TA Forums Game of the Week! (Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Dec 21, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of December 20th?

Poll closed Dec 27, 2012.
  1. Pudding Monsters

25.9%
  2. Ravensword: Shadowlands

25.9%
  3. Anomaly Korea

6.9%
  4. Rōnin

19.0%
  5. FINAL FANTASY IV

20.7%
  6. Elements Defender

1.7%
  7. Lost Treasures of Infocom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. RPG Alphadia 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    First vote - Pudding Monsters.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yup, had to give my vote to Ronin... I'm hooked on it...

Was still a VERY hard decision... But I feel it TOTALLY deserves it.

3. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Easy one - Anomaly Korea ftw!

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Pudding Monsters gets my vote. The crown replayablity and the fun it gave is unmatched even with releases some weeks before this one

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Went with Ronin.
    It's no secret how i love runner games, and Ronin is definitely one of the best offered on the iOS right now.

It now has a permanent place in my 4S, and the perfectly working icloud is a guarantee i can play it on the pad if i feel like it. Right now, it is in both devices, and i do play it in both of them.

Ronin deserves a spot right beside Polara, Rayman Jungle Run, God of Blades and Punch Quest for the best side scrolling runner games.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yeah, wish I could try it myself.

7. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Wow, si much praise? I can't see it in the same breath as Polara and Rayman to be honest. It may be marginally better than gob. If it had a proper campaign mode then I would consider it so but not in its current guise. That's not to say its a bad game though.

8. Well, either Ronin or pudding monsters hd. Hmmm, well I will think about it tonight.

9. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Pudding Monsters hd won it for me.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    As E-P mentioned earlier in this thread, I wish Elements Defender had gotten a bit more attention. Besides the two of us, is there anyone else voting that has played this game?

I'm dealing with crashes on it (on my 3GS) and I still love the game.

Just a friendly word of advice for anyone who likes tower defense/action RPG, think the free version is at least worth a try. Maybe I'm just alone in having a blast with it.

11. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Don't know if it was just me, but in the free version in the middle of the mission, I had the banner ad pop up multiple times.. Then I deleted the game... Don't know if that was a bug or not though..

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yeah, that did happen occasionally to me as well. Not sure if it's a bug or not as it didn't happen consistently. But the free version was enough to give me a good enough taste of the game to want the full version (ad-free, of course).

Anyway, sorry for shamelessly lobbying for the game :). Just one of the better releases for me lately.

13. Well, it was an easy decision. Ronin looks great on my bigscreen tv hdmi. Pudding monsters is very hard to play on my tv. Since I play 90% of my time on tv hdmi, I like ronin better. And i look forward to the ipad retina upgrade, then it should look amazing on my tv. So I vote for ronin, plus I like the theme.

14. BulwarkStudios

BulwarkStudios Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Try to make good games ;)
    Angoulême (France)
    #54 BulwarkStudios, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    Arf, I read the topic instructions after voting and I can't find an unvote option.
    Please ignore our account's vote (I'm a new member!) !

(hum... really sorry, we don't want to cheat!)

(and to be honest we love Pudding Monsters too)

15. Wow, we got a close race between 4 games! Alright!

16. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    #56 DannyTheElite, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    If pudding monsters doesn't win then not a lot of people care about iPod 4
    Especially people who vote for Ravensword 2.which has no support for older devices at all.
    I will not buy it for my iPad mini even though I wanted it and it can run it because it has no support at all for older devices
    /end of slightly angry rant

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I have an iPod 4, and even I don't care about it anymore... =oP

18. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I sort of agree but I bought my iPod in August 2012 and it already can't run the best games...:(

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah... I think I'm a LOT more accepting of it because for one...

I got my 4th gen about 2 years ago.

two...

I've noticed that newer games have lagged since the last half of 2011, and had a while to prepare myself for the inevitable...

three...

I'm getting an iPhone 5 in about 3 weeks...

and four... which is probably the biggest reason why I'm able to brush it aside...

I own an iPad 2... which I'm expecting to start going the same route as my 4th gen in 2013... but it can still run every game in the AppStore. 2013 = iPhone 5... 2014 = iPad 4 (or 5... depending on whether or not they have refurbished 5th gen iPads available from Apple when I get my tax check back...) =oP

I know it's gotta suck. I know how much I hated it before I got an iPad... but then I started reaching into my backlog of games, and actually wound up loving a LOT of games that I wouldn't have played yet because of it. Here's hoping you're able to get a newer device soon(ish). =o)

20. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    You can't really blame developers, blame Apple for releasing weird configurations. They'll release something new without the power or memory to back it up, then a gen (or revision) later they release the same product with what the first should have had.