TA Forums Game of the Week! (Dec 13th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Dec 13, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of December 13th?

Poll closed Dec 20, 2012.
  1. Luna Bears

11.1%
  2. METAL SLUG 1

2.8%
  3. Mutant Fridge Mayhem - Gumball

25.0%
  4. Alpha Zero

8.3%
  5. Stone Age: The Board Game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Battle of the Bulge

8.3%
  7. bit Dungeon

22.2%
  8. Call of Mini: Brawlers

5.6%
  9. Fluxx

11.1%
  10. Santa Rockstar

5.6%
  1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Mutant Fridge Mayhem gets my vote!

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Maybe we could have a separate iPad only vote... But make it bi-weekly or even just monthly, since there's not many iPad only titles every month....

Just a suggestion...

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Too complicated for normal release polls, I think. Guess I could try a monthly iPad only poll, but it's pretty obvious which games would win since the releases are that rare.

I mean... How many iPad-only games released this year could you name that you'd nominate/vote for? I don't think there would be 12. Unfair as it may sometimes be, there's just not enough to justify separate polls.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Right on. Thanks for considering it anyway. =o)

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Now that I've joined the iPadians, I'd love there to be more iPad exclusive games. Guess there just aren't enough of us though. :(

Speaking of which, I'm excited about Tiny Thief!

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Had one more thought that might be a decent compromise. What if an iPad only game didn't get enough nominations when it was released to be included in the poll still be eligible when they get re-releases or go Universal? There's probably only a handful of iPad games that crossover to the iPhone.

For instance, from what I can tell Autumn Dynasty didn't get enough nominations when it came out in May to make the GoTW poll. But if it was eligible, maybe it would have this week.

Nothing's perfect and certainly don't want to create more work for you Echo. Just another thought. Then I'll drop it...I promise :) .

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    That's an interesting thought.

Would mean I have to dig up the GOTW poll from around when the game was originally released...
    And have to be careful of games like Bastion which, despite being iPad only, were still nominated and even won, if I remember correctly.

The thing is, the truly outstanding iPad games don't have problems with the current poll set-up (Bastion, Aquaria and Machinarium, to name a few). Knowing that, do you think it would be fair to let the more niche games get a second chance?

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Heresy! I am an ipadist!

9. Me too, I'm here!!! This week playing my ipad as a console via hdmi and airplay, using wireless headphones now, and playing Alpha Zero with two styluses! How much more of an ipad fanatic can you get???

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I don't know. Guess it's probably best to just leave it as is. Just know that, as you can tell, the number of people who still suffer on our little iPhones and iPod Touches probably still greatly outnumber the iPadists.

But when the iPad people do come out in force, like your example of Bastion, they can still conquer us. So guess it's best to just let it be. Even though I definitely would have nominated Autumn Dynasty this week, you're right in that it is more of a niche game that would have not won anyway.

I'm trying to think. Did Incoboto win as an iPad game before it came to the iPhone/Touch? That may have been one that could have won when it "crossed over".

Anyway, just rambling on....so there's likely not a really good solution to the issue....if there really even is an issue.