Universal Temple Run (by Imangi Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Once you have purchased the wings, double tap on the screen and they will appear. They will only last for a certain amount of time though....but if you die while wearing them you'll "ressurect".

2. Cupcakegurl

Cupcakegurl New Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Thanks, how do you head start?

3. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Buy a head start, then at the beginning (very start of your run) tap the little arrow.

4. ASFx

ASFx Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Can someone the purpose of invibility and boost? Doesn't boost just make it easier to die since you're running so fast?

5. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    boost runs for you; you don't have to move during boost since the computer controls your character for whatever distance. invisibility allows you to walk over open spaces and through trees, however you still have to turn.

6. ASFx

ASFx Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Ok that makes sense. Thanks for your help.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I like this game a lot, but I tried it on iCade and I'm not feeling that much at all. The game plays better without iCade. Which is fine, of course. Maybe you can get use to that control scheme, but I don't know. There's a lot finer control of your left/right positioning via tilt. Tilting the iCade would be a bit cumbersome. ;)

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #228 LordGek, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
    Yeah, the key though is to jump in to take back control the SECOND he stops blinking.

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just noticed this was about to become the top grossing game in the AppStore. Holy shit. Looks like going freemium was a great business decision. Congrats. Grabbed it as soon as it was out, and it's still my favorite endless runner besides JJ.

10. MitchNied

MitchNied Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    Insanely Addictive game, had me hooked for the last few days. What are your guys best scores? Currently sitting at 3.3 mil is this good?

11. Dmaster555

Dmaster555 New Member

Jan 5, 2012
    You have the recognition, everyone loves it. If you make a part 2, with maybe scenery changing after a certain distance and a few new features and charge .99 cents for it, you will be a millionaire. I bet you that.

Don't let any cheap people on here convince you otherwise.

12. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Addictive and fun. Unlocked all power ups and three characters with no money spent. My high scores Over 4 mil!

13. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Played before this got popular. Got a score of over 7 mil. Saw myself in the top 100. Deleted it and now I'm still in the top 200 :p

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Now the top grossing game on the AppStore. Crazy shit, and congrats to Imangi.

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah, when you mix a freemium done well and casual game that anyone can love and play, you've got a winner.

16. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Thanks everyone. We're beyond thrilled with how Temple Run is doing, obviously. Who would have imagined?! So huge thanks to all of YOU for playing and spreading the word!

We keep hearing stuff like "everyone in my high school is playing it" or "everyone on the metro is playing it," but we still have not seen it in the wild (we don't get out much). That's the next milestone :)

Currently working on the Android port and some more cool stuff for iOS updates!

17. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Come to my high school... you'll know what everyone's talking about. There's also a glitch that's exploding lately. You go in the tutorial on any of the turns you swipe 3 times really fast and your guy will run on a endless path with no obstacles. All those high scores you see on the top 100 most likely aren't legit. You can also find videos of this on youtube. If you do patch it don't mention it in the patch notes or else probably no one will update it.

18. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #238 lord-sam, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
    Man, that's annoying to hear. I worked so hard in Beta testing it to get near 3million... and as soon as it was released, hundreds of scores beat it by ten-fold!

19. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Yeah people I know just leave there iphones and ipods on all night playing temple run so when they wake up they have 100 mil+ points.

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah all my friends have Temple Run and now Jetpack Joyride also :) They don't buy apps like I do so it's something big for them.