Universal Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin (By Microsoft Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    :eek:This looks GREAT...definitely buying (I watched less than half of the trailer,and was sold)

2. sortvind

sortvind Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    i was in a could be after the screenshots, but the video is awesome..wait..this is not universal i guess.. hope it looks good upscaled

3. sortvind

Sep 13, 2012
    it is universal, brilliant!

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wondering this also. Just need to know how much total $ I need to have tonight. Anyone get this yet know the answer?

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #25 TheFrost, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    Bought! Its 183mb, 473 once installed, universal, has screen rotation, can turn off sounds and or music.
    No GameCenter: it has achievements but inside the app only, not any social integration at all
    IAP: There is a Survival chapter for another dollar
    Had to restart my iPhone before being able to play... iOS6 NOT jailbroken

And then it begin... first a video, then the first level, and its awesome... its very polished, you tap anyhere to make a tentacle move to the desired location to stick to, then the other legs, and its really fluid and fast to move actually, at the end of each level you are awarded a star for each objective completed (Collect all, dont die and no harm taken, speed or others), music and sounds are nice, has a techno beat? (not really an auditive person), looks like retina resolution, there are video scenes, graphics are gorgeous on a iPhone 4, it loads pretty fast too...

This game is amazing

6. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #26 TheFrost, Oct 4, 2012
    Played more levels and its getting better and better, there are challenges inside levels which you can repeat if you die, there is current, and well I just shut up.... Buy it

7. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Support iPhone 5 4-inch screen?

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Anyone playing this on a 3gs? If not I'll be giving it a go in about two hours.

9. sortvind

Sep 13, 2012
    agree, this took me by surprise, extremly polished and well done.
    for one dollar..its a sure thing.
    on vita/dedicted gaming consol this would cost at least 7 dollar.

10. sortvind

Sep 13, 2012
    based on the graphics and gameplay so far, i think a 3gs could run it, but not well.

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #31 awp69, Oct 4, 2012
    So are their IAPs? I read the original had 40 levels but then additional levels were released as DLC as a separate purchase.

Opps...sorry missed this...

Just out of curiousity, how many levels/chapters are in the initial game?

12. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

My only purchase of the evening and it is rather nice. Very different and fluid control method... liking it so far :)

13. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    There are 10 chapters with 4 levels each chapter, levels arent that big as of now, they get bigger but slowly

14. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Still surprised at Microsoft doing iOS game releases, but it definitely looks like the one game I'll be buying for sure tonight. :)

15. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    This game looks great

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Well, they have non-game apps (OneNote, Bing, etc). Apple and Microsoft aren't hostile entities, after all, Microsoft makes Office for te Mac, and they aren't hostile to the idea of Bootcamp (which allows a Mac to run Windows) I don't think.

I just wish it was easier to run OSX, in whatever flavor, on a PC. And it would be nice to have a halfway decent iTunes client.

17. BullwinkleJ

BullwinkleJ Member

Sep 18, 2011
    I would. WP8 is not WP7 and the older model has been ignored by MS for months. They didn't get any traction and set it adrift.

18. No fing way!!! Wow! Saw the Zaxxon thread and was so disappointed, now this one looks like it has potential! I used to be Mr. Microsoft, so actually I am glad they have Microsoft on Apple. Even though I'm sure some Apple fanboys will sneer at it.

Gotta do some quick research, and break my non early adopter oath. This game actually makes me excited, give us some feedback guys and gals!

19. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Loving this game so far. It's cool how yow you control the movement of the creatures legs with each touch, it feels very new but very familiar at the same time. Finally a game to be excited about this week, and it feels like a steal for a buck

20. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Played the first few levels, it runs lightning fast on the iPhone5.
    Fantastic gameplay and controls = a much welcome addition to my phone.