Universal Syder Arcade HD (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jan 15, 2013.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha... Achievements are working fine for me, but the campaign scores aren't. =oP

**edit**

Take that back... Achievements aren't working for me either. I really thought they were. Oh well. Campaign scores are still not being uploaded though. =oP

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    4.5/5 from Touchgen. I personally don't follow their reviews all that much, but seldom do I see any good scores from them. >_> :p Take that for what it's worth. Will be purchasing in a bit. :)

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#43 killercow, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    Yeah leaderbords are weird too but i'm fine with that, mine was uploaded and i'm at third place :p

I find that their reviews are often too harsh but when they give 4 or 4.5 it really means that the game is good! (Well most of the time anyway)

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, only one way to find out: You've already tried this out. Would you say it's deserving of a 4.5? ;) :p

5. aXon[Evil]

aXon[Evil] Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Gamecenter issue

Really sorry for the Achievements/Leaderboard problems. Of course the test version was working fine... I'm investigating it. We will release a fixed version as soon as possible!

L.

6. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Yes! I had a blast during the great albeit short campaign. It's really a good looking game with a twist on traditional shoot them up (aka the flip button). With the addition of the survival mode and the 4 difficulties there's a quite a lot to come back to (and the main menu is hinting at some neat updates).
    It's 0.99$, go for it :D

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Definitely going to. :) Just waiting for my bandwidth to go free for the night and I can do all my updates/downloads in one go. :p

8. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Not a fan of the genre, but this actually looks interesting, I think I'll bite.

9. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Totally reminiscent of Defender or Stargate. Had great times playing those in the 80s!

10. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    The flip mechanic totally reminds me of the arcade classics of the 80s such as Defender. Wish more devs would find a way to improve on it. This looks great!

11. aXon[Evil]

aXon[Evil] Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Flip!

Well... the basic idea was to port the feeling of the old "european" shoot'em up like ProjectX (Amiga) on a new game, trying to combine both the feeling we had playing those kind of games and a fresh look and technology.

Hope we made it.

12. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #52 Aventador, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    Just bought it and enjoying.
    Big thank you to developer(s) for this fresh and beautifull arcade, you rock:D
    Back to game !

13. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    This is a very good game. I just wished we had the option to resize the joypad, as I accidentally move my finger too far all very often, as its too small on the iPad.

Anyone liking this game also ought to take a look at an amazing shooter also available on the AppStore: Space Tripper.

It uses the same flip mechanics, and have upgradable weapons and amazingly well crafted levels.

14. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    Yes, it really reminds me of Space Gonorrhea ... uh Space Tripper. Great game, but terrible name.

15. Now that it is finally out, I gotta buy it cause I am a shmup fan. Bought a lot of small name shmups lately fir a buck like Battlesquadron, vritra, and alien crusher pro, and enjoying them all. Will report a little while later on how this compares.

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Battle Squadron isn't a small name shmup....

Just... FYI

17. TravisR2H

TravisR2H Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Looks great. Any chance for Icade support?

18. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I was just about to post that myself.
    It's a great old classic, and one I keep coming back to on iOS.
    There's another shmup on the AppStore with a similar name: BSquadron.
    Very inferior game.
    Maybe that's the one The Great Connector is thinking about.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. Probably BSquadron. Battle Squadron? Pffft...the first game I ever had on my SEGA Mega Drive. So, so, so many memories...CLASSIC!

20. #60 Connector, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    Yeah, I was actually talking about Bsquadron, not Battle Squadron, got confused by the names. Even The Great Connector's brain is whittling away slowly, playing too many thousands of ios games. Ninjackid always gets on my case for mangling names of all the Batman titles.

Even the wise old Connector has his flaws, abeit, not too many! Haha :p

Just kidding!!! :D

Attached Files: