Universal Tap Transcend: Rebirth (by Inner Hero)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Inner Hero, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inner Hero

Inner Hero Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    #41 Inner Hero, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    I just realized the videos I posted the other day had no sound, so I wanted to show you some of the sound effects we have been working on. We have some original music tracks that go along with the game as well, but I am keeping those for when we release our first real trailer video. This video is just highlighting the sfx and animations.

In this video you can see some different weapons being used, as well as certain buffs and heals. The ships I equipped are a little over-powered like the earlier videos (but then again what's the fun of being a developer if you don't give yourself 'god-mode' :D )

Let me know what you guys think or if there are any questions.
    All this stuff will be in our next beta build! Be sure to PM me if you are interested!

2. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    #42 Inner Hero, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
    After one of the longest weeks of my life (there's still 2 days left?), I am glad to announce that we finally completed our internal testing and content selection for the last beta build of TT: Rebirth! The build is currently in the beta review queue which tends to go pretty fast from experience, so expect the new build very soon. We will post here the second we hear news about the build going live.

I am also glad to announce that we finally have an 'unofficial' video trailer:

We hope the review process is fast, and you guys can get a hands-on experience of the new combat system. Our work never ends here, we are already on path to the final steps of our project. We made sure to give the beta as much of the game as possible, but we are still holding a few secrets till we launch our product. Our unofficial release date is 4 July 2016 (a semi-realistic goal).

We hope our second beta is as successful as our first, and hopefully get some more feedback to help us mold the final product.

Thanks!

3. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    #43 Inner Hero, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Our new beta build just went live!​

To everyone that already signed up, you should be receiving your e-mail shortly. To anyone else that wants to join in, now is the best time! I am pretty sure you will need to delete the old app as our database was still conceptual in the first build, and we had not started a true versioning system yet.

We hope everyone (in the US) is enjoying their long weekend, and happy Memorial Day!

As with our last build, please report bugs or suggestions here. We are very open to all forms of feedback. We still have a solid month of development left before the game is complete, and we would like to add in everything and fix everything before we launch!

Thanks!

4. Pyapiopi

Pyapiopi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    #44 Pyapiopi, May 30, 2016
    Downloaded it a few hours ago and almost to getting the space ship. Cannot wait to test out the new features. Love all the new power ups and the random space ships that appear.

Would like to ask when does Transcend become available. It doesn't say anywhere.* nvm it appears after you finish your first ship battle. Lots of fun by the way

5. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    #45 Inner Hero, May 31, 2016
    Pyapiopi - thanks for the quick feedback and good question about transcending.

You will be able to transcend for the first time when you beat your first mission in the story of the red tab. Once you have transcended.. you will be able to re-transcend each time you build a new space station.

Our tutorial which will become an integral part of the story is one of the few things we are keeping secret till the final game, so apologies on any confusions without the tutorial. Please ask more questions if something is not apparent, it will help us to fine tune the tutorial system!

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on the turn-based combat system!

6. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014
    So facing my first big glitch and hopefully it doesn't require me to restart.

I transcended, played normal and got to the 3rd tab where you create your world. My ship finished upgrading some parts so did the first mission again. Finished and now the third tab is blocked out as if I didn't unlock it and the world is back to a early stage. But my Elements are all still unlocked. So now I see no way to progress.

Tried restarting the app but got nowhere. Still broken.

Just as a note the world went back to the stage where it is just a bunch of green pixels being sucked together.

7. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Oh no. It sounds like you might have found our first critical bug here. I am trying to see if I can recreate with the scenario you said to try get to the root of the problem.

Lucky this is what beta testing is all about. With our 2 man development team, some of these things can slip the cracks. I will let you know what I find out, and if anyone faces the same problem please let us know.

Thanks Pyapiopi

8. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014
    #48 Pyapiopi, May 31, 2016
    Hope you are able to recreate it. If it helps I'm on 9.3.2 with a 6+.

Also better indication of new missions in story mode would be smart. I had no idea about the planet with a new mission until I accidentally slid up on my screen.

* edit

New bug. Reinstalled and played through. Transcended, crashed and game restarted at level 1. Gave me the GP bonus but no heirloom. This is either a glitch or are you not guaranteed a heirloom everytime? My population was smaller the 2nd time around so not sure if that influenced it. But if I was supposed to I'd recommend changing it so instead of giving you the heirloom, a button on the side (similar to the roulette) appears once it's restarted giving you the opportunity to pick a heirloom.

9. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    #49 Inner Hero, May 31, 2016
    Pyapiopi - you might be the best beta tester ever.

The second bug you just reported.. I already fixed. I received the crash log and instantly fixed this problem. You should have a new heirloom choice each time you transcend. We will consider putting it as a side button like you suggested, this might not be a bad idea.

As for the first bug you reported earlier... that is another monster. My team has tried to recreate it all evening with no luck. Since there was no crash report, I had to think hard about what could have happened. My best guess is that since our database interactions are multi-threaded to increase responsiveness of the app, there might have been a race condition that resulted unfavorably in your case. What I have done is gone back through our database service class and enforced stronger thread locks to prevent this from happening again.

To the comment you had about the space map needing more work, that whole scene is still very rough draft in this beta. There is still a lot to be done with it, and there will be a notification system built in.

Thanks so much. We thought we tested thoroughly to have a 'bug free' beta, and it's amazing how new sets of hands always find some new problems. This is our first project we have ever beta tested with, and we are so glad we decided to do it!

10. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014
    Well, somewhat bittersweet, I reinstalled and have now transcended twice (almost to my third transcend) and that big game breaking bug hasn't occurred again yet). So while that's good, it also will make it harder to fix lol.

I'm absolutely loving it. Having a blast with every part of it. Balance is wobbly but that's ok. Fix some bugs and finish making all the different parts of the game and worry about balance later. It's not awful balance.

11. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014
    #51 Pyapiopi, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Just wanted to add a few things and add a few questions.

1. What are fabled gear components? I have two of the same heirloom and I can't figure out what it is doing for me.

2. GP is absolutely useless end game. As soon as you hit #.##xe21 you never need to worry about GP. No ship part cost anything substantial at that point. And KP gain is so independent of what you can, since you can't influence KP gain at all outside of heirlooms, there doesn't seem to be any decent way to leveling ships outside of not transcending for days on end. Just to gain the KP needed.

3. Any other ships planned? I have all 3 ships, one at level 3, 2 at level 2 alrdy. Loving the ship gameplay but it would be cool to eventually see new ships.

4. Something to use EXP for. Once your ship hits
    Level 3, which not takes 250 exp total, it's useless. Something to use it on will be cool.

5. Medallion of Responsibility is broken. Supposed to double GP capacity but it didn't do anything. * edit - it does but it doesn't adjust the number under "current" on GP growth.

12. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    #52 Inner Hero, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Those are some great questions...

1. Fabled gear components are going to be required items to turn ship equipment into fabled gear. You will need to have at least one of each of the 3 different components to turn any equipment into a fabled one. Fabled gear is the highest upgrade to any equipment, and it is only obtainable through transcending and collecting the right set of heirlooms. The equipment upgrades structure goes: gray -> white -> green -> blue -> purple -> fabled. You can only get up to green in this beta build, so I guess fabled components aren't useful in this beta.

2. We really did not put much thought into the costs of the ships and ship items into beta. We really just wanted people to get the ships as soon as possible, so we could debug any problems that were found faster. GP will still be used throughout the ships. Some things will cost a lot more than e21 (maybe e50?).
    KP is a resource we purposely left as a time-only resource. We wanted there to be somewhat of a control to growth. We also have this as a strategic choice it seems you have already had to make. Transcend now for heirlooms... or do a KP growth phase, and transcend after your current goal. We do plan however to have daily PvP rewards. Each day you come into PvP, you will gain rewards based on your current rank and KP will be tied in.

3. Of course! We actually have 10 ships already. Each having its own set of special moves and unique stats. We will probably launch the game with 10, and potentially add more with future updates.

4. Currently XP is only used for ship upgrades. In the beta, we capped the ships' level upgrades to level 3. In the final game there will be 10 levels to each ship that get progressively harder to reach. We are even considering prestige-ing individual ships (but this might be an update in the future).

5. You are right with that. The medallion heirloom should double your capacity, but it looks like I forgot to update the label in the table to reflect the heirloom's effect.

We have fixed every bug that has come through so far, so hopefully we fix everything with this beta.. and we might just have to push one more beta build before the game launches to the Appstore.

It really means a lot to have people help us with building this game the right way.
    Thanks!

13. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    #53 Inner Hero, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    TA,

I wanted to let everyone know that we are getting very close to the end of this project. Tap Transcend: Rebirth will be on the Appstore very soon. We are on the last sprint of development. We are also deciding to do 1 more small beta round soon with final testing, and then the app will be ready for launch. It has been a while since we showed you guys something new, so we decided to make a quick teaser of our space map. We have definitely added a few more locations since the previous beta build. What do you guys think? We plan to have more maps in future updates, but the base game will come with 150 missions which should keep everyone busy for a while.

Each location has 3 difficulties, and each difficulty drops increasingly valuable items. We are also pleased to announce that we have the PVP server up and working. You will be able to collect daily rewards in PVP depending on your current rank.

We will keep you guys updated as we approach our launch date in the near future...

Thanks!

14. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Happy 4th of July everyone!

We just wanted to give an update that we are on track to have a global launch for Tap Transcend: Rebirth on July 14 (next Thursday)!

15. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Yeah, awesome! Can't wait!

16. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014
    Just want to give you a heads up before launch, the new TestFlight update cause the game to crash upon starting everytime. iPhone 6+ newest updated

17. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Pyapiopi - do me a favor and delete the old app version before trying the new one.

Let me know if that works thanks!

18. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Thanks Duranki!

This is by the far biggest and longest project I have worked on, and it is quite an anxious moment for us.

19. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014
    #59 Pyapiopi, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Yep that worked in playing again. I like the shop items. Very friendly and a great way to support you guys.

Couple questions though.

If we log in to Facebook now will our data be saved for release? (Doubt it but hopeful)

Will friends/rank provide any gameplay value eventually?

20. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Thanks Pyapiopi.

The double tap and triple tap are stackable.. but then the Taptastic is no longer available and vice versa. This makes Taptastic the better deal to get 6 times tap.

Unfortunately we are going to wipe the online database when the game launches globally to give everyone an even starting point.

The rank system will definitely be beneficial to you. When you log in to PvP everyday, there will be a reward you get comprised of KP and chronospheres. The higher rank bracket you are in, the higher the reward. We made the top brackets have a very big daily reward.

Facebook friends for now will help you get the Friends achievements. We are considering in the future to have daily rewards you can send to friends, and eventually we might setup a trading system with resources and items etc.