TA Forums Game of the Week! (29/Feb)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by arta, Feb 29, 2012.

?

TA Forums Game of the Week! (29/Feb)

Poll closed Mar 7, 2012.
  1. AaaaaAAaaa... (Force= Mass X Acceleration)

3.1%
  2. Fancy Pants

19.4%
  3. Final Run

2.3%
  4. Incoboto

19.4%
  5. Invader Hunter

7.8%
  6. Kale in Dinoland

4.7%
  7. Prince of Persia Classic

3.1%
  8. Tobe & Friends Hookshot Escape

8.5%
  9. Waking Mars

27.1%
  10. Zombies, Run!

4.7%
  1. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Several excellent choices this week, but Kale's got my vote. :)

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Although I like another game more in terms of gameplay, my vote goes to INVADER HUNTER.
    For a game that was developed by just one or two persons, this is a major archievement for the iOS and the first iOS game with a real Monster Hunter feeling.

3. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I decided to just ignore the $8 price tag and buy zombies, run. It isn't really that much of a game, but a running app. It motivates me to go out and get some exercise so I give it my support.

4. If GA8 was on that poll, I'd have voted for it. Had to vote for Incoboto.

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wow, not too sure what I'll vote for... Was a great week! Right now Waking Mars will most likely get my vote... But I wanna put more time into Kale, Fancy Pants and Incoboto before I fully make up my mind. =oP

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I really wanted to vote for Invader Hunter, but the UI needs to be snappier and the controls tweaked a bit to become truly fun. I voted for Tobe.

7. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, I agree! I'm also voting for it because it has ridiculously good animation for a 3D game, and there's a ton of customization. And at the end of the day, it's just fun.

It was still hard to choose because Tobe is flat out addicting and offers quite a bit of variety. And Kale in Dinoland is just an excellent platformer! Nuff said.

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Nominees:

1. Incoboto - Because Helios is so damn cute that I would snuggle her the hole Day, even if it would burn me.
    2. Waking Mars - Would have got the first Place if I wouldn´t have falling in love with Incoboto from the first Moment while it did took in Waking Mars a little longer then I had though it.
    3. Kale in Dinoland - 100% pur Retro. I love it.

Most underrated Game this Week:

Zombie Panic in Wonderland Plus - Still don`t understand why no one seem to like the Game as much as I do. Might be the iAP or something else but the Game seem to run below every Radar I know so far.

Most overrated Game this Week:

Zombies, Run! - I bough it, I used it - Sorry but WTF did I payed $7.99 for again?

WTF Moment of this Week:

Barbarian - The Death Sword - Second Round, the Moment when my Head was chopped off and I literally couldn`t do nothing against it - WTF?

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Saw that in the gameplay video you posted in the thread the day the game came out. Lmfao.

Close poll this week, sweet.

10. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I was turned off by the IAP. The first level was pretty awesome, but I didn't like the payment setup. Plus, there were a ton of good releases this week, so I just said F it and deleted.

11. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Damn it! I voted for Waking Mars when I forgot Tobe was released this week! Argghh!

12. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Haha! Maybe they can change it. I don't think the rules said anything about votes being final. ;)

Tobe was actually my number 1 nomination, but I had to give my vote to Invader Hunter.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Incoboto for me, but I haven't tried most of the rest (only AAaaAA...) so really it's kind of silly, but I do really love Incoboto.

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    In their latest update they added IAP, instantly deleted :( (Hate when devs dont put it in the beginning and add it later)

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow! tight race between FP and Incoboto!

16. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Really wish I had an iPad for Incoboto. I voted for Fancy Pants cause its fun factor is higher for me than Waking Mars.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Incoboto is doing quite well for an iPad-only game.

18. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    For second :)

I thnk waking mars should win this one.... Although I haven't played incoboto or fancy Pants yet.

Just out of curiosity how many times has the game of the week on the app store and the game of the week here been the same?

AaaaaaaAaa was a huge let down IMo... Too bad

19. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    In 2011, 16 out of 25 TAGOTW are also Apples GOTW (either iPhone or iPad).
    So far for 2012 (January-February), 4 out of 9 are also Apple GOTW.
    But then most of Apple's pick for GOTW that is not TAGOTW are usually in runner ups.
    Note: If Waking Mars wins this week, it is also Apple's choice for iPad GOTW.

Check for yourself : [thread=119439]TAGOTW Archive Thread[/thread]

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Incoboto got my vote...

took a lot of thinking (doesn't happen too often with GOTW votes for me....)

and when it came down to it... it was the writing for each game (Incoboto vs. Waking Mars) that decided the winner in my mind. While Waking Mars does have some decent back n forth dialogue between the two characters, and even with Laing and ART... the humor in Incoboto, and the way it's presented, through the computers, and dead characters, along with the super cute sun... totally clicked with me in a way no other iOS game has.

So... yup... Inco got my vote. Though I think there's quite a few games in the list that are deserving... so it won't surprise me no matter who wins. =oD