TA Forums Game of the Week! (Nov 15th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Nov 16, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of November 15th?

Poll closed Nov 22, 2012.
  1. Dream of Pixels

32.1%
  2. Gear Jack

4.5%
  3. SHADOWGUN: DeadZone

9.0%
  4. Micro Miners

15.7%
  5. Cubed Rally Redline

7.5%
  6. Slender Rising

9.7%
  7. Arranger

3.7%
  8. Coaster Crazy

11.9%
  9. Lazy Raiders

0.7%
  10. Real Boxing

5.2%
  1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Wish we could at least vote for 2 cause gear jack and pixels are amazing.

2. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Agreed. Based on the screenshots and the appstore text I thought it would be gimmicky. So glad I did give it a go. It's a really good game. And it even has a fun kids level! I just thought that that level of polish and care was interesting. I'm finding the game quite difficult though. That should be a plus for most members here, I'm thinking.

3. This has been a good week for me, lots of good titles that I have tried, and many more that look like potential.

So will go with the one I play the most which is Shadowgun Deadzone, a heck of a game graphically, and with multiplayer action, it is a lot of fun, come join us on the main thread and try it out cause it is a freemium title.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    It's probably at a disadvantage partly because of device support -- not those it truly doesn't support like the 3GS, but that even some of those "supported" seem to have issues from what I've read in the main thread. Of course, there's been plenty of IAP questions on it too, but I can't comment on that since I can't play it. I do think the fact that it only seems to run smoothly on a few devices, however, could be the reason why it may not do as well on this week's GoTW.

5. jptsetung

jptsetung Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Only 3 votes for Micro Miners ? One is mine so when you guys will remove it (as I read the rules after voting) this is only 2 votes. I guess the main reason is that Dream of Pixels is getting most of the votes this week. Not a lot of votes remaining for other games.

6. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Multi vote would be cool if you could limit it to 2 or 3 unique votes, my second fav for the week is down the bottom of the list.

Anyway, voted for Pixels.

7. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I played and IAPs are not required. The big problem to me is the unbalanced nature of the weapons. Shitstorm wrecks havoc really...and yeah it crashes 50% of the time on my iPad 2.

8. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Gots to be Dream Of Pixels. Just sayin'. :)

9. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Loved both Dream of Pixels and Micro Miners this week. Went with Micro Miners in the hopes it might end up in the top 3. Great to see Dream of Pixels doing so well.

10. Yeah, I just started playing this game tonight, so a little late for the party. But good fun game that I would recommend.

Great week, lots of great games, I got 6, so woohoo!

Congrats Dream of pixels!

11. DawnOfPlay

DawnOfPlay Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Thanks! So cool to hear that you like the game!! :D Thank you!

12. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia

Thanks, guys, thanks so much!

13. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    I voted coated crazy.

In all honesty, if dead zone would have not crashed on my idevices at the start up menu, I think that would be the game I voted for. But it wasn't. Life goes on.

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Voted for Micro Miners, quite a great take on the digging formula. So much love was put into this game it shows

15. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Dream of pixels wins

16. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Woohoo!! THanks, thank you guys!

Now excuse us while we go prepare a proper thank you post in our main thread under the beautiful new GAME of the WEEK badge!! :D

17. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia