iPad Tapper World Tour by Warner Bros [v1.5]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KoolKing, Mar 16, 2011.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just had an email back from the devs...

"Hi

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We have already deployed a patch to Apple; we are just waiting for them to push it live. It should be out tomorrow. Please let us know right away if update 1.01 does not fix this issue.

Thank you,
    WB Customer Service"

So fair play to them for sorting this out quickly, was worried in case it would take ages.

151 meg i dont think is bad. Obviously its because of all the amazing graphics by Don Bluth so I personally think its worth it.

Its a very basic idea but has a lot of nostalgic memories for many of us into gaming in the 80's. Classic MAME game, but yeah, good point above, its like a Game/watch style game.

I normally prefer the original games untouched but i think theyve done a great job here re-doing the graphics as the basic gameplay is the same but with a few extras

2. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    this game is superb! highly polished retake on a classic 80s arcade game.

at sale price its hard not to recommend to anyone, whether they remember the original or not.

3. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    This game is actually 411mb once expanded and installed. Way too big for a game this simple. Deleting this one now.

4. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    I agree. I don't judge my games by how much fun they are. I only judge them by how much space they take up.

Books I judge by how many times the author uses the letter "w".

Anyone want to guess how I rank movies?

5. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    @ psj3809.... Funny...i finally downloaded this game after work...and guess what....i am having the same issues as you have...;):p

Well.... i have to wait after the update before i can play this game.... :rolleyes:

6. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    I can't even get to the Warner Bros. icon. Is it designed for later iPhone models? If it is, you'd think it would be impossible to put it on a first generation iPod Touch.

7. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Great game, working fine on my iphone 4.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Frustrating isnt it ! But i must admit its good they seem to have solved the bug straight away, hopefully it wont take long to get to the App store.

Didnt realise how big the game was but again its due to Don's superb graphics.

I'm glad i didnt write a 1/5 review at the App store as theyve been quick to solve this huge issue

9. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    Same problems here, no game choice options between bartenders either. I pad version of mine keeps crashing too. Waste of money in retrospect.

10. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    The game is an incredible recreation, with the hired
    help of one of the best animators ever of a classic
    masterpeice. GG putting down the game because it
    takes up too much space on your idevice. LMFAO.

WB didn't just crank out some POS crap remake,
    just like we got with Double Dragon for $4. They
    hired a world class company to come in and help
    them do it right. Then on top of all that, they let
    everyone experience it for $.99!

But yeah, let's whine and complain like it was a
    $6 game! /worldssmallestviolinforyou

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #31 psj3809, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
    Regardless of price I think some of us can moan when it won't even work on a fair few machines

Yep and that world class company did a 'great' job with the release as many people cant even play the game !!!

Did they not beta test it on an ipod touch or the latest iOS ? Ridiculous. I've bought over 300 games the last few months and i've never had this problem. Its embarassing.

The only 'plus' side is they seem to quickly be releasing version 1.1 which i hope will be at the App Store soon.

But you make me laugh, 'world class company' ? In this instance they've embarassed themselves but yeah thank god its only 99c

12. kenkin34

kenkin34 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    When will it be released in Asia? I can't find it in itunes so far......really want to play :(

13. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    Yes...i whine and moan due to the fact that the game at this moment is totally unplayable for me.

Doesn't matter if it's 0.99$ or 99$.....the app just does not work. :mad:

14. squiredog

squiredog Member

Mar 17, 2011
    ...But it IS an issue for a game that is effectively a polished MAME game to be such a massive file size when you're running it on an ipod touch 8g..

I deleted it for the same reason after purchasing. Its not like its got the animation of Bluth's Space Ace..

I think its shoddy programming TBH. There's no way this should be >50mb tops.:eek:

15. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    If you really have issues with file size, there are larger memory capacities. Maybe you should've invested in a more upgraded model. This game is amazing. It was an instabuy the second I heard about it! This is the arcade game that inspired development of Plants vs Zombies, my favorite game ever!

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I can see both sides, yeah the filesize is huge which is a shame but on the other hand it does 'seem' to ooze quality.

When i got into the iOS scene i had a 32 gig ipod touch, filled that up very quickly so i bought the 64 gig (only 12 gig left ;)

I hate de-installing games even though i can re-install them quickly. Either way Tapper for 59p is a bargain (when working !)

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    What? I don't remember anything about Tapper that strikes me as having anything to do with Plants vs. Zombies. Or was that a joke?

18. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    You couldn't be more wrong.
    If you think this is a "polished" mame game then it's apparent you've
    never even played the original before or the remake for more than a minute.

It's apparent the people complaining are using "dated" idevices.
    My advice to you is upgrade or manage your small amount of space better.

I won't argue with the others that installing the game on a brand new idevice
    and it not working for some reason is unacceptable. I'd be bent also, but once
    again, WB already said they caught it and patched it, just not in time.

19. squiredog

squiredog Member

Mar 17, 2011
    I have Street Fighter 4 on my ipod - its a massive file - but its got fmv in there , LOTS of characters and LOTS of animation.

I'm just saying that , yep its a good game and its very pretty to look at , but the file size is way too big for what it is. (gameplay-wise it IS very much a Game and Watch style game as someone on here has already suggested)

I have the original tapper on mame and its less than 1mb. You telling me the graphics are making up the other 150mb for the IOS?

20. squiredog

squiredog Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Ooooh - you've hit my raw nerve there, sunshine.

I grew up with these games. As a child of the 80's I would spend hours on this stuff. Tapper , Qbert etc..
    Even Mr Bluth's Dragon's Lair..

This is my point...

Enlighten me. WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL?

Why is it NOT a "polished Mame game"?

And I playedit till it crashed. I couldnt go much further.:eek: