Universal Swords & Poker Adventures (By KONAMI)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by UppercutEd, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    It says $4.99 in game.

2. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I can get to the original Sword and Poker 1 and 2 just fine from the App Store on my phone running ios 6, but neither game shows up on my ipad running ios 7. Odd.

3. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Works fine for me on my iPad. However I do have to change the search options to "iPhone Only" when I'm at the App Store.

4. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I was credited 60 gems for my facebook login this morning. Which is strange because I had used that yesterday. Maybe that is on 24 hour delay.

I suppose it could be possible to win gems with the daily bonus

Yeah I gave this another go. I gave it a fair shot and I'm liking it (better than the typical freemium goes).

5. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    For some reason my post said $ not £

Its currently £2.99 at 50% off, so I would guess its going to be £5.98 after August 1st

6. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I'm in Canada. Currently shows price at $4.99 has anyone bought the IAP? Is it 50%, thus will be charged $2.50 or does it mean after Aug 1 it will cost $9.99?

Any clarification would be great, thanks.

7. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    When searching the store from your ipad in iOS 7, it defaults to showing iPad games. Change it to iPhone at the top and you'll see all the universal and non- HD stuff.

8. customa313

customa313 New Member

Jul 18, 2014
    add me :)

ios game center : customa313

facebook : facebook.com/angel.real

9. farley2k

farley2k Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I am enjoying it but I find timers just so stupid. Does it really create that much extra profit for the developer?

I am almost willing to pay the $4.99 because I do like this game but I finding I can can usually live until the timer runs out.

10. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Those gem bought weapons are "cheater" weapons, though. Simply a way to get more powerful gear before you normally would by playing. Purchasing those kind of kills the fun of the game, because then the weapons you get as drops or buy with coins become pointless. So really, if you buy the infinite energy unlock and simply ignore those "cheater" weapons, then you really do have a premium experience.

What's more, those "cheater" weapons aren't even that much ahead of what you get from playing normally. I got a sword as a drop on level 6 that is pretty comparable to the gem bought axe that's available in the shop. Decent enough in stats that I would have ha buyer's remorse if I had blown gems on the axe. It looks like the gem bought weapons really are just "cheater" weapons and not actually needed at all, so safe to ignore without affecting your play experience.

So all in all, the IAP model for this game is actually pretty good for a fremium, especially coming from a big corporate game publisher like konami.

11. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I've been playing this and I have to say it's growing on me. The good news for me is that I'm such a poor poker player that it will take months for me to reach any kind of paywall and hopefully by then I will have learned the game better.

12. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    That is quite inspiring feedback and a good perspective Mike - I may have to give this another try as I do love Sword and Poker.

13. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Anyone getting a glitch where it says your purchases failed and to reload the game but when I do close it and restart it, gives the same error. This is rendering the game useless and unplayable :(

14. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I have tried to find the unlimited timer purchase but can't. Anyone know where it is?

15. jacknicklson

jacknicklson Member

Apr 4, 2012
    You have to use the free energy refill first

16. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    When you are in one of the levels and you are at less than full energy, tap the "+" button and it will give you the option of spending gems for more energy or purchasing the unlimited energy unlock.

The one thing I wish the unlimited energy unlock did was remove all references to energy from the game. The energy bar/timer is gone, but the lightning bolt symbol is still there in the corner. The battle buttons still have their energy cost listed on them. I would prefer all that stuff to just be gone, personally. This isn't really a problem, just more of an aesthetics preference.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    So energy is half off at $5 now and later it'll be $10? Wow.

18. pantoneblack

pantoneblack Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Someone a couple pages back mentioned a health unlock? Are they talking about energy or health. I have problems dying more than once on some levels before I can beat all the monsters. Sometimes it's bad plays sometimes it's bad draws. I'm not spending gems to get more life so I have to play the whole stage over. I didn't play the originals were they like this too with health that doesn't refill? It's not super annoying I like the play style but get annoyed either not being able to beat every enemy and having to move on. I rambled but my question is, is there health AND energy unlock or just energy?

19. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #79 PBSNellie, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    Th iTunes link says 2.99 for the unlock til 8/1. The game still says 4.99. I sent a note to Devs to find out what's the deal.
    Well ;$()?!?$!! It says 50% off. So I have no idea what it's supposed to be. If they respond I'll send it this way.

Attached Files:

20. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas

You can spend coins to increase your health in the shop and you get one free health refill per zone. I've found this to be enough to beat the zones I've played so far. Remember you don't have to kill every monster to finish the zone. You just need to make it to the exit. You can come back and do a full clear when you have better equipment and more health.