Tankz... out soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by seonr, Apr 22, 2009.

1. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Wow, I just found out how hard it is to video playing Tankz while actually trying to play and steer. Either I was going out of camera, or I was not steering well to keep in frame! How grueling! :p

Anyway, I have just finished making a video of Tankz and am uploading it to Vimeo, so I can share it here for all to see!

Tankz is now going through its final testing phase and will be going in for submission next week!

I will post a link as soon as the video is uploaded!

2. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    #22 seonr, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
    As promised, here is a gameplay video of Tankz v1.0. Its now feature complete and ready to rock. Final testing is taking place this weekend/Monday and it should be ready for submission next Tuesday!

http://www.vimeo.com/4307448

Can someone tell me how I can embed this video into this post? I can see others have done it, but when I try to wrap
    HTML:
     tags around the EMBED code from vimeo, it doesn't work :( Or is it only youtube I can embed, and not vimeo?

3. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Ok, I put it on youtube! Not as nice in terms of quality compared to Vimeo, but at least its embed-able now!

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    How long till this is submitted? I'm highly interested:)

5. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Nevermind, I read the post and am now looking forward to it being submitted maybe by Tuesday. Thx

6. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Game Developer @ Ezone.com
    Perth, Australia
    Looks great Seon! Can't wait until this comes out!

7. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Hey, thanks Simon :)

8. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Hi does this have any multiplayer? and also hola simon!

9. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    No multiplayer, just single player against AI.

10. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Looks like it could be fun, i eagerly await its release :)

11. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Ok, just a quick status update. Tankz is complete and ready for submission.

It is however not being submitted just yet as I am in negotiations with a publisher that I may choose to represent it.

This will hopefully be ironed out within the next few days, so its just a short delay :)

In the mean time, just an extra bit of news about Tankz v1.0

You can now have your own music playing in the background if you turn off the music option in the games options screen. This seems to be a regular requested feature for all games now, so I have included this in the release build of Tankz to ensure those that don't like the Tankz music can choose to listen to whatever they like :)

Also, just to spill a bit about what is in store for future Tankz updates, there will of course be more levels and enemies, maybe a power-up or 2, and a new campaign level system for people that want a continued game play experience rather than per level gameplay.

12. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    #32 seonr, May 1, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
    Ok, second update...

We are still waiting to hear about our publishing deal!

Good news is I have not been sitting idol during the wait, but instead added some v1.1 features into the v1.0 release version. ! Woohoo!

These features include:-
    • Tracking of shooting accuracy %.
    • Tracking of number of enemy units killed, broken down by Towers, Tanks and Mines
    • Splitting the high scores ladder into easy/hard with scores list filter (rather than 1 mixed ladder)
    • Tankz now saves scores locally if no internet connection is found during it's score saving routine. Then, on each launch of the App, if local scores are found, it tries to re-submit them to the online database. Yes, this means no matter where you are and when you are playing, you will never lose any of your scores due to lack of internet connection at the time of save :)
    • Vibration option for when taking damage
    • More size/footprint optimisations

We have also started work on the next update (thats how excited we are about the game) so I will post more on that in the weeks to come!

Also, I emailed the TA guys about doing an exclusive review of Tankz pre release on Appstore, but have heard nothing back (I know they are inundated with emails).. so if you want to get their opinion on the game before release, give them a shout out and help me get their attention to get a review up!

Cheers :)

13. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Ok, so I finally have some great news about Tankz!

Tankz has been picked up by Chillingo, under their new Click Gamer publishing brand and a final build for App Store submission has just been delivered to them!

I know it has taken a while to get this happening, but getting a publisher on board for me for my games has been very important.

Having Chillingo publish my games allows me to spend my time working on new games and content rather than splitting my time between development and marketing, and I am sure you would all agree that more content = happier you!

Look out for more details shortly from Chillingo/Click Gamer!