Universal Syder Arcade HD (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    I am very surprised with the quality of this game! This title worth at least $5, at $1 it is really a steal! :eek:

2. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Lol
    :)

3. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Enjoying this game, one of the few horizontal shooters I actually like. The stick control is pretty good considering touch screen and that these side scrolling shooters can be a real trial to control, but this game pulls it off, all with a nice retro feel.

4. mr_joe

mr_joe Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2012
    This needs more attention its brilliant and very addictive so much fun

5. Yeah cool game. Virtual Joypad controls work really well, rarely play shmups with joypad, but this one is well implemented. Wouldn't mind however an option for relative touch controls though, hopefully they can be added in an update.

Kind of reminds me of a couple of games. Defender with its similar minimap and game stye. Space tripper and Deathsmiles both for its kinda similar controls. Plays well on hdmi tv, and the difficulties are quite hard.

Haven't gotten too far in the game yet, but look forward to playing it some more.

6. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    That's it. Sold on the Defender comparison above.

7. bashesh

bashesh Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Just wondering how the framerate holds up on iphone 4s, especially since the app description states iphone 4s NOT recommended. Has anyone with iphone 4s tried it yet? Thanks

8. aXon[Evil]

aXon[Evil] Member

Oct 12, 2012
    iPhone4s

Hey,
    due to people using it (and happy) we are removing from the description the "NOT recommended" for iPhone4s.

On the 4s the framerate is around 30fps. Is totally playable but you can experience few glitches.

Lot of people bought it on 4s and said it works fine.

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i've risked to purchase it, regardless of notes, and i'm playing even on my iPhone4, not at its best i guess, but i'm enjoying it!
    great game!

awesome music!!! can i find the OST somewhere?

10. aXon[Evil]

aXon[Evil] Member

Oct 12, 2012
  11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    aXon, tiny request if I may? As there's already an HD in the app icon, why not just have the title of the game on our devices as Syder Arcade instead of SyderArcadeHD? ;)

12. aXon[Evil]

aXon[Evil] Member

Oct 12, 2012
    oh, it's true...

we'll take in account this request... :)

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Awesome. Thanks! :)

14. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #74 Aventador, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    This game is like drugs - very addictive.

Just a notice though : if I fail mission, game/ in game music is telling me "mission accomplished" and "well done".
    Or is game mocking me ? :rolleyes:

Edit : also when I'm attacking first boss, pirate ship, game sometimes doesn't allow me to go in one direction(be it left or right side) , as there is invisible wall blocking me that way, screen is "locked" with boss and me on it.Circling around boss ship and changing direction solves this.

15. aXon[Evil]

aXon[Evil] Member

Oct 12, 2012
    ehm.... yes! :p if you listen carefully, you can hear the voice laughing...

Ok, this is a "non clear" thing of the game I think. If you take a look to the minimap you can see (in your situation) you are near a boundary of the level.

Levels in Syder Arcade HD are extremely dynamic, not "positional" so the position of the boss of the first stage depends on your one, and if you flee he follows you. So you reached a boundary. Clear in the minimap, not so clear in the stage...

16. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Just realized how fast boss and my ship move around map; In a couple seconds of fierce fighting and dodging around boss we both went from one end of map to another.
    My mistake sir, but on my remark before, one question :are you planning to add "mission failed" sound ?

Can't wait for new ship(s)

17. aXon[Evil]

aXon[Evil] Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Well... actually not, but it's fairly simple so could be in the next update. I'm building up a list of suggestions, I'll add this one.

One is in production. An alien one. Organic.

18. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    For the record: I gave it another shot and honestly tried to like it, but the inferior and inconsistent frame rate just sucks all the enjoyment out of it for me. Done with it.

19. nschneider350

nschneider350 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Pretty Good

This game is pretty awesome. For 99c you can't go wrong. Does anyone else have the feeling that the virtual pad lags/has a delay. I feel like I move it then my ship moves. I am on an iPad 4 and it runs at a decent framerate but I feel it could be better as mentioned previously in this thread. Game is a lot of fun though and the music and graphics are great.

20. lightningfast

lightningfast Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    London
    Looks awesome. I'll be in touch with it soon.