TA Forums Game of the Week! (Nov 22nd)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Nov 22, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of November 22nd?

Poll closed Nov 29, 2012.
  1. Meganoid 2

13.3%
  2. Rage of the Gladiator

7.8%
  3. Bladeslinger Ep.1

27.8%
  4. Endless Road

7.8%
  5. Heroes of Order & Chaos - Multiplayer Online Game

20.0%
  6. Skylanders Battlegrounds

11.1%
  7. Sphoxie

4.4%
  8. 4NR

7.8%
  9. Motley Blocks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EnterNexus

EnterNexus Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    What happens when there are like, three 2nd runners up games tied? Do you include them all or do you just leave out the 2nd runner up altogether?

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    All of them will be included, in alphabetical order.

I only exclude games if, say, there are 3 tied but only 2 places left. Then I wouldn't include any of those 3.

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Voted for Meganoid 2!

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah, my vote went to Meganoid 2 as well. Fantastic platformer... though ATM, I wouldn't say that it's as hardcore as the first one. I know that it'll only get better with the levels that they're going to add in future updates. But still... ATM, it beats out every other game on that list that I've played.

5. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Heroes of order and chaos,it's fun even though I'm terrible xD

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #46 awp69, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    Tough week. Nothing blew me away. I'm enjoying Meganoid 2 and Rage of
    Gladiator - yet neither is taking me away from other games on my device. I gave Rage the vote by a hair just because it's at least a slight variation on the Infinity Blade formula with a bit of a Punch Out feel and some pretty original bosses.

Still, I like Meganoid 2, especially with the new tomb raiding style theme. Just guess I'm a little burnt out on micro/speed platformers.

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Meganoid 2 for me, though Rage and Bladeslinger are close behind, in that order.

8. Close race, who knows what will win. Kinda different from most weeks, when you could tell by now who would win.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Went with heroes of order and chaos.

Thing is, despite having server issues, I still try and try to sneak a game in or two, as the game just sucks me in like a black hole with all the wonderland thingies being sucked in with me.

10. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    #50 defred34, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    Has any game that TA rated 2 stars or below won the weekly poll? if not, be ready for it.

PS: It is weird that many people (me included) are voting for Bladeslinger despite it being broken in almost every way. On the other hand, we have RotG which is incredibly polished, great graphics, has a non intrusive IAPs, good controls, fair balance, depth and variation. Except for the graphics, Bladeslinger lacks everything else that RotG has.

Can those who played both games share why they still voted for BS? For me, on a personal level, it is because despite all that, I had fun playing Bladeslinger (which isn't really the case with RotG).

***Maybe this is just a bad week.

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Personally, I gave Rage of the Gladiator a go and didn't enjoy it much at all.

Of course, it might be my fault for trying it at 2 in the morning, but I felt they had overcomplicated the Infinity Blade formula. Even without the damning comparisons to IB though, I just couldn't get into it for some reason.

That's not to say the game is bad, of course. It's plain as day that there is a lot of care and detail there, but it's a game that just didn't work for me at all.

//also Bladeslinger and Rage of the Gladiator are totally different games from what I understand (I don't have Bladeslinger)

12. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    I tried Rage of the Gladiator too and found it quite bland. No spark to it for me. Deleted it

13. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #53 september, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    Yeah they're not really comparable, people will because they both do gestural combat but Bladeslinger and Gladiator are different games. One is about patterns, one is more about combos. They're both fun/not fun in their own right. I find the whole swipe and button thing cumbersome on an ipad personally.

Apparently Gladiators is a Wii port that predates IB. Here was me thinking it was an IB clone.

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Thanks, it was released late I know, thats why nobody voted for it, maybe... but I meant that Endless Road wouldnt get my vote if Ninja in Barrel was on that list :p

15. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    4NR takes my vote.