Universal Temple Run (by Imangi Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    That will be even better but I dont mind paying a couple of bucks either. The game is pretty cool and I really enjoyed it except for the tiny screen on my iPod. And not really a fan of 2X mode on iPad either.

2. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

That would be a fantastic update!!!:D

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Ok, I really dislike runners - well known around here.

I really dislike consumable IAP that is created to artificially inflate a high score - another thing people know about me around here.

Got those two things out of the way before I said I LOVE THIS GAME! I dunno, there is something about it, its charm, its uniqueness amongst the genre, the small incremental goals you must meet - SOMETHING has got me hooked, line and sinker. For real.

I don't even do well at TILT games and yet here I am tilting my device away and loving it! So Imangi has successfully hit upon all my gripey areas in a game and transformed me into a believer! WHAT A GAME! I have had to tear myself away from it a few times in order to actually work, or, write this post. I have this feeling that as soon as I hit post my next move will be to go back to the game.

IAP are COMPLETELY optional - I am collecting (even with my novice runner abilities) plenty of coins for the upgrades. Let's face it, we live in a want it now society. Too many people are impatient and won't work for things. Should a dev NOT try to satisfy those that are impatient and add some "bonuses" to hurry things along? Sure they should. And if people want to hurry the game along is it the dev's fault? Of course it isn't.

So all in all, this is one great game - especially if it can win over me, a non runner genre lover, consumable IAP disliker, tilt-a-phobe!

****The views, opinions, positions or strategies expressed by the author are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect nor attempt to represent "fact."

4. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Its because of its polish, quality and just the love put into this game by Imangi. The game is amazing. It is my favourite casual game on the iOS.

5. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Your taking words out of my mouth now. But seriously, this game does hit all the spots just right, and I actually like when games include upgrade systems since it gives me an incentive to keep playing and hopefully continue to marginally improve my score.

6. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    I have a feeling Max Adventures might not have sold as much as Imangi wanted to, but if it's true they need not fear for their latest outing -- this one shows immediate and near-universal appeal.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yea this is just amazing endless runner, who cares of doodle jump when you got Temple Run?!

8. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    #48 gwet17, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    I guess I'll be buying this, then, with such overwhelmingly positive impressions! :)
    EDIT: Yeah, it's easily the best casual high-score game on the app store. By far. Well worth the price of admission.

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    So other people on TA can have contrary views without being flamed? :confused:

Hey look, hell froze over! :D:rolleyes:

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Huge fan of endless runners, surprisingly, and this is no doubt as good as it gets for the genre on the iOS.

11. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Here is another vote for an iPad (Universal or not) version of this.

12. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

+1 for the iPad version, I really enjoyed the game! Universal or not I don't even care, I want an iPad version plz!! :)

13. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

14. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Sep 15, 2008
    @Sanuku Nice Video! How did you take the video with the screen still when you have to tilt to play?

Thanks for all the kind words folks, it means the world to us that you all are enjoying the game. We spent a lot of time making this game and put a lot of love and care into every detail. Talk about a good feeling to see all of these positive comments!

We're working on the first update right now. It's likely going to be a quick one to fix a few minor launch bugs. We've got a few more objectives and achievements that we'd like to add too (we'd love some suggestions if you guys have cool ideas for objectives).

An iPad version or universal update is something we'd love to do, but it won't make it into our first update. There is quite a bit of additional effort involved in making that work, and we likely won't be able to focus on that unless Temple Run for the iPhone and iPod touch is a big success.

Be sure to tell all of your friends to get Temple Run!!!

Thanks!

-Keith

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Great game Keith. I think you have another winner. Good challenge, not frustrating, excellent control scheme.

I'm playing on 2x on an iPad and it looks great. I too would love to see universal, but it's great as is.

16. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    +1 from me to for the iPad version this game it's awesome!!!!!!

17. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Im Number 2 Im Number 2 with 4mil+ :D

18. mommagamehouse

mommagamehouse Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    CEO
    india
    @Keith - I think he has used display recorder.

19. amigoni

amigoni Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Italy
    @Keith.
    AwesOme work on The Controls and vanto at. Balanced challenging and inviting. I just want to play more and more. Fun game.

20. DestroyX

DestroyX Active Member

Sep 2, 2009
    France
    Best game on iOs since Tiny Wings.