TA Forum's Pick for 2012 Game of the Year! *** LAST CHANCE TO VOTE ***

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Nov 19, 2012.

?

Vote for 2012 Game of the Year? (Devs dont vote for own game please)

Poll closed Jan 10, 2013.
  1. 10000000

6.0%
  2. Bastion

15.0%
  3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

2.2%
  4. Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour

12.7%
  5. Punch Quest

11.2%
  6. Ravensword: Shadowlands

13.9%
  7. Rayman Jungle Run

5.6%
  8. Swordigo

9.4%
  9. Waking Mars

3.7%
  10. Walking Dead: The Game

13.5%
  1. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Gridrunner
    Mikey Shorts
    Need for Speed Most Wanted

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow, only three? With myself and others having trouble narrowing it down to even 10, you must be pretty sure of yourself to narrow it down that far. Must admit Gridrunner is by far my favorite Jeff Minter game.

3. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #223 tops2, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    I just went through my excel spreadsheet of games I've purchased and thats the list I came with. Yeah..there's been a bunch of really good games, but those are my top GOTY for myself, even though NFS:MW is so new..

I guess my main criteria for my GOTY is if it stays on my ipod and/or ipad. There's other really good games too, but if it doesn't stay on my ipod, for myself, its not on my GOTY unless its really memorable for me.. I think my Gamecenter list of games is decently small, and are the main games thats still on my ipod. I usually delete games as soon as I'm done with it, and don't really consider those games to be my GOTY.

The honorable mentions goes to:
    Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot
    ARC Squadron
    Cthulhu Saves the World (not sure if it counts for this year since the original PC game may be older?)
    Spectromancer
    Inferno+
    The Bard's Tale (another older ported game)

That said, I probably need to go through everyone's list though to see if there's any other games I've missed. ;)

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I have already counted your nominations.

5. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Could you select the later one instead,if its posible??I want to spread-out the genres of my nominations..If its not much of a bother..:)

6. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Sorry but I can't do that. The rules are clearly posted on the first page.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Very safe and cookie cutter list :)
    Unforch it wont be counted anymore.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    In all honesty, i wish there were at least 2 runner games on the GotY finalists. It's one of the genres that will never get old, and has received so much variants from aspiring devs old and new alike.

9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Punch Quest and Rayman Jungle Run will probably be on that list due to the sheer amount of votes they are getting :)

10. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    1. waking mars
    2. polara
    3. dynamite jack
    4. eufloria
    5. dream of pixels
    6. fieldrunners 2
    7. GTA Vice City
    8. ski safari
    9. monster flip
    10. modern combat 4: zero hour

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I think (and hope) Polara makes it in there as well.

12. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Ops forgot about that one, and nominated it too, Polara should be in the poll

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah... Anyone know of we can change our nominations? And if we can, when the cutoff date for changes is?

I totally forgot about Ski Safari...

And in all honesty, if Ronin was released a couple weeks ago, I think it could have made my top 10 list... Right now, I don't know how it'll hold up over the next couple weeks... But it's definitely a favorite of mine ATM.

But generally, runner games don't really stay on my device for long... Even Rayman... I 100% beat it, deleted it, reinstalled it after the content update, beat the new levels 100%, and deleted it again... It's not something I'm going to go back and play after 'completion', and that seems to be the case with every other runner out there... Except for Ski Safari... And most likely Ronin. Those are two titles I could see myself playing over and over, even after getting 100% completion and all that...

Anyway... Im guessing the reason a lot of runners didn't make it is that lack of desire to go back after competing them that quite a few people have... Most games on my top 10 list are all games that I've completed, at least once, and have gone back and replayed, and intend to replay through again after that. If a game can hold me like that, it' what I consider the 'best of the best' - again, in MY eyes...

So... There's my explanation. =oP

14. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    BREAKING NEWS: The rules are STILL in the first post. Followed by a post with all the current nominations I've tallied.

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #235 awp69, Dec 24, 2012
    Thanks for the tally!! One thing I worry about and I think it's just natural is that a lot of more recent games are getting votes ....possibly due to the fact that they're more recent in memory.

One of most nominated games so far is Ravensword Shadowlands - I'm not saying it may not be worthy, but with reported bugs and the fact that it actually has less votes in the GoTW thread makes me wonder.

I just think a lot of people forget about some of the releases earlier in the year, which would be ashame.

Anyway just a thought.....

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #236 syntheticvoid, Dec 24, 2012
    Sorry for being a dumbass...

If it makes any sort of difference.... The OP was hidden because u were on my ignore list....

17. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    @Void Would you recommend me Ronin? After mentioning it next to Ski Safari I cant resist asking...

18. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I'd have to say yes... It's so simple, but incredibly challenging, and has a great leveling up/skill/score multiplier system that will keep you coming back to it over and over again....

19. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I'm pleasantly surprised that Swordigo has as many nominations as it does, seeing as it was released pretty early in the year.

I know some will say that once the game has been completed there's not much incentive to play through it a 2nd time, and I'd agree with that. But damn if that first play-through isn't something special.

20. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Thanks it will be my first christmas present :D