Universal Swordigo (by Touch Foo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 21, 2012.

1. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I have not read back through previous pages to this thread so bear with me.

In the Great Caves there is a perplexing room in particular that I cannot figure out. I HATE asking for tips, but I'm about ready to quit this f-ing game if I don't get unstuck.

The room is the one where there are 4 directions to go in, where if you enter the one direction it portals you back to the diagonal direction. What the HELL are you supposed to do in here?

2. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    It's all trial error, there's no logic here. Just keep going through 1 of 4 directions, if you went through the correct exit, one of the torches on the back wall will light up. If you went through wrong one, all lit torches will be extinguished. Shouldn't take too long since there's only 10 possible paths you can take anyways (4+3+2+1 if my math's correct)

3. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Your advice was partially correct and very helpful, thanks. I never noticed the torch lighting up in the back when you go through correctly. However, there is a pattern, and it does repeat: It's the TOP LEFT first, then the BOTTOM LEFT second, the TOP BOTTOM RIGHT third and then the TOP RIGHT fourth.

The Great Caves are a PAIN IN MY ASS!!

Well at least now I can advance. I was about to shut this game off just because of this room.

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Geez, I've had this on my iPod ever since it went free, and I haven't even opened the app yet. Gosh, I got too many good games to play! :D

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    But only one to finish: THIS ONE. Try Swordigo now, you won't be disappointed.

6. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I didn't even realize that with my comment above that I added a spoiler/hint. Mods, if you want to delete that feel free, since I JUST BEAT THE GAME! This is the best platformer that I cannot WAIT to get off my iPhone.

Warning: This game is not for the weak of heart, or for those with weak platforming skills. The last third of this is NO JOKE. Good luck!

7. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Totally agree, one of the most difficult games I've played in a LONG time, made it super satisfying to beat. Cannot recommend it enough.

8. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    TAGOTW of THE YEAR !!!

[size=+8]TAGOTW OF THE YEAR[/size]

[thread=125714][​IMG][/thread] [thread=117541][​IMG][/thread] [thread=116591][​IMG][/thread] [thread=114804][​IMG][/thread] [thread=105699][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=142304][​IMG][/thread] [thread=110788][​IMG][/thread] [thread=111513][​IMG][/thread] [thread=126462][​IMG][/thread] [thread=124184][​IMG][/thread]

[size=+3]WHICH ONE IS YOUR FAVORITE ???[/size]

[size=+5][thread=146395]VOTE NOW[/thread][/size]
    Poll close
    08-26-2012 at 07:29 PM​

9. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Finally got around to cracking this one open and damn... What a game!!

10. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yep, the best action/RPG platformer on iOS, by a long mile!
    I really hope the developers are working on a sequel.

11. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Swordigo 2 would be an immediate instabuy. No questions asked.

12. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Hm right Swordigo, completely forgot about its existence :) Great game which I really enjoyed.

Wasn't the developer working on some extra content for it? Been a while since I've seen anything from them.

13. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I'm currently replaying it, would love a sequel as well.

14. Bytebrain

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I don't recall any mention of extra content from the developer,
    but I remember asking them myself to give us a sequel, rather than an update with extra levels, if they should decide to continue making games in the Swordigo universe.

I would personally rather wait for a year or more for a sequel, than if the Devs used precious recourses on updates to a rather flawless game like this one.

15. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    #475 Urthop, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Took a bit of searching but here we go: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2196065&postcount=267

They could always put up the update as an IAP(sorry for swearing in the thread :p) expansion. I know I'd pay for that at least :)

16. Bytebrain

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    :D
    Good one. :)
    And good catch with that link. I'd completely forgotten about that, and I've been following this thread since the beginning.

I'm not opposed to expansions either, would just be even more happy with a full sequel. And for me, it's absolutely acceptable for IAP to be used as payment for expansions. So in that regard, IAP doesn't need to be a swear word, too bad many developers doesn't play fair with their implantation of IAP.

17. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I seem to be stuck here:

[​IMG]

Like I'm probably missing something blatantly obvious, but I can't seem to make that jump and I have no idea what that purple blob is for...

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    You're supposed to have a spell called Dragon Grasp by that point. If you don't, you missed a Chunk of the game (like myself, lol).

19. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Now I'm having a hard time beating the Hall of the Dwarven Kings boss... How are you supposed to beat this guy?!?

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Could you describe it? Attack patterns, etc. I don't remember who is that boss.