TA Forums Game of the Week! (Sep 5th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Sep 7, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of September 5th?

Poll closed Sep 12, 2012.
  1. Wild Blood

10.9%
  2. Super Hexagon

18.8%
  3. Blood Roofs

19.8%
  4. DRAKERIDER

29.7%
  5. Avengers Initiative

1.0%
  6. Monkey Slam

2.0%
  7. Twang the Fox

8.9%
  8. Infinite Surf

3.0%
  9. Infinite Warrior

5.9%
  1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Damn, you had to go there. Hadn't paid much attention to Twang the Fox, but now that you threw in Raccoon Rising, guess I'm going to have to get it.

What are they paying you? :D

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha... You're gonna love it!

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I second that.

About Super Hexagon:

Overrated Hype that does not deliver enough Content to be even mentioned with any of the other titles this Week.

Hell even McPixel from last Week does have more Content then Super Hexagon and that one already had less Content then some of the other Games last Week.

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #44 TheFrost, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    Ok Its low on content, sort of... Try unlocking Hyper Hexagonest.. but its brilliant level design, production values and execution surpass every other title this week and many other weeks by far, also, have a bigger lasting appeal than the others, and replayability. Also, its above the sea of clones we see every week, without IAP,... a perfect example of the perfect iPhone game, in my opinion

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The productions values of Super Hexagon surpassed Drakerider's? o_O
    My Game of the Week is Drakerider, but Blood Roofs is great too.

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    If Drakerider was as simple as Super Hexagon, how much time you think youll be playing it?

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Probably not too much, but idk. This week I only bought Drakerider and Blood Roofs :D

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I spent over $50 this week and came up with a good list of games. Only 1 sort of disappointed me even if it had great potential, but the dev is about to submit a new build to apple with tweaks (FlyingDaggers). Bought pretty much every good title that came out, even the not-so-good Scorching Skies.

I didnt get Huebrix, Super Hexagon, VS Racing or Little masters, so i couldnt comments on those.

Pretty much my top 3 list stays strong...
    Drakerider
    Blood Roofs
    Infinity Warrior

One of the most difficult weeks for me to choose a GotW. I havent voted yet.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hurray! Infinity Warrior just made it easier for me to decide my GotW by pulling a "free-after-3.5-days" stunt.

I still like IW, but my GotW choices now will have to be between Blood Roofs and Drakerider.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #50 awp69, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    Glad I got to try Infinite Warrior due to the pricing mistake (probably would have gotten it eventually regardless), but I still have to go with Blood Roofs. Getting wayyyy addicted to it.

EDIT: Changed wording so that there was no implication of shananigans with IW since it was indeed a pricing mistake. Sorry!

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... Blood Roofs is killing my time right now, even pulling me away from completing Drakerider. But having a jailbroken device means everytime i open the app all upgrades are gone, until the first update which will fix this.

Blood Roofs is plain fantastic for a runner game, I just love every moment of it. I sometimes run into glitches but that doesnt stop me from playing the game.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I based my decision on how much i enjoyed the games while playing, and the time i sank into them... TADAAAAA! Picked Blood Roofs as my GotW!

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Guess I shouldn't have voted so early... Twang the Fox got my vote, but damnit, Blood Roofs has eaten my freetime... I just can't put it down. though I don't think my one vote would really make a difference considering Drakerider's votes..., but... =oP

Hope it sticks a 2nd place spot.

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yep, I'm loving it to. Great to have a behind-the-back runner that has more depth to it, amazing graphics and gameplay in a tidy package. Good race for second between it and Super Hexagon. Blood Roofs FTW!! (or at least 2nd place)

Can't judge Twang the Fox yet....crashes on my device. Hope they fix it soon.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This was a great week for releases. Infinite surf and Super Hexagon are the only ones i werent able to buy from this week's top list, and everything else is above average at least, with Blood Roofs, Drake Rider and Infinite Warrior just making the week enjoyable for me overall.

This week of Sep12 isnt looking too good and i've only got 2 games which 1 was free, but not as good as the best ones from the Sep5 week. Even with new purchases, my top 3 from Sep5 week are still what's taking turns on my phone's screen.

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow, that was a close race for second. Glad to see Blood Roofs get some attention. Outstanding game.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im glad Wild Blood got some attention. It isnt the best game out there, but it sure is one of the better ones. I bet if the game wasnt made by gameloft more people would give it a thumbs up. It's just people expect too much of gameloft, or gameloft just gets thumbs downs from gameloft-auto-haters.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    +1. I agree. It's a solid game. Not incredible, but definately a good hack n' slash. And agree that if it wasn't a Gameloft game it probably wouldn't have been bashed as much.

19. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #59 Echoseven, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    [​IMG]

First place: DRAKERIDER, with 29 votes.

Second place: Blood Roofs and Super Hexagon with 19 votes each.

Third place: Wild Blood, with 10 votes.

Congratulations to all the winners!