Tap Studio 2.0 is Coming!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DropDKeith, Dec 7, 2009.

1. williaaaam

williaaaam Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Student
    Scotland, UK
    no

for example,

I download from itunes: Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
    Friend downloads from limewire Kings of Leon (Remix) - Use somebody

but labeled as normal use somebody. They upload to servers, i download. The songs are labeled the same, but when i download theirs and play on my tap studio, the beats would not be in sync!

2. Sajak

Sajak Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    You misunderstood what I said. When you download the taps, you get the song that goes with that taps, so you don't need to have the song to download it. Like I said before, it's just like downloading songs on Tap Tap, you don't have to have the song on your iPod to download it from Tap Tap, and it's the same way here.

Anyway, I just downloaded the 2.0 update... I'm still debating over whether or not I'll get the DLC. I mean it is certainly justified (people are paying $3 for 6 song packs on TTR3), but for some reason I just don't see this kicking off because of lack of interest from a community.

3. DropDKeith

DropDKeith Well-Known Member

If songs are not labeled consistently and correctly, then this can indeed happen.

We've done some testing between iTunes purchased songs and our own MP3 rips from CDs with excellent results.

We attempt to detect when songs don't match up and give you the opportunity to match it with the correct song in your library. You can also choose to visit the iTunes store to purchase the song if you need to.

We will monitor this situation and work to improve it over time.

4. Sajak

Sajak Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Looks like I was wrong. :p

5. DropDKeith

Hope you like the update! We just got news that it was approved.

When you download a song tap from our online vault, you are only downloading the taps, you provide the actual song. We don't trade in songs, so it's different than TTR.

Same thing for uploads and sharing, you are just uploading or sharing the taps, not the actual music.

This helps to make for some quick uploads and downloads. :)

6. Sajak

Sajak Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    So after playing with the update some, I'm very impressed. I'll mull things over before I take the plunge, but is there anyway that it would be possible for you guys to tell us just what is uploaded (or perhaps how many have downloaded the Pro version)? That'll give me an idea of what I can expect from the PRO version.

7. DropDKeith

Thanks for the positive response!

We're excited to see how the database grows and plan to keep everyone informed.

We hope to see a great community of taps develop!

8. williaaaam

Sep 13, 2008
    Student
    Scotland, UK
    sure, ill no doubt be giving a 5 star review for the free version anyway :) could you possibly give us some idea of progress with uploads and stuff?

Just wanted to say thanks for your continued responses Keith, i have so much more respect for individual devs who communicate well with their customers :) it may even compel me to buy this in support :D

9. chedita

chedita Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Professional ipod gamer
    where you live
    great new update I played a little bit last night and loved it.

10. DropDKeith

Thanks for the positive responses guys!

So far we've had over 200 song taps uploaded in the last 20 hours. Off to a great start!

Here's the official release thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=36587

11. longbeach

longbeach Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    longbeach
    mad thing. just updgraded to this pro shit and i have to say that it's worth every single penny i spent on it.

the app store needs more creative developers like you!

12. williaaaam

Sep 13, 2008
    Student
    Scotland, UK
    good songs?