Table Top Racing [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nburcombe, Oct 19, 2012.

1. filton

filton New Member

Jan 24, 2013
    nburcombe are you the guy who made wipeout on playstation?

2. nburcombe

nburcombe Well-Known Member

#62 nburcombe, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  3. nburcombe

Thought I'd share our splash screen and signature image

Hope this works...last attempt at some images were way too big. If anyone knows what the best size is for forum let me know. This is 800x600.

[​IMG]

4. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The game is looking great! This is top of my app shopping list for next week. (by the way, the ideal image size for the forum seems to be 833 pixels wide)

5. nburcombe

Thank you so much Candykiller! :)

6. nburcombe

For those of you with an inherent fear of Facebook.....

...Ill start posting the vehicle releases we've done so far.....starting with...

CAR#1 Whippy Kai Yay!

[​IMG]

The first vehicle up on the announcement grid is the super cool 'Whippy Kai Yay' ice cream van! If you're thinking slow moving, kerb crawling, child hazard then you're way off the mark. Tuned up, this baby’s fast as a suped up Ferrari on a country road and takes no prisoners with it's eye catching half melted ice cream splat atop the roof. With beefed up combat armour it can take a pounding better than some, so if you see this bad boy creeping up on you, better move aside or you'll have a missile homing in on your rear end faster than you can say “Two Neapolitan sundaes with rainbow sprinkles, raspberry sauce and double frosted wafers please!'.

7. nburcombe

Car #2 - Hippy Bathday

Surfs Up Dudes! Today we’re exclusively revealing the second car from Table Top Racing and it’s called ‘Hippy Bathday’.

[​IMG]

This totally awesome passion wagon has come straight from La Jolla beach with a California Long Board strapped to the roof and a sunshine paint job to ensure your winter blues are instantly turned to summer smiles and good vibrations! You’ll be carving through the field in no time riding... sorry, driving... from one sweet racing line to another, the rest of the field will be fish food in your wake so hang on tight, this car’s one automotive Surfin Safari you wont want to miss out on.

8. nburcombe

Car #3 - NamGang 4x4!

Hey Sexy Lady! Car number three is called ‘NamGang 4x4’ and boy does it have bags of NamGang style! In bright pink, this converted army jeep catches the eye more than any other vehicle in Table Top Racing!

[​IMG]

It possesses serious upgradability options and packs a powerful punch dancing round the circuits with it’s own unique brand of NamGang combat racing. Rumours are that a certain South Korean rapper already has five different variations of this vehicle in his garage, expect to see a rash of copycats on the road within the next few weeks…

9. nburcombe

Detail you say.....here's a screen grab (scaled down to 833 width) direct from the iPhone 5/iPod touch 4th gen.....apart from the logo I added ;)

[​IMG]

10. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Shut up and take my money!

11. nburcombe

#71 nburcombe, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    We love and fully endorse Futurama!!!! :) @sweetdis That actually made me laugh out loud. There should be a recognised internet thingy of 'LLOL'' rather than just LOL. 'LITERALLY' being the first L. Normal "LOL" is used all over the place when I'm not actually lolling at all. ;)

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    To say it looks sweet would be a massive understatement.

Loves the names of the vehicles as well, whippy kai yay in particular. If John McClane doesn't pop out the top using a range of expletives while firing two handguns.... Well that's how I'm gonna picture it anyway. :)

Hippy bathday has some real nice alloys though.

As sweetdis (and Futurama) puts it so well, shut up and take my money. Now.

13. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Haha, that show is one of my favorites! I thought about using the picture of Fry also but didn't want to distract from the lovely TTR pictures.

Any chance there will be a car resembling the Planet Express ship? : ) Maybe a big green mobile coffee truck called "Planet Espresso" or something...

14. nburcombe

Who knows - I think once we're out and looking to extend we might do a voting system for additional cars. You guys can help shape it ;)

15. nburcombe

Just a note on the wheels......there are "normal" wheels that every car comes with, but there are also special wheels that all come with a useful gameplay feature. I won't go into them now, but each wheel has a very useful trick. Typically the "feature" they come with renews ever lap and gives you an advantage in the race. They may seem expensive to buy at first, but if you play the game for a while, you can discover the best strategy to make money and then they don't seem too far out of reach. The first set of wheels you can get - the "Bling" wheels are a good coin accelerator. Every drifting sliding corner yields coins - even through slides don't do much for your speed, so you have to know when to be smooth and when to drift. However if you're out in front and fancy a bit more flamboyance in your driving, the Bling wheels can make it worth while. The other wheels - all do very different things and we'll go into that as we continue to talk ;)

16. nburcombe

Great news folks! Table Top Racing has been approved at the app store :)

Release is still scheduled for the 31st of January. I'll keep you posted this week, but you can expect a flurry of activity. :)

17. Gl3n

Gl3n Member

Dec 2, 2012
    This is a great game, i was lucky enough to do the beta test. It is my favourite game on the iPad and i'm looking forward to more multiplayer when people have started to download it, roll on 31st.

I personally think this will easily be a top 10 game given the way it plays and the enjoyment factor. It has a certain factor that is missing in some games these days and you want to actually play through all the championships.

It reminds me of similar games from the Spectrum and Amiga era's. anyway i hope those that are looking forward to it enjoy it. I think it is great and want to get a bit of multiplayer in :)

Gl3n

18. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    I've been curious... what will the controls be like exactly? I think I remember reading some article a while ago that gave me the impression they were slightly unusual. Something other than the typical "slidey steering wheel", "tap left or right side", and "tilt" controls. I could be making that up, though. Regardless...

Super, super pumped for this!

19. Gl3n

Gl3n Member

Dec 2, 2012
    It is tap left/right or tilt.

Tap left/right works really well for pretty much all modes of gameplay. I struggle a little on the "turbo" stages where you have to pick up turbos and press a key to use them. More fingers and thumbs problem for me.

The power up button is below the tap left/right, maybe an option in future would allow the power up above the tap left/right. Not a big thing and does not distract from the excellent gameplay.

You will enjoy this game for sure :)

20. Timmybaz

Timmybaz Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Uk
    Editors choice!

Will be game of the week or editors choice or whatever it's called for sure! I can't wait to see this on my iPad!