TA Doesn't Accept Feedback

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Royce, Jul 8, 2013.

1. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Pretty much.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

That seems exceptionally dramatic. There's no reason to be a martyr here. If you have real feedback, shoot us an email.

3. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Has anyone been to'd or banned beacause of the CMR controversy?
    I mean, we could've just had the offensive posts, whatever they may have been, removed.
    There was a rational discussion in there.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I don't think anyone was banned, though I definitely understand people being banned instead of just having their posts deleted. If your post is deleted without your consent, generally you probably said something ban-worthy. So simply deleting the posts would not teach the person a lesson. Reprimanding them would be a good course of action, too.

As for just deleting some posts instead of the entire topic... while the topic may have had some copacetic conversation, the main point of the thread was aggressive, and no matter how many times you delete the OP or the Dev's posts, they would still bicker... and they might even start to bicker about their posts getting deleted! In the case of that topic, I think it was best to delete it, just to avoid any more conflict.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Eli already covered this. Yes, the person responsible for the CMR "controversy" was banned...but not because of that reason.

6. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Okay.
    Thanks metal.

7. Morthizerm

Morthizerm Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Something I found from Sambobsung in the other side nominated for a story competition.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    There wasn't going to be any more conflict on that thread because I had already closed it.

Regardless of sean.99's sneaky intent, the issue raised was legitimate, and the tone (which is what matters to me as a moderator) was civil -- at least until folks defending the review started posting.

But I get it: sean.99 posts read like thinly veiled attacks against TA's editorial policies and veered dangerously close to the "TA is on the take" nonsense. There's no question that some folks love to stir up trouble for the sake of attention. Nevertheless, I think the best way to deal with them is to address the substance of their issues and ignore the insinuations. Making threads disappear only adds fuel to the paranoia.

I don't run the site, though -- I just help enforce the rules.

9. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Well-worded posts on improvements, those kind I have never seen deleted here on TA. Tinfoil hat accusations served as "critique", now those kind comes and goes on every site, and they have nothing to do with honest suggestions.

I say give it a go. If you get banned for honest good spirited feedback, then something is wrong, but I highly doubt that. :)

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Can anyone tell me why the following comment I posted on the Breach & Clear review was deleted?

Nothing I said was unfair, untrue, or inflammatory. It's honest criticism of a terribly written article.

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

When enough people click "Flag as inappropriate" a comment automatically becomes moderated.

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #32 Royce, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    Ah, well it just said my comment was deleted so I thought that was what had happened. Anyway, I just noticed someone has already cleaned up the article significantly. So thank you for that. It's much easier to digest now.

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Yeah, Wordpress ate the final version of that review. Usually when that happens the images also get stripped so I didn't notice right away.

14. Eli, I sent you a pm, thanks.