Universal TANKOUT (by Hassey Enterprises, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by philhassey, Jan 31, 2017.

1. ggallin

ggallin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    Great game!

Maybe a level ranking or a rate system could be a good idea, my favourite level is WAR

2. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #42 repapermunky, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Dodgeball

Hey guys, I've created a sort of "dodgeball" zone/game at the map: Dodgeball. I'm also going to be creating another game map soon that I have an idea for but don't have a name for the game yet. I'll post that when I'm done creating it.

Credit where credit is due: The Dodgeball map is based off of Liam's "Team" map.

3. ggallin

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    I create SXE map, a favs map feature could be great!

4. Liammagoo

Liammagoo Member

Feb 2, 2017
    It's times like these you wish there was chat

(escape is looking pretty cool, I enjoyed labyrinth also)

Attached Files:

5. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    Yeah man. Two huge things that need to happen before anything: Chat and an ability to let others build with you. Then there will be room for tons of other improvements!

6. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Agreed.. THIS will make this game take off..

7. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    Okay guys so I've created my other game. I've placed it in the map titled "Versus". It was a great idea for a game... until I hit a bug? Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

The idea of it was this: there's two teams, and walls on each side. The floors are made of metal, with a trigger near each teams respective respawn point blocked by said brick walls. Upon break down the brick walls and reaching the trigger with a shot fired, one teams side would be entirely demolished and respawn, where they could then "reset" the floor and game.

The problem I seem to be having is that once the floor is activated, it doesn't stop. And I'm not sure how to fix this. It's just on a continuous loop until nobody is in the map and it resets. I've tried using both triggers and wire, but that didn't work either. Maybe someone else has an idea? Check out the map, you'll see what I mean.

8. Liammagoo

Liammagoo Member

Feb 2, 2017
    #48 Liammagoo, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    If you watch the steel carefully, you'll notice that the last blocks that get activated 'loops' the entire thing. This is due to how steel blocks react. When a steel block turns into steel floor (and vice versa), they instantly become 'dormant' and can be switched again instantly. When the middle block is switched, it continues the flow to the other dormant blocks that are around it.

I've attached an example fix which should stop the infinite loop. Use rubble, wood blocks, hearts or fireballs. If you need to reset the world at any time, use a 'Goal' block.

Attached Files:

9. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    #49 repapermunky, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Thanks Liam! I'll try that out now. And thanks for the 'Goal' tip. That's a great idea, didn't even consider using it like that. See you in game!

EDIT: That worked all fixed. Versus is good to go.

10. Liammagoo

Liammagoo Member

Feb 2, 2017
    #50 Liammagoo, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Shoutout to Tehe's world PIT. One way entrances and a pretty cool spiral layer keeps you on your toes

Also, I've found that the loop reapermunky discovered can be a use as a 'power storage' of sorts, allowing for infinite uses with just one press of a switch. I have an example on TEST, where you can constantly power the metal block by only touching the switch once.
    This could be used to bypass the turret limitations, and allow more turrets to be used for combat instead of powering.

11. philhassey

philhassey Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Hey, thanks for everyone's feedback. I've been busy with some other projects but I'm going to be doing more work on this one again. Seems like review feedback has been mostly positive, but I've gotten a handful of reviews with comments like:

"First, the controls could improve some more, because I had a bit of a hard time in steering the tank. "

"The controls are without a doubt the worst part though. Not having an optional control stick is an extreme hinderance, and adding it to the game would increase enjoyment in the game tenfold."

"The game is great but the control pad is annoying."

I was wondering if anyone here could give me more insight as to how my controls are not "the greatest ever" ... ? I'm not quite understanding what is wrong by these reviews. If there's a particular game I should check out for better control concept, I'd appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks!
    -Phil

12. Liammagoo

Liammagoo Member

Feb 2, 2017
    The only thing I had an issue with was the fact the centre moves with you instead of staying in one place. If I put my finger on X and move three centimetres to the left, X would follow me and I would move right if I were to brush my finger the other direction, which is rather simple to do on a small phone.

Perhaps make multiple control options?

13. ggallin

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    #53 ggallin, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    I think the controls are ok.

A couple of suggestions:

* Tab with the ❤ maps.
    * Posibility of organize partys with x players and timer when the game starts when the party is full.
    * When I edit a map in a section of metal with moviment is imposible, maybe a way to stop all moviment of the map to edit and test in solo mode.
    *I think the in-app purchase of coins is ok, but the extra hearts no help to the equity of competition, maybe a couple of extra cosmetics for the tanks or the bullets is a good idea.
    * Pre defined messages or a little list of emojis like #### in-game may be great.
    * Powerup in game of autofire and extraheart.

Sorry for my english, i hope u understand me #

By the way, I love the game!

14. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    Just a note: I miss when this game was a thing.