TA Forums Game of the Week! (May 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, May 6, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of May 2nd?

Poll closed May 10, 2012.
  1. Gene Effect

17.3%
  2. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

9.4%
  3. THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i 2012.

20.5%
  4. My Little Hero

36.2%
  5. DreamWorks Dragons: TapDragonDrop

0.8%
  6. Brainsss

3.9%
  7. Luxor Evolved HD (Full)

4.7%
  8. Robbery Bob

1.6%
  9. RPG Dragons Odyssey Frane.

1.6%
  10. Tractor Trails

3.9%
  1. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    It's a great little gem! Best puzzler in quite a while.Perhaps the whole of 2012 so far.
    It's a shame the poll is coming to an end because TT just got featured on TA and 148apps, etc...maybe that would have helped spread the word and get it more votes, but its not a big deal really. Everyone has their one opinion of the best game and I've almost never seen a casual puzzler win these polls.. Any casual games get bombarded x 10 with any sort of hardcore shooting games. Though I think "where's my water" may have been the first exception I've seen. (and I bet every addition of angry birds as well, but gladly I haven't been around to see that monstrosity unfold, I don't class a.b as a puzzle game so it's no puzzle win in my opinion)
    So any casual puzzler devs really shouldn't feel disheartened about not winning these polls..even dreamwork dragons is an amazing game that's getting a significant amount of attention and look how little voters it has! I hope someday more puzzle fans migrate here but most casual puzzlers aren't hardcore enough to actually talk about gameplaying, they just want something simple to play while waiting for the bus. So meh. It won't happen.

At first I couldnt understand why it was a big deal about My little hero devs getting other people to vote..I understand now why, as it's been explained. But at first I thought it was nice of them to give TA some publicity and maybe hook some new members..but I understand now..it's not the GA's choice, it's TA choice. But I've always seemed to miss that little detail.
    I certainly don't think they knew that either, or clearly they wouldn't have done it. So I wouldn't "respect them any less"..they are just doing the best they can to make it in the iOS world, which we all know is usually more about PR/ marketing rather then an actually successful game. And I admire their dedication to their project.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    soooo... has a winner been announced yet?

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Lol, yup, check the May 9th thread. And the end of page 1!

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ha, thanks... feel a bit retarded...

Great to see that Gene Effect got that many votes. I wanted it to win so badly, but considering the type of game it is, and what it was up against... I'm very impressed with the results.

=oD

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Lol, I basically just posted it. Updated the first post maybe 10 minutes prior. :p

Quite happy with Gene Effect too, it's a well-deserved second.