Universal Temple Run 2 - (by Imangi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 16, 2013.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    And each time you jump Sonic turns into the sphere and can jump on enemies and platforms and can even make combos... Sega, please make this happen... we even have the name for it.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sonic Run would be impossible to play. How can you react if sonic moves 3x faster than Temple Runners?

3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, I'm seeing a bit of lag on my iPad 3, but for me, the controls just aren't that responsive. Too many times I'm at one of those 90 degree turns, swipe left or right, as it were, and fly straight forward off a cliff! Or swipe down to duck underneath, and hit a bridge with my head! I like the windy paths here and new elements, but if it doesn't control well, what good is it? Deleting this.

4. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Doesnt need to move that fast, just like in TR2 including the super speed with some blur and were set

5. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    I'm really happy with the game and gameplay. I really thought adding a second currency would be an IAP-heavy game ruiner, but it's actually surprisingly generous and the game is fun without it, while leaving the IAP for people who want to speed things up. Being able to pay for a higher score does make the leaderboards a joke, but all runner leaderboards are horribly hacked anyway so it doesn't matter much.

It does run choppy on my iPad 3, though, and I hope they optimize it a bit. I had no problem with the controls, but when you get to top speed it makes it a bit harder to keep up with what's going on.

6. shinbone64

shinbone64 Active Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Overall too laggy to play on an iPod 4g, not really a fan of runners on iPad either.. But the draw distance is pretty bad as many have set. Hopefully updates can fix this, but it's not good in its current state.

7. KiwiRed

KiwiRed Active Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Christchurch, NZ
    Unimpressed. The occasional control glitches on my ipad2 were frustrating (no, I didn't swipe to turn, I obviously wanted to jump off the cliff-edge. again.), and the game itself just doesn't bring anything interesting to the genre. Back to Run'n'Gun.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I used 7 gems thinking i could break 10M but i came up short! Damn you little-platform-in-between-two pitfalls!

Now I have to try the mission again soon. I hate to waste 7 gems just for 1 mission.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    What's your max distance? Mine's about 11k using 1 gem, 10k without.

10. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Annoying

a minor annoyance i found is the font used for the "2" its not of the same quality as the word temple run.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    16k, 7 gems used. Dont know how much my longest was without a gem.

12. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    My best is 19k with 3 gems and a score of 4.8 million

13. junkyardheart

junkyardheart Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    #173 junkyardheart, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
    Power-ups?

Could someone please tell me the power up associated with each of the unlockable characters? And what do I do when the power meter is full? Is it a passive effect or do I have to activate the power up? Unless I missed it, none of this was addressed in the tutorial and I've not found an instructions page. Thanks!

14. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Powerups are time limited. You'll need to double tap the screen to activate it once the meter is full.

15. MrPenguin9

MrPenguin9 Active Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Does the "Coin Doubler" also raise your run score? (i.e. double the points you get by coins?)

Thanks
    Tyler

16. Drewskii

Drewskii Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    When power ups are powered up with gems is that effect permanent or only temporary?

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Temporary

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I know i said i was gonna drop TR2 but somehow i still get back to it for my runner fix.

19. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Same here... cant stop playing it.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Which is what made TR great.

I gave it a 4 on the appstore, because of the improvements and not much of a flaw added in terms of game experience.

A missed star for the imbalanced leaderboards (through IAP-bought gems), and the nothing-much-new in terms of gameplay.

But overall still an addictive and good title that controls and plays well.