice.

7. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Since there's no iPad forum topic I'll ask it here. Is this optimized for the new iPad?

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    He meant Dark Incursion, hehe. Decent game, but a bit too expensive for what it offers. Great art though, imo.

9. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Ok, ok. You guys got me: read the last (direct) comments in this thread since my last post and... bought it!
    Going to play this tonight after work with some good wine on my iPad. Update will follow! :D

10. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    No way, this game is rreeeaallllyyy bad. Don't get your hopes up.
    *sarcastic tone*

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep...stay away from this at all cost. It's sooooooooooooo bad I've had to go through 4 full battery recharges in 24 hours. >_>

I honestly can't believe people are on the fence about this.

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Meh... I really think Orange Pixel games have more exploration than Undead Ocean... Or even UD's devs other Bounce On games... Those have some exploration...

Was trying to just list games that dont have every path viewable from just running through a level... =oP

That and Undead Ocean's controls are a little wonky =oP

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Please someone tell me this isn't the same case for the U.S. store, because in Lebanon, Angry Birds Space is GotW and Madcoaster, Light the Flower and Fix-it-Up are all in New and Noteworthy...while Swordigo is nowhere to be seen. ****ING SERIOUSLY?

14. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Is there anything random/endless/replayable about this?

15. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Put in my two-cents for voting Swordigo as the TA Game of the Week!

Go and Vote and be heard!

16. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    While I'm rather tempted by the game, and I do advocate supporting worthwhile developers, right now app prices are a football, the app store is Lucy promising that this time she won't yank the ball away, and I'm not playing the role of Charlie Brown anymore. I'll hang on a week or two to see if the almost-inevitable price drop (and subsequent howling) occurs before grabbing this; I've got more than enough to play through already, honestly.

I'm not that miserly that I'll hold off six months to save a dollar, but having observed the Price Drop forum over the past couple of months, I know there's a good chance that almost anything released will be on sale within four weeks. It's an ironic element of the nature of iOS gaming that not seeing a game on sale can make people happier than seeing the opposite.

17. Touch Foo

Touch Foo Well-Known Member

In the US store it's on the front page in New and Noteworthy.. one of the best spots there are.. which is awesome! We knew it was going to be featured which is why we chose to release yesterday but we didn't expect this good a position.

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Just buy it, seriously. This will make you forget about all your other games - at least it has for me and several other people in this thread. :p

I've been observing price drops for a long time, and while I can be wrong, I don't see this game going free or on sale. (Normally I'm pretty good at predicting price drops. Not that I'm tooting my own horn or anything. :rolleyes: )

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Congrats! :D Well deserved. Thank you guys for making (what I consider) a timeless staple of iOS gaming. I honestly can't praise Swordigo enough.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    BIG congratulations to you and your team, its an amazing game, i love platformers and this is probably the best on iOS for me, love it. I know its early days yet but you know you'll have to make a sequel now surely ! ;)

But well done, amazing game and i hope it does well for you.