TA Forums Game of the Week! (02/Feb)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by arta, Feb 2, 2012.

?

TA Forums Game of the Week! (01/Feb)

Poll closed Feb 8, 2012.
  1. Awesome Land

7.8%
  2. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

42.7%
  3. Gorilla Gondola

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Off The Leash

9.7%
  5. Reckless Racing 2

23.3%
  6. Shogun: Rise of the Renegade

8.7%
  7. Spice Invaders

7.8%
  1. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    TBH, if the patch is pushed out this week, it'll probably jump up to the #1 spot. IDK...RR2 is really good.

2. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    #22 Agas, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
    My pick: Ghost Trick and Food Fight IOS
    But also nominate: Reckless Racing 2, Off The Leash, and The Lost City,
    You can add: Food Fight! for IOS, Reiner Knizia's City of Secrets Skyline,

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Added Fly With Me, Call of Cthulhu, Furmins, The Lost City, Soul Tamer Kiki and Shogun: Rise of the Renegade. :)

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #24 arta, Feb 4, 2012
    I'm definitely nominating Ghost Trick this week, it's amazing so far.

Edit: also Elf Defense. Spice Invaders too, although that just gets a nomination.

5. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Robokill 2
    Hamlet
    Sticky bees
    Las Vegas story

Ghost trick
    Off the leash

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Poll will be up within the hour.
    Added. :)

7. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Definitely Ghost Trick, it's an amazing game. :D

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Poll's up. Time to vote!

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I hope the voting ends up like this:

1. Reckless Racing 2
    2. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
    3. Off the Leash

but I don't mind GT winning either :p

10. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #30 GoofyJmaster., Feb 4, 2012
    bump

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Neither Robokill 2 nor Lyst Ignition made the list? At least that makes it a bit easier to vote :rolleyes:

12. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I agree about Lyst, but Robokill 2 prolly didn't make it due to being only released for iPad.

---------------------------

Nooooooooo!!!!!

I wanted to at least change my noms before the poll went up. The Friday and Saturday releases usually get screwed over.

Anyways, 2 awesome games that came out after Thursday are Gravity Maze and Food Fight.

Lyst Ignition came out on Thursday, but I just got it last night and it's an amazing match 2/3 game. I mean this is seriously something you need to check out if you're a fan of the genre--SERIOUSLY!

My vote goes to Reckless Racing 2 because it's a borderline perfect arcade racer. It looks absolutely phenomenal, handles amazingly, races are always fun with dynamic difficulty, and the car customization is absolutely superb. If devs keep releasing games like this, it's going to be a great and expensive year.

2nd place would be for Shogun: Rise of the Renegade. This might actually be my new favorite shmup. I'm still debating if I want it to knock Bug Princess out of first place.

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I know an iPad only game would stand little chance of winning the vote, but I still think it deserved a spot on the list. I mean there's only 7 games there. I thought it was supposed to be the top ten.

14. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Top 10 getting at least 2 nominations or something like that. But when it goes to iPhone as well, I think it should be allowed entry into the poll for the week it does that...

15. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #35 GoofyJmaster., Feb 4, 2012
    Yeah, I think it'll do fine when it gets released for iPhone. I wouldn't be surprised if it won GOTW then because it's highly anticipated and the new additions sound awesome!

But yeah, i think iPad users have to succumb to the whims iPod/iPhone users. I bet if Kids vs. Goblins would've released this week as iPad 2 only, it would've done poorly even if it did get 2 noms.

Aww man! I didn't know they needed 2 noms. I really wish I had redone my noms before cut off. Personally, I feel that Gravity Maze, Lyst Ignition, and/or Food Fight could easily replace a couple of games up there. But since there's 3 spots open, I think they would've made nice additions.

16. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Either this will be a complete shut-out or not everyone has played Ghost Trick. lol

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Something like that.

Whenever there are more than 10 nominations I count all the votes mentioned in the thread and rank them by number of times they are nominated (which is why I keep stressing for you guys to make sure and specify that the game you're mentioning is an actual nomination).

I had 7 games with at least 2 nominations apiece: all the others each had one nomination apiece, and there were more than 3 games that each got that single vote. In that case I leave them off the nomination list, cause there's no other way I can choose one game over the other without playing favorites to force a full roster.

So yeah, it seems strange to some that Robokill 2 didn't make the list since it has a higher profile than the others on the list, but only one person nominated it in the thread.

That's the only reason why games din't make the list, not cause it's on iPad or some bullshit like that. :)

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    In the week I did this thread I had to do the same - take a pretty hard line with nominations.

It was either I had 6 nominees, or 13. I went with 6.

19. donperson

donperson Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Norway
    Reckless Racing 2.

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Tbh, I've only played a few minutes of Ghost Trick, but it felt great(haven't had time for it yet), but I think I might change my mind and have it as my GOTY...