Universal Tap! Tap! Faraway Kingdom (by Dinocooler)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Feb 12, 2016.

1. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Btw I'm encountering a ridiculous amount of lag in this game. Is anyone else facing the same issue ?

2. FrehleyzComet

FrehleyzComet Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Foreman
    Pennsylvania
    Me!! I was just going to post about this.

3. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I think that Faraway Kingdom is on a faraway server...

4. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I still find this can be laggy from time to time. It's nowhere near as bad as having the equipment that spits out coins for every attack over a short time. Having a couple of those set and the game is running about 1 FPS at times.

5. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #25 Son of Anarchy, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Go to settings and switch on 'low performance mode'. All your laggy problems will magically disappear.

I'm finding this to be my favourite clicker by far, and I'm pretty picky. It's been one of the only games that's managed to divert my attention from Crashlands besides Dungelot 3.

6. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Nope.. Doesn't work for me. Still very laggy

7. pseudoart

pseudoart Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Somewhat laggy on a 6s as well. I like it, though. I find progression to be much slower than most clickers (should we call them "tappers" on mobile? Seems wrong ;))

8. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    New update came out.

There's a new hero. Costs are rebalanced, which got me to unlock Sister Theresa for the first time.

There's a new relic that speeds up the walk speed of the heroes by 50% per level. It's very expensive to level as each new level costs 10 times the one before it. Level 5 has a cube cost of 100,000. I really love how that speeds up getting to the next enemy.

9. FrehleyzComet

Apr 25, 2013
    Foreman
    Pennsylvania
    Any idea how to obtain relics? I keep getting the solid red gem thingies, but none with the yellow line through them that are needed for the relics. What is the purpose of the all red gem thingies too?

10. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    You would need to 'Withdraw' then anything won on the current run becomes spendable.

11. FrehleyzComet

Apr 25, 2013
    Foreman
    Pennsylvania
    Thank you!

12. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    The grind gets rough going for that final hero. I've read that gold relics really need some levels spent. I know I'm not anywhere close to breaking that wall when I can barely get past the 1300th floor.

Extra enemy gold chance really comes into play later on with tons of equipment owned. Thanks to some speed runs every now and then, I've got half of the heroes equipment. It's not laggy like the game had been before, and the gold adds up instantly when the equipment bonus is in effect.

I really enjoy the game and this is a fair freemium game.

13. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    Just dropping my impressions. This is a truly fantastic clicker. Pacing is great, tons of different resources at feed into each other, it actually has an end, and IAP gives you a fair permanent boost with a reasonable price.

Saw people had a couple complaints in the previous versions about lag or not having anything to buy diamonds with, both of those issues seem towable been fixed.

14. Iceberger3

Iceberger3 Well-Known Member

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    update

Ive been loving the new update with the accessories and spirits. I highly recommend saving up for the blue spirit. The thunder makes clearing levels much quicker

15. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I agree that makes things a lot easier so I don't have to constantly tap. Spirit of Light is what I've been leveling to skip the early levels. The other two really only come into play once I can't one-hit enemies anymore.

16. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    merc gear

Does anyone know if all of your merc gear provides a bonus, or is it only the piece you equip on them? There's no way to tell based on the stats and if you only benefit from one, seems like you'd need to be careful about what you're spending diamonds on...

17. indalico

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    The first gear choice for each merc is worth up to 10% DPS bonus. Switching to something else will result in a slight DPS loss.

18. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012