Universal Tactical Soldier - Undead Rising (by Full Control ApS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    What will happen if I die? I restart from level one or I restart the level I died in? And when I restart the level after I died, do I regain all the ammos and health I used ASIC I'm replaying the level or I lose all health packs and ammo I used before I die?

2. VarmintCong

VarmintCong Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sweet, but reminds me I have to finish the 1st campaign.

IMO, this kind of game is only good if it's very challenging, otherwise it would be boring. In fact I found it a bit slow for the 1st few levels until it got challenging.

3. blikstad

blikstad Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Freelance artist and game developer.
    Uppsala, Sweden
    You can turn it on/off at any time, basically only thing it does is it make the zombies harder.

4. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    You'll get the option to either restart from the beginning of the level, or from the latest "checkpoint" in that level (if you passed a checkpoint).

Restarting the level will get you whatever items you had when you started the level, restarting from the latest checkpoint will get you whatever you had when you passed the checkpoint.

5. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    The first few level in campaign 1 are a bit slow, yeah. It ramps up from there, campaign 2 should prove to be quite difficult actually. :D

6. Rivozzz

Oct 6, 2009
    How many levels on campaign 1 and on campaign 2?

7. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    First campaign have 7 levels, second one has 6 (but the campaign 2 levels are bigger and take much longer to complete).

8. Derrick.yap

Derrick.yap Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Will stats and equipment be carried over?

Firstly, let me say that I really love your game. Its one of those few games that I've kept it on my iphone and ipad in anticipation for new updates. I was really looking forward to trying campaign 2, and thought that I replay campaign 1 just so as to refresh my memory of the story. I have also spend a little bit more time to invest the skill points for my team and thought carefully which equipment I would love to carry with me. After playing campaign 1, I was really excited for campaign 2. But to my horror, my team was stripped of almost all the equipment (except weapons) and my stats went back to all 1! I was really disappointed that I did not even try to finish mission 1 of campaign 2. Please tell me that I have miss out something so that I can bring my equipment and stats over?

9. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The iAP is a little on the high side, basically saying that the second campaign is an entire new game... I hope the iAP goes on sale at some point.

10. Rivozzz

Oct 6, 2009
    I agree. I think 2.99 is good.
    The game is tooopp notch.. One of best games you will ever play on iOS . Only draw back is the little replayabilty and kind small game... But it is awesome and is a must..especial at halloweeen. Awesome but small

11. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden

Yeah, we had to make a very difficult decision with that, we knew not everyone would be extremely happy about it. But let me try to explain our reasonings.

Basically we had two choices. Either we reset to "default" values when you start a new story, or keep the old stats and weapons and have a HUGE trouble balancing everything.

In the end we decided to reset to default setting to give you - the player - the best survival turn based experience possible. We can now balance it from the same starting point for everyone instead of leaving possibly thousands of players frustrated with having leveled the wrong skills in campaign 1. Worst case it would mean someone having to replay campaign 1 to survive campaign 2.

So basically, we picked among two evils, and decided to go with the one that would make for the best gameplay, rather than the one that would piss off less people. :D

So bottom line, there is nothing wrong with your game - its fully intentional to give you the best gaming experience.

12. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    There IS as much content (if not more!) in the new campaign as there is in the first one... so, in that sense, it is a new game. :D

These are things I normally don't talk about in public, since there's usually not much to gain for anyone from trying to argue about the price of things... :D
    But I'll make an exception;
    Our (long term) thinking is actually that what we'd really want to do is make the first campaign a bit cheaper than it has been in the past, so more people get a chance to play the game in the first place!
    And then make up for that with the second campaign costing a bit more.

But the short term plan is that the sale on the game will end soon (but you still have a little bit of time! so hurry!) and then we're going to sit down and evaluate things. As said above though; plan is to rather lower the price on campaign one than two...

13. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    There's a bug in the mission in Campaign 1 where you have to protect Ray while he's fixing the elevator. After this mission, Ray's lost all his allocated skill points (i.e. he's back at level 1 for everything). Probably due to removing him from the party and then reassigning him.

14. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Uh-oh. Sounds serious. Will make sure it gets looked into. Thanks for reporting!

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

I would much rather the 2nd campaign go on sale because most of your fans have the first part already..... people will probably slowly trickle into getting the 2nd campaign but some will also still be trying to finish the first lol

16. tidusboi

tidusboi New Member

Oct 30, 2011
    im stuck at mission 2 of campaign 2 !! i killed off all the zombies and see this woodcutter guy but i cant seems to advance anymore !! help anyone ?

17. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    If you approach the logger he should turn into a zombie.

18. LordAshram

LordAshram New Member

Oct 31, 2011
    A question...

I was playing the first campaign and won. I then went on to the 2nd campaign. However, my guys eq wasn't what I wanted... I am pretty careful about picking up and putting down gear, but since the first campaign ends in the middle of a fight, each guy didn't have the gear I would have had them walk out of the level with. So, I reloaded the last checkpoint in the first campaign, won again with my guys holding the correct gear (gotta keep that chainsaw!) and then went onto the campaign... But again they are equipped with the wrong gear (sniper rifle, m60' and m4.). What am I doing wrong?

19. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    See my message above; #331

As said in that post, yeah; we know some people won't be too happy about the fact that equipment isn't persisted between campaigns, but we had good reason to do so.
    Hope you can forgive us. :D

20. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I can assure you that many people WILL be happy and that it was the correct decision to make. I enjoyed the first campaign but, never finished it.

Unfortunately for you the voices you will hear are the loud minority of forum users who by nature like to complain about... well about everything.

Thanks for this though. Its great to know I can get back into this game without having to grind.