Universal Templar Infinite crusade - Mix of RPG, rogue like and strategy elements.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Dr_Nachin, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Im really looking forward to the leaderboard update! With so many leaderboards i expect i'll basically be able to compare my entire build to others

2. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Thanks for the code.

Had a quick shot of it being going to bed. It's definitely got the "just one more game" going for it.

So far I'd recommend having tool tips or something for the upgrade screen unless I missed something. I couldn't get information on what I was upgrading until actually spent the gold.

3. Dr_Nachin

Dr_Nachin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Thanks for the feedback. Promo codes available

Hello Dunan, a few folks have mentioned the quick tool tips to give more info on the skills in game and during level ups. Almost everyone has said it has the "Just one more game" feeling so that's good. I will see how I can integrate a quick tool tip to provide info during the game and during level ups.

Hope you are enjoying the game. Please play some more and provide some feedback later.

Any thoughts on a free lite version that limits skills to 50 or 60 and then directs the user to the full version if they liked the game? Might be easier to reach more people that way.

Got more codes to give out. All I need is feedback. Please let me know if you would like one.

P.S. if you enjoy Templar please vote for us in the touch arcade game of the week poll. In second place with 6 votes :D. here is the link:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=249924&page=2

4. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Promo codes

Have a few codes left. Once the next update gets pushed they will be worthless. Anyone wanna grab one? Would just like it if you post feedback on the forums.

5. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    More updated critters

Here are some more updated images.(humanoids mostly) please post your thoughts.

Still have some codes available. Currently tied for FIRST PLACE in the "Game of the week" poll. that's INCREDIBLE :D. Thanks for the support.

6. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    New creature Images

Hello all. Here are two more updated monster images. I am extremely happy with the artist current speed, so we might have the new graphics by Mid January :D
    Leaderboards patch is still "Waiting for review".

Have more codes to give out. Just post here in the forums.

Attached Files:

7. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Few new backgrounds.

Here is a sneak peek of what the backgrounds will look like. Artist making great progress. Please provide feedback (Like/dislike). If you want a promo code Post here.

Attached Files:

8. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    It was my vote that tied ya!!
    Neener neener neener! he he
    Good luck!

9. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Thnaks for the support :D

Hope you are still enjoying the game lavender(Hope you fell better after your injury also). Leaderboards should be added this week as the patch has been submitted for a week now and its an average of about 9 days for review.

I could not be happier with our standing in the "Game of the week poll". Tied for first is crazy against so many other great games jejej.

Got more codes to give out. Please post here if you would like a code. Just want you to post feedback here.

P.S. monster modifiers are gonna end up pretty sweet. Now there will be a % chance for a monster to have a modifier. Some raise one or more monster stats(and rewards), other lower them making slightly easier(but also lowering the reward).

10. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Couple of new images

Here are two updates for ice based creatures. Ice golem and ice beast. I would like to believe new art is coming along nicely.Please post thoughts :D

Attached Files:

11. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Promo codes available

Here are three that can be grabbed by anyone:

FN4PYPMW33RA
    9WA9Y7FFATX7
    6EMAYRRFKTRN

Got a few more promo codes available. Please post here if you want one.

12. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    I used the middle code (thanks for that!).

First impressions - it feels like Sword and Constitution (Health) are more important than anything else, at least until they reach costs of 100 or higher.

This almost encourages a "brainless thug" approach of swing your sword, sell everything you see, live long enough to boost those stats, repeat.

Not sure what could be done to encourage a more strategic "proper" approach, though. Maybe a bonus each time you use proper tactics (shielding yourself from magic damage against a magic-using foe).

Or a cost penalty if you repeatedly focus on the same couple attributes (which would diminish and fade when you make your character more well-rounded). But then you'd lose the ability to try things like "how many deaths would it take before a Hawkeye-like character could survive long enough to reach the 40th room?

13. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    #93 Dr_Nachin, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback Laire

Hello Laire, Thanks for all the feedback. I do not level my own character evenly as there are some skills which I feel are more valuable than others, sword, health, armor, dodge, and will power I think are the most important. Morph is the least important but having extra morphs can really help you in long crusades, as turning traps and poison into usable items goes a long way. I think part of the fun is just that. Level what you think you need.

How many bosses have you killed? Since the crusades get longer and harder after each boss kill, leveling sword and health is just not enough to get far in the mid game.Most folks don't get very far without properly putting some points into the other skills.

Leaderboards will sure help see how is doing better and what their skill set looks like.

It might me a nice idea to give out a gold bonus when you properly use the shield and barrier, maybe turn the would be damage received into gold as a bonus. Will see how hard that would be to implement.

Also selling stuff is greatly encouraged in the early game until you think you can either take out the boss for that run, or if the ever increasing distance bonus outweighs the item sell bonus. Getting far in a run rewards you tons of bonus distance gold. It really ramps up in the higher difficulties, so getting farther does reward the player properly.

Again thanks for the feedback, the bonus gold on using skills correctly is a good idea. Please play the game some more (assuming you like it jejeje)and tell me what you think as you progress farther. Also the most important question. Are you enjoying the game?

14. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This looks really intriguing, I'm up for a code if they are still available.

15. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Hello there ;D

Hello code sent Via P.M. Sorry it took so long to respond, was rather busy yesterday.

Please post feedback here. Reception has been pretty positive, but I do need more exposure.

Here are two more updated images. The leaderboards patch has been waiting for review for over a week now. Assuming a 9 day average response time from apple the patch might hit tomorrow or the day after.

I will be providing a LITE version of the game once I have the new graphics . 100% free but with a level cap so anybody will be able to download the game and try it out before deciding to purchase.

Attached Files:

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    If you still have a code to spare, I'd love to try this game out and leave my impressions!

17. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    First is the new graphics and after that will come the animations? or together?

18. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    My first impression of the game is that the framework is fairly solid. The game sort of bridges the gap between a runner and a light rpg/roguelike. Right now the experience is held back a little by the upscaled artwork, which I'm glad to see will be update very soon, and the UI is too homogenous. Everything blends together since most of the text is in the same font as well as the same size. This can get particularly exhausting while trying to parse the log or enemy/item descriptions.

I haven't delved too far yet but I'm looking forward to more random events with traps and such, those really spice up a run. Also, I have yet to find any way to restock my spells, arrows or shields. Is is simply not possible to restock them during a run or is that event very rare? And like a player posted above, I felt like I was playing a melee class that sometimes dabbles in archery and magic. It would be really cool if there was an option to diversify into a bow or magic heavy class. It could even be as simple as picking a number of perks before each run that change the number of arrows/shields/spells you can bring into the run.

All in all, the game seems to have potential and I hope once the UI and artwork are updated it is able to achieve that potential.

19. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    #99 Dr_Nachin, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    Hello all thanks for the feedback:D

Hello all, Greyskull sending over a code via PM shortly. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Ramzarules, I will update the images and add them first before adding animations. I think the graphic overhauls will drastically improve the experience. If I wait to add animations also , it will take a long time before they are added. Just me and an artist here :D so we are trying to work in the most efficient way to improve the game. Animations will be added but later on.

Sapphire_neo Thanks for the feedback and the compliments. Believe me when I say this I want to add as much variety as possible to the game, but being my first game I could not include all the ideas I currently have (and they are plenty, believe me), as they would take too long to implement. I would definitely add classes either later on, or on another version of the game, but at this particular time, that is out of the scope of the current game. You kind of hit the bullseye saying he feels like a warrior that dabbles with magic/archery, as that is the idea I had in mind for this game. Mainly bashing stuff with sword, and on particularly difficult encounters you whip out the bow or magic. Again, I am building this game in a manner which makes it very easy to add content, so more cool things are on the way.

As far as gameplay there are ways to replenish your arrows, fireballs, shields, heals, etc. Let me list them here:

Rings(rare) Immediately grant you and extra skill use (the skill you get depends on the ring)and also have a small % chance per move to add and extra skill use(arrow, fireball, shield, etc). There are rings for all active skills EXCEPT healing.

Shrines(rare), are great risk reward encounters. Many have you sacrifice certain skills for others, such as sacrifice heals for a chance at fireballs, or shields for arrows. Each shrine is different, and has a different cost/reward.

Items(common), such as bows or shields, ALWAYS increase your skill and have a % CHANCE that increases with your skill to give you and extra skill use. It is base 5%, and goes up from there when your skills are high. As en example lets say you find a bow and your bow skill is 10, you have a 5% chance for an extra arrow besides the skill buff. If your bow skill is High, say 100 or so the chance increases from 5% to maybe 7 or 8% can't remember the exact number but it shows up in the log.

Besides planned content will add more ways to obtain resources. Might add a wandering merchant you can the gold you currently have for stuff, helpful humans, and other encounters.Legendary items and other buffs will also grant more resources.

thanks for the feedback and I hope you are enjoying the game.

P.S. the dragon and minotaur say Hi :D

Attached Files:

20. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Promo code

Here's a free promo code anyone can grab:

TEWNJHEA447F

Only have ONE more to give out until the leaderboards patch that has been submitted is approved. If you would like it please post here. Just want feedback:D.